Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The last cd(s) you bought (Merged)

Old 29-06-2014, 22:18
katanderson
Forum Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Kathryn and I'm a country singer-songwriter from Sussex. I actually don't post in the music forum that much (apart from occasionally the country appreciation thread ), but I thought I'd venture in here tonight to ask you lovely people a favour.

I'm in this competition for the Best British Country Songwriter, hosted by my local radio station but seems to have become a national thing for the country fan community. My song "Just Another Country Song" has made the Top 6 (out of around 100 entrants I think). I'd appreciate anyone who'd visit the link below, give it a listen and vote for it if you like it enough. The whole thing is public voted and the winner gets to sing their song at the British Country Music Awards in autumn.

The link is http://www.uckfieldfm.co.uk/countrysongvote-final6/ and voting closes at midnight. They pick the winner either this coming Wednesday or the one after.

On a side note, if anyone was interested my website it's here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
katanderson is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-06-2014, 16:00
ADNSPOTLIGHT
Inactive Member

Hi Kathryn,

I just wanted to give you the opportunity to feature on the Brand New ADN SPOTLIGHT.

ADN SPOTLIGHT is a new platform for unsigned UK artists, which provides a free promotion service.

Please have a look at the site on www.adnspotlight.net and email me on r.campbell@adnspotlight.net if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Rubyn Campbell
ADN SPOTLIGHT Manager
The After Dark Network
ADNSPOTLIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 17:34
callmediva
Forum Member

I wish you luck

I so wish people on here and all over, really, weren't so influenced by radio and tv, and actually took the time to try to discover new music. There's so much talent out there. We played a small festival in Usk over the weekend, it was good fun and loads of people took advantage of our free download offer. It was great to see a small festival getting people along - as I said to them after the first song, who needs Glastonbury?

Get out there, people, you don't need to go to a festival, try your local open mic and see the talent there.

PS. Voted
callmediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 21:27
katanderson
Forum Member

Hi Kathryn,

I just wanted to give you the opportunity to feature on the Brand New ADN SPOTLIGHT.

ADN SPOTLIGHT is a new platform for unsigned UK artists, which provides a free promotion service.

Please have a look at the site on www.adnspotlight.net and email me on r.campbell@adnspotlight.net if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Rubyn Campbell
ADN SPOTLIGHT Manager
The After Dark Network
Thanks, I'll have a look at it

I wish you luck

I so wish people on here and all over, really, weren't so influenced by radio and tv, and actually took the time to try to discover new music. There's so much talent out there. We played a small festival in Usk over the weekend, it was good fun and loads of people took advantage of our free download offer. It was great to see a small festival getting people along - as I said to them after the first song, who needs Glastonbury?

Get out there, people, you don't need to go to a festival, try your local open mic and see the talent there.

PS. Voted
I agree, there are so many great musicians that work really hard and often go unnoticed. It's definitely a journey and you have to work your way up and meet the right people.
Thanks so much for voting!
katanderson is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote