Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Guy advice: How do I get stubble?

Old 28-04-2009, 23:29
Hogs Head
Forum Member

Hey guys!

Basically, I'm a 19 year old lad, nearly 20 - with the complete inability to grow hair on my face! I can honestly say, I've never wet-shaved in my life! (I use an electric razor when I need it.) Although I'm starting to mature now, I've always been the 'cutie' - what with having a baby-like face.

If I do get hair on my face, it's very fine light hairs (eventhough my hair is dark, well, dark blonde..) I do however get hair under my nose, which actually, is quite stubbly now as I haven't electric-shaved it since Saturday. But it's the hair on my face that I'd really like. I guess I want something like this:

http://www.look.yeah1.com/albums/use...Ward_31640.jpg

I heard that I should wet-shave everyday, as it encourages hair to grow back thicker? Is this true? I know, I should count myself lucky - but I'm at the stage now where I don't want to be a 'boy' - I want to be a man!

Any tips? Thanks a lot
Hogs Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-04-2009, 23:34
U96
Forum Member

Cut off some of your pubes and superglue it on.No one will know the difference believe me.
U96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 23:35
Hogs Head
Forum Member

Thanks for that sound advice, I'll give that a go!
Old 28-04-2009, 23:36
r_mitchell85
Forum Member

best thing for that is one of them i-trim things, which is what I use. The type where you turn a dial and adjust the length you want the stubble to be....

Of course, this wont make hair grow on your face. Nothing will really do that im afraid!
r_mitchell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 23:42
jimmy7bellies
Forum Member

You either have it or you don't, nothing you can do to get it. Though you might find it thickens a bit with age.
jimmy7bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 23:45
mathertron
Inactive Member

just wait, by the time your in yer mid twenties and all your mates are having to shave daily to avoid looking like a weirdy beardy you'll be thankful
mathertron is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 23:54
Serial Lurker
Forum Member

You'll just have to wait for it I'm afraid.

Whatever you do, though, until you actually can grow a beard, always shave whatever there is there. It will not look cool to leave it, it will look like you have a smudge on your top lip.
Serial Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 00:00
Hogs Head
Forum Member

I just wet-shaved the area above my lip & below my nose (moustache area) - see how long it takes for it to get stubbly again!

I've always been jealous of guys who have stubble - now more than ever actually, as I've started to think about my masculinity etc, and stubble is a sign of that! I know I'll probably be complaining about it soon though!
Old 29-04-2009, 00:07
Serial Lurker
Forum Member

I wouldn't worry about it, I could barely muster a bit of fluff at 19/20 and I'm one of the.. er... hairier men. It just differs between people. Some can grow the old tache/sideburns combo at 15, others start getting a hairy chest at 35.
Serial Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 00:52
niwdeness
Forum Member

Tbh, I think it's rather pathetic to be worrying about appearing virile, plus I think stubble looks crap anyway.

Thank god i'm fair haired so don't have to worry about shaving often.
niwdeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 02:40
sbds1
Forum Member

It is wet shaving that starts it. Or at least it was for me. I had very slow growing and weedy facial hair, but after starting wet shaving regularly it has become much thicker and quicker growing. Shame I don't really want stubble that much
sbds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 02:52
whip
Forum Member

It's nature if you don't grow stubble you don't grow it. I actually gave up trying to pay childs fare on buses at age 13.
whip is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 03:16
Sprogg
Forum Member

Aww!

Wet shaving seemed to make mine grow... I always electric shaved until I went on holiday in 2007 and forgot the shaver. Mortifications at having Jake the (really attractive) tour rep show me how to wet shave. Not that I asked him mind.. he took pity on me.

I've always wet shaved since... now I have to shave every other day cos of the stubble growth whereas before I only needed to electric shave every 4 days or so and even then you couldn't really see it but I could feel it.

Whether me being introduced to wet shaving and the increased hair growth was a complete coincidence or not I don't know though.

And the hair is dark on my face even though I'm an ex-ginger.
Sprogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:08
horns
Forum Member

Shaving does not encourage hair growth at all - that's a complete myth.

What it does do is give your previously smooth little bum-fluff hairs a sharp edge where they've been cut, so your stubble feels a little rougher when it grows back.
horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:45
Enter_the_monk
Forum Member

Shaving every day can be a major pain in the arse - enjoy those stubble free days!!
Enter_the_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:50
stud u like
Forum Member

I was like you at your age.

Now I am 36 the hairs grow thick and coarse and annoy me.

Relish your stubble free days. When you get older,you begin to wish on electrolysis!
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:54
sadoldbird
Forum Member

I was like you at your age.

Now I am 36 the hairs grow thick and coarse and annoy me.

Relish your stubble free days. When you get older,you begin to wish on electrolysis!
As a menopausal woman, I really look back fondly on the stubble-free days!
sadoldbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 13:09
breppo
Forum Member

Consider yourself lucky!
Shaving every day is not nearly as much fun as Gilette and Wilkinson want us to believe.
For starters there's not a platoon of gorgeous women all wanting to feel how smooth my skin is after shaving.
breppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 13:48
punter hitch
Forum Member

I hate it when my husband grows stubble (he calls it his holiday beard), its like bloody sandpaper against my face.
punter hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 13:50
Davemba

I hate it when my husband grows stubble (he calls it his holiday beard), its like bloody sandpaper against my face.
And you look like that scruff, Jensen Button.
Old 29-04-2009, 14:26
jimmy7bellies
Forum Member

He probably hates it when you let your "winter legs" grow a bit.
Old 29-04-2009, 14:30
punter hitch
Forum Member

He probably hates it when you let your "winter legs" grow a bit.
Thats a fair point
punter hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 15:45
Viridiana
Forum Member

I think you should consider yourself happy. Most men i know hate having to shave.

And geez, that pic you posted is a total turn off. Ugh..
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 16:43
Bezmina
Forum Member

The thing is any kissing with a shane Ward type face = severe cheese grating of the kissees face. OW!
Bezmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 16:57
jimmy7bellies
Forum Member

Here we go:

Stubble

To get a good five O'clock shadow, apply used coffee grounds to your face. First, put a thin layer of petroleum jelly (Vasoline) on the area you want your stubble. Be sure you have no allergies to either the jelly or coffee. Carefully press small amounts of the coffee grinds onto your face. Allow to dry.