Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What sequels have been confirmed for the future?

View Poll Results: Whats the best film in the series?
Twilight 6 27.27%
Twilight: New Moon 2 9.09%
Twilight: Eclipse 1 4.55%
Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 2 9.09%
Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 3 13.64%
I don't like those films 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Old 20-07-2014, 21:52
Luner13
Forum Member

I just watched all five over the weekend (bit extreme I know but I hadn't watched any in about 2 years)

Anyway I think the two best are the first one and Breaking Dawn Part 2

I actually think Eclipse is the worst of the lot and I am still sad that Rachelle Lefevre was replaced as Victoria as I thought she had way more presence than her replacement.

If I had to really say I'd pick the first film as my fave but BDP2 is epic.
Luner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-07-2014, 00:43
meglosmurmurs
Forum Member

I got into Twilight just a few years ago so I saw the first three films in quick succession, then accompanied my sister to the cinema to see the last two when they came out.

I think my favourite is Breaking Dawn Part 2. The diverse range of unusual vampires and their powers, plenty of the Volturi, plus I like the final twist that kind of trolls the audience (even those familiar with the books).

My second favourite is Eclipse. It's one of the more action-packed films I think. We get plenty of the Cullens, such as training to fight, and more insight into the backstories of Jasper and Rosalie (spin-offs anyone?)
The timeline for the events taking place can be rather confusing though and certainly the worst thing about it is the crappy 'Faketoria'. She's gone from being an imposing regal bad-ass to a little girl with no presence at all.

The original film predictably has a certain naivety and freshness to it. Keeping things fairly simple but gradually building up momentum with some very memorable scenes (such as the baseball game and first confrontation with James/Victoria/Laurent).

With Breaking Dawn Part 1, I'm not really into the whole romance thing, so for the wedding and honeymoon to take up so much of the first half means it doesn't really make much of an impression on me. However, I just love how the film starts like a fairytale only to descend into misery, pain and death. Bella certainly goes through the mill in that one. Ending the film on the transformation was great and made me excited for Part 2.

I'd say by far my least favourite is New Moon. Most of it covers Bella's depression at being alone, so it can be quite tedious and gloomy. It's definitely not one I'd recommend to someone unfamiliar with the franchise.
But I liked the use of the Lykke Li song to show the months passing by. Also it introduced us to the Volturi and gave the wolves their time to shine, plus there's some great moments with Victoria stalking around the place.

These opinions are not coming from a typical Twilight fan though. I have a tendency to look past the Edward/Bella stuff, but I appreciate the odd romantic moment.
I agree with others though that kind of wish the franchise was based on something stronger than the love story so that some of the concepts would get more credit. Such as The Volturi dealing with vampire children (that moment in BD Part 2 about the Denalis mother made me wonder what could have been).
But then the films may not have been as huge as they were so what do I know.
meglosmurmurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 01:39
FusionFury
Forum Member

I liked Breaking Dawn Part 2 most because of the Twist which had everyone who read the books crying because they thought it wasn't going to have a happy ending like they read, I still remember the gasps in the cinema from Team Edward like it was yesterday
FusionFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 01:44
necromancer20
Forum Member

The first one, I really liked the indie teen vibe it had going (which was kind of lost with the more special effects driven sequels).

OT but I've never quite understood the hostility these films received, there's certainly a lot worse out there.
necromancer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 01:57
Naa_KwaKai
Forum Member

They're all garbage imo apart from the very first one which is ok.
Naa_KwaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 04:18
Grabid Rannies
Forum Member

Twishight? Pah. Give me Vampire Circus any day. Or Blood For Dracula. Heck, even The Legend Of The 7 Golden Vampires
Grabid Rannies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 12:12
mimicole
Forum Member

I don't mind watching them occasionally. I quite like Eclipse so that's the one that I voted for.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 18:04
sneaky smeagol
Forum Member

worst films ever. i still want the 2 hours back from watching one of the them
as a vampire fan they ruined the genre .
sneaky smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 22:32
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

New Moon is the best one, because it's the one featuring very limited screentime for Robert Pattinson.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 21:56
Kayleigh2010
Forum Member

I chose Breaking Dawn Part 1. I loved the whole honeymoon stuff.
Kayleigh2010 is offline   Reply With Quote