Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Ford Focus help please - reverse gear help!

Old 21-08-2009, 19:59
char_student
Forum Member

As per my previous post, I am having car problems! My focus had a broken reverse gear pin in the gearbox as it would not get in reverse. Also put a new clutch in as was told thats a good idea to do that when gearbox out. However still having a problem with reverse. With car on or off (occassionally) it will not get into reverse. It makes a crunching noise and is not going all the way into reverse. It is only going half way. Any ideas what else it could be please? Paid out so much already, thought it may have been the clutch so we bled that again. However we realise that it wont always get in reverse with the car off, so cant be the clutch.
char_student is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-08-2009, 20:33
fat controller
Forum Member

Could it be the selector forks out of alignment as a result of the work to date?
fat controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 20:36
NWScots
Forum Member

Mine does that sometimes too. I find taking putting the car into neutral, releasing the clutch all the way and then putting it into reverse again works. Used to have to do that with my old Vauxhall too.
NWScots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 21:17
punter hitch
Forum Member

Mine does that sometimes too. I find taking putting the car into neutral, releasing the clutch all the way and then putting it into reverse again works. Used to have to do that with my old Vauxhall too.
Yep, me too.
punter hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 21:19
tellytart1
Forum Member

My MR2 does that too. Putting it into neutral, lift the clutch, then back down, and it goes into reverse easily then.
tellytart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 21:30
KnowAll27
Forum Member

Gonna agree with this, I have to do it in my Mini sometimes
KnowAll27 is offline   Reply With Quote