Spandau Ballet True Gold on ITV

SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
Forum Member
✭✭
Just sat down to enjoy this and ITV have the audience clapping like idiots right through the first song.
Why do they do this?
I cringed all the way through Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott on London Palladium and they seem to direct their audience to do it on every live music performance.
They could at least provide an alternative audio on the blue button for those who don't appreciate the 'atmosphere' of inane clapping.

Comments

• mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    T Tony's voice always sounds harsh, worse when he's singing live, going well Ott. The records were pretty good in the early days . true was a good album but they never equaled it's success.
    Always thought gold would have made a great bond theme, wonder if they were ever approached to do one
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Apprentice was great tonight.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Spandau Ballet on ITV. GOLD! You are gold. The apprentice is so boring and repetitive now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Didnt like the way he sung True tbh
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    The Apprentice was great tonight.

Wrong thread. Or is a way to lure people over to BBC1? Heaven forbid anyone watches ITV.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread. Or is a way to lure people over to BBC1? Heaven forbid anyone watches ITV.

If the poster was enjoying the apprentice, why did s/he look for a Spandau Ballet show thread? Probably singing along all night but might not want to admit it
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed that...am officially ancient :(
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have enjoyed it if the dreadful Bleakley wasn't involved & they'd played the songs all the way through , not horribly truncated versions
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    If the poster was enjoying the apprentice, why did s/he look for a Spandau Ballet show thread? Probably singing along all night but might not want to admit it

I know. Odd.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just catching up with this.

Really interesting to see their story.

The only thing that ruined it for me was Christine introducing them as "Spandau Ballet" everytime they sang. I think we know who they are Christine. You didnt need to introduce them by name before every song!