Options

Windows 7 Bluetooth question

lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone found a way to set Windows 7 to automatically receive files via Bluetooth without having to manually do it each time?

At the moment I have to right click the Bluetooth icon on the task bar, click Receive File and then send a single file from my N97 via Bluetooth. In the case of 50 photos, it takes forever.

I used to, on my old Vista laptop, be able to select multiple files on my mobile and they'd just send to the laptop without having to tell it to receive a single file.

Anyone know how to set this up on 7 because so far it doesn't seem possible :(

Comments

• Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be a security feature.

Why not connect your phone up via USB - it would be much faster too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    It might be a security feature.

Why not connect your phone up via USB - it would be much faster too.

Because I want to use Bluetooth, it's much easier and more convenient.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should still be able to select multiple files on your phone, and send them in one hit to your computer. When you click the recieve file, it will recieve all marked files in one hit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jbeavon wrote: »
    You should still be able to select multiple files on your phone, and send them in one hit to your computer. When you click the recieve file, it will recieve all marked files in one hit!

It doesn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting! Must be a N97 issue then, because it worked perfectly with my Nokia 5800 last night! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jbeavon wrote: »
    Interesting! Must be a N97 issue then, because it worked perfectly with my Nokia 5800 last night! :confused:

Just tried it with my N95 8Gig, still doesn't work with that either. Then moved on to my wife's Samsung Tocco Ultra, still didn't do it with that. Finally tried my two emergency handsets, a K800i and a Sony Walkman phone.

None of the above are able to send more than one file to Windows 7 when I select 'Receive a file'. If I try, it sends the first file, then windows asks me where to save it while the phone reports it couldn't send the files.

It seems you were lucky with your 5800 to be able to do such a thing because the above handsets can't sadly.

However, the N95 8gig and the N97 were able to send files, without having to set the 'Receive file' option on Vista and could send multiple files. All I did was 'Send -> Bluetooth -> Laptop' and they went. Now I have to click 'Receive file' on Windows 7 and even then I can't send them in one go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jbeavon,

It seems I am not alone with this problem, there are Vista and XP users with the problem here. I am using Windows 7, but it appears the same there.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/thread/7f18d810-b8c9-457e-80a8-72924af0888a

Apparently I need to find a driver supplied by my hardware provider to get that functionality back instead of using the Microsoft driver. But Windows on it's own will not do this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did a bit of tinkering.

Found in my device manager that I had the Dell driver showing and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. Disabling the Microsoft driver allows me to click receive file and receive multiple files :D

Semi success!