T-Mobile Blackberry email options

beefybeefbeefybeef Posts: 3,238
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On the T-Mobile site they force you to buy the "Instant Email" option for 10GBP if you buy a Blackberry phone on contract. However, there is also an option you can select for "Blackberry Instant Email" for 7.50GBP. Why have both? What's the difference? It also doesn't mention the data package that you'd usually get with a Blackberry for using with the other apps such as the browser and instant messaging. I'm sure it's part of the package does it does only mention emails.

I'm probably going to O2 with a new contract soon but I'm preparing myself with some facts in case T-Mobile try and convince me to stay and I can get a good offer out of them. :) It'll have to be pretty good though as I'm sick of the poor signal where I live and don't really want to put up with it for another 18 months.

Comments

• CilonenCilonen Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Look at their Business plans instead - the same Flext deals are available but the phones are often cheaper and they throw in the WnW and/or BB email!

Eg:
    BB Bold on Flext 30 (IIRC) as a personal customer would be £99 for the phone and £47.50/month adding the instant email & BB email.

Same phone & plan on business: £68 for the phone and £34.50 for the plan, WnW & email (all inclusive of VAT).
    Contract length is the same too!

Nothing to stop you signing up as a business customer, you could just be starting out on a new venture part-time from home, couldn't you?
  • beefybeefbeefybeef Posts: 3,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilonen wrote: »
    Look at their Business plans instead - the same Flext deals are available but the phones are often cheaper and they throw in the WnW and/or BB email!

Eg:
    BB Bold on Flext 30 (IIRC) as a personal customer would be £99 for the phone and £47.50/month adding the instant email & BB email.

Same phone & plan on business: £68 for the phone and £34.50 for the plan, WnW & email (all inclusive of VAT).
    Contract length is the same too!

Nothing to stop you signing up as a business customer, you could just be starting out on a new venture part-time from home, couldn't you?

Wouldn't I have to prove I run a business though? I can't remember how you do that but I know there is a way that's required of you to prove it when, for example, buying stuff online at trade prices. T-Mobile aren't just going to take my word for it, because they know everyone would then try that.

I still want to know what the difference is between Instant Email and Blackberry Instant Email and whether it includes the data package too or not.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beefybeef wrote: »
    Wouldn't I have to prove I run a business though? I can't remember how you do that but I know there is a way that's required of you to prove it when, for example, buying stuff online at trade prices. T-Mobile aren't just going to take my word for it, because they know everyone would then try that.

As far as I know there is no requirement to have an actual business. The only differences are
    1) Distance Selling regulations to not apply to business purchases - so check the refund policies.
    2) Prices will usually be quoted ex-VAT
    3) Tariffs will be tailored for business users - e.g. more minutes, fewer texts

On the plus side, Customer Services is usually better for business users than pleb consumers.
  • beefybeefbeefybeef Posts: 3,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks LostFool. I particularly need more texts than minutes so a business package wouldn't suit me for that reason, if nothing else.

Well my situation has suddenly changed now because yesterday I saw that O2 had put the price of the phone with the package I want down from 98GBP to free, so I have taken advantage on that and ordered it straight away before they realise how much cheaper they're doing it than anyone else! I can't imagine T-Mobile will give me any better offer than what I have with O2 now. Well that's assuming I pass the credit check! No reason why I wouldn't but I'm waiting to hear.