Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

O2 Doorstep Swap question

Old 14-04-2009, 16:45
littlehope
Forum Member

Hi there,

Finally im getting the new phone tomorrow, basically got my new one last week and it stopped working within 3 hours, so phoned up and got a replacement, anyways, the site only says Nokia 7610 as the description so im wondering wether its just the actual phone i need to swap or the whole retail box and accessories e.g headphones/battery.

Does anyone know??

Thank You
littlehope is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-04-2009, 16:49
eddieh
Forum Member

If you doing a swap, you'll need to hand over the phone and charger that came with it. They normally get DPD (formally Parcelline) or DHL to do the swap. Make sure you remove the memory and sim card before handing it over. Sometimes they just take the phone as will just take the phone from the box and put your phone in it or they will take phone and charger and hand you the box.
eddieh is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 17:12
littlehope
Forum Member

So when the DPD driver comes tomporrow morning i just hand him the old phone and charger? do i need to find a box to put it in? do i need the returns label that came with the original box?

Thanks
Old 14-04-2009, 17:17
gomezz
Forum Member

What happended to the original box given you have only had it a week?
gomezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 17:18
littlehope
Forum Member

I still have both the brown box and the Retail box the phone came in, do i just place the phone and charger in the brown box and seal it? or will the driver do this? and does he put the returns label on it??

thanks
Old 15-04-2009, 14:49
Finglonga
Forum Member

Phone the supplier to check, O2 told me just send the handset back and battery and nothing else every time I had a doorstep swap.
Finglonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 15:58
eddieh
Forum Member

I still have both the brown box and the Retail box the phone came in, do i just place the phone and charger in the brown box and seal it? or will the driver do this? and does he put the returns label on it??

thanks
All you need to do is hand your mobile phone and charger to the driver which will hand over either a new phone box or phone & charger,
eddieh is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 20:32
Appleseed
Forum Member

I think i'd wait until I saw what I was getting - then just hand over the 'old' ones of whatever that was
Appleseed is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 19:24
ford.prefect
Forum Member

The couple of times I have done this (with Orange) it has been the bare phone only - last time not even the battery cover - that they have picked up and delivered. No charger battery etc required.
ford.prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 13:38
Floxi
Forum Member

I was meant to get a phone delivered today, the DPD guy turned up and wanted my old phone to swap for the new one. The problem is, I no longer have the old phone).. reckon i'd get away with giving them an old Nokia 6210?
Floxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:02
daclick
Forum Member

Never thought of this but I'd think the warehouse that recieves would pick up on this quite quickly and the other phones imei be blocked or something.
daclick is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote