Options

HELP!! Telephone in young apprentice house

scotty2oo6scotty2oo6 Posts: 271
Forum Member
Hi
So in this years apprentice house they have a telephone its long and quite skinny and its white.

i really want one of these, does anyone know what type of phones they are called or where they are available

any help would be great
thanks
:):p

Comments

• Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    If you get one, you will get very confused every time you answer the phone... look at Navdeep's reaction in the latest episode! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol i know i love the phones they look so nice
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most ridiculous telephones I've ever seen.

I suppose it's "modern art".
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me old-fashioned, but I don't see what's wrong with a phone that looks like a phone and acts like a phone, rather than a perplexing fat banana.

Anyway, a quick google tells me it's a Bang & Olufsen BeoCom 2- there's a few on ebay here-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Bang-Olufsen-BeoCom-2-2-4-GHz-2-Lines-Cordless-Phone-/64413434
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks very much i want it in white i cant find it anywhere outside the US tho ;(
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    I think they look absolutely horrible! Not only that but they appear to be very impractical to me, too.

Give me a GPO 746 every time !!!

http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/images/large/746_1_front.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    they are very on trend and the type of thing for a smart flat, times are changing, some people dont like modern on trend flats :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a question of "on trend". I don't dislike that phone because it's "on trend" or "modern", but because I think it looks completely daft, not to mention impractical.
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotty2oo6 wrote: »
    thanks very much i want it in white i cant find it anywhere outside the US tho ;(
    You're welcome :)

If you want the item this much, maybe you could buy one from the US? The shipping fees shouldn't be too prohibitive, and I think you can buy a transformer to adapt US electricals to the UK power supply.

Alternatively, perhaps you could email Bang & Olufsen directly- I expect they'd try and help you out if it means making a sale. And remember to haggle for a discount, or you'll get a roasting in the boardroom ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I don't get why a multi-million pound house has a single phone.

Don't they know you can get 4 DECT phones for £100 from Argos?
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like something you should buy at Ann Summers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonny1973 wrote: »
    I don't get why a multi-million pound house has a single phone.

Don't they know you can get 4 DECT phones for £100 from Argos?

But then they couldn't have a shot of one of the kids running downstairs in their jammies, and then waking the rest of them up, and all of them getting themselves tarted/ponced up in 20 minutes flat (including ironing shirts).