Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Satellite Dish Installer Brussels

Old 09-03-2004, 17:19
carl-brussels
Forum Member

Can anyone recommend someone in Brussels Belgium that can supply AND install a dish suitable for receiving Astra 2D? I assume i will need a 50cm dish and was thinking of buying one from Brymar should I not find an installer. I would rather find an installer because I don't like heights! I already have a Sky box and subscription.

Any help gratefully recieved!

Thanks
carl-brussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-03-2004, 19:21
mikadoo
Forum Member

I can recommend someone who installed my own dish, he does professional satellite installations for warehouses and travels most of Belgium (e-mail: nok@pandora.be Koen de Bels) He didn't charge me much for fine-tuning my installation.
mikadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 19:55
K3
Forum Member

A standard zone 1 minidish is big enough for the Benelux, I've installed loads in the Aachen area using one and always get over 70% signal strength and quality.

Kevin
K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:05
carl-brussels
Forum Member

Thanks for this. Any ideas how much I should be paying? I have been quoted 200 by another outfit but it is unclear if this includes the dish or not.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:36
K3
Forum Member

You mention heights, how high do you want it installed and why? With stellite dishes you just need to put them where they won't be knocked with a clear view to the south east at an angle of roughly 30 above the horizon. It could be much simpler than you think.

For 200 I might even come and do it and supply the dish.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:30
carl-brussels
Forum Member

Sounds as though I have been quoted way to much then!

I am three stories up, but the dish can be fitted to a wall outside a window with a balcony on the floor below so access is not a problem. Seriously, what should I be paying for the dish and installation?
Old 10-03-2004, 14:40
K3
Forum Member

If the location is easily accessable I would do it myself through the window, get hold of a Sky Zone 1 minidish, mark the holes on the wall using the mounting bracket as a template, drill the holes, fit the wall mounting bracket onto the wall, then the rest of the assembled dish just slots into the bracket and is secured by a small coach bolt.

The bearing for the dish in Brussels is about 152 magnetic, elevation about 28.

There is a local guy here who installs dishes and he charges, depending on how much work is involved betweem 40 and 120.

If you can't find a minidish anywhere else, I've got a box of them in transit at the moment, I could nip across the border and post one to you, or if you're ever near Aachen you could pick one up.

P.M. me if you want more info.

Kevin
Old 21-03-2004, 15:21
carl-brussels
Forum Member

Thanks all! Did it myself in the end with a dish and LNB from Brymar Satellite. Bit hairy hanging out the window but all is well have 75% SS and SQ!
Old 21-03-2004, 15:25
K3
Forum Member

Now you can sit back and watch telly with a beer in your hand, and with the satisfaction that you did it yourself and saved a shedload of money.

Kevin