Options

'Revenge of the Egghead'. BBC2, 18.00

Comments

• Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I can't believe Jeremy Vine thought that The Phillippenes is in South America.:o

lol, Vine is a bit dim, IMO.

I just noticed that CJ's chair is shaped like a giant egg!
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    One thing. I've noticed the questions CJ 'sets' are actually quite good. A lot of them are good to know and worth making a note of, as they are likely to crop up in future quizzes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see how the team can lose from this position.
  • Options
    Tarriq IbrahimTarriq Ibrahim Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    So has the normal Eggheads format finished then?
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So has the normal Eggheads format finished then?
    No, it's back in a few weeks.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    One thing. I've noticed the questions CJ 'sets' are actually quite good. A lot of them are good to know and worth making a note of, as they are likely to crop up in future quizzes.
    All worthy of £1 million questions on WWTBAM.
    It's not diffcult to write a difficult question
    I don't see how the team can lose from this position.

Thing is that I could answer most of CJ's questions and only one of theirs.
  • Options
    marieofromaniamarieofromania Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this for the first (and last) time last night. The show is so obviously trying to rip off The Chase - but they don't realise that what makes The Chase so popular (although maybe that show too is starting to run its course) is that the Chasers and the host are likeable. With the exception of Judith and Barry - none of the Eggheads are very likeable ... and as for the host!!!!

How can it be a rip-off of The Chase when The Chase is a rip-off of Eggheads?
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you revolve a whole show around somebody that nobody likes ha?

I agree he's a loathsome man. I watched one episode of this and switched HIM off half way through. He's also going back to Eggheads apparently. Just got rid of his partner in smugness and pretence , Daphne and then they drag him back,. Is it time to give up?
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understood that he left Eggheads to further his acting career.
    Didn't anyone want him?
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why were the contestants questions so easy today? There doesn't seem to be any consistency with the difficulty between shows, yesterday for example I thought the questions in the final were really tricky, far harder than today's.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understood that he left Eggheads to further his acting career.
    Didn't anyone want him?

Sadly it would seem not. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Why were the contestants questions so easy today? There doesn't seem to be any consistency with the difficulty between shows, yesterday for example I thought the questions in the final were really tricky, far harder than today's.

For the first time I thought the questions were on a par.
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Sadly it would seem not. :(

He's now acting as "one of the country's top quiz players":D.

Yesterday confirmed my thoughts about him as a quizzer - he ain't that good.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can it be a rip-off of The Chase when The Chase is a rip-off of Eggheads?

Literally the only things The Chase has in common with Eggheads is the use of a quiz genius and questions with an elimination aspect. Other than that, they're fundamentally different. Eggheads is more of a televised pub quiz, while The Chase is a lot more stylized as a challenge. Revenge takes a ton of the Chase's aspects and tries to make them different but ultimately fails in a lot of them.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I thought he was rejoining the Eggheads team, not getting his own show!

Don't you mean the 'D***heads' team?! That's what the show is called in our family!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    He's now acting as "one of the country's top quiz players":D.

Yesterday confirmed my thoughts about him as a quizzer - he ain't that good.

I respect quizzers who have a genuine interest in the subjects they know about.

This 'expert quizzer' boasts that he learns lists....yawn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched a second of this show. I was so glad when he left Eggheads. How can the BBC be so out of touch, nobody likes him, I can't believe anybody watches this. If he is going back to Eggheads I may have to stop watching that too.
  • Options
    AerrowAerrow Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    How on earth does this wally keep getting TV gigs? An overwhelming prat with an underwhelming general knowledge.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    Don't you mean the 'D***heads' team?! That's what the show is called in our family!!!

I can't believe this has been on ten years, and it never seems to take a break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aerrow wrote: »
    How on earth does this wally keep getting TV gigs? An overwhelming prat with an underwhelming general knowledge.

Enough about Jeremy Vine...what about CJ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's a replacement for Eggheads. Just something different while Eggheads isn't being shown.

That appears to be correct, this is on for 6 weeks then Eggheads is back and this will not include CJ yet and will still include Daphne. In fact we may not see CJ and the new female egghead (a panel of 8 now) until at least August. Because they are bound to show a number of repeats as well...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, some of the dimmest quiz contestants I've ever seen on TV.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJ didn't know what HMSO stood for?
    ...... and he's an egghead! Doh!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJ is now getting some really easy questions and the contestants questions are very hard.
  • Options
    R VR V Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »

You are definitely right in what you say, unfortunately I got the tricky ones when I was on. >:(