Options

What's the best fibre putty to use for that "messed up" hair look?

Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
Forum Member
✭✭
I've recently had a new haircut.

I used to have my hair shaved really close to the head, and hardly had any hair...

but recently, I told my hairdresser to give me that sorta "messed up" look, where there's more hair on top.

anyway... he told me, the best stuff to use was fibre putty, so I bought some, and the stuff I bought was an absolute disaster, it leaves my hair all sticky and white, it's awful - it was a blue VO5 fibre putty tub.

what is the best brand of fibre putty to buy, where it doesn't leave it looking like glue in your hair, and wont leave it sticky??

thanks

Comments

• Options
    MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're using too much - just try using a tiny wee bit - the size of a pea - rub hands together lightly and apply from roots - less is deffo more - my son used to use too much and as you said you're left with white sticky hair - try it and see :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and the kids like the fibre putty from studioline.

It doesn't go white even though the kids seem to think more is better!
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how much you want to pay - but I use matte wax from toni and guy - I've used many over the years and this is easily the best for not looking greasy or feeling sticky, thanks to the matte effect. Bit pricey... but worth it imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Depends how much you want to pay - but I use matte wax from toni and guy - I've used many over the years and this is easily the best for not looking greasy or feeling sticky, thanks to the matte effect. Bit pricey... but worth it imo.

Thanks.

but is Toni and guy the name of the brand, or the name of the shop you buy it in?
  • Options
    eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    This is all very sad; does it matter?

Grow your hair long man, we're not living in the late 90s/early '00s anymore.

Conformism is a disease.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Conformism is a disease.

How is it sad, that I want to take pride in my hair, by finding a good, decent product to use in it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Conformism is a disease.

Go take a shower, hippie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using matt clay at the moment. I'm getting great results with it.

I find wax, gel, or mes constructor goop just makes my hair look "wet look" even when they aren't wet look products. Wet look for me just looks greasy and dirty.

Was considering getting a haricut tomorrow. Maybe an 8 all over but this matt clay may mean I just go for a good trim instead. It's quite long just now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Conformism is a disease.

Long hair is pretty conformist right now for guys. Rule is, if a majority of the old gits that present Top Gear are sporting a look, it's not exactly the daring option.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    horns wrote: »
    Long hair is pretty conformist right now for guys. Rule is, if a majority of the old gits that present Top Gear are sporting a look, it's not exactly the daring option.

:D:D:D:D