Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Can anyone recommend any Batman GN's?

Old 19-11-2009, 13:25
darthbibble
Forum Member

Currently reading (and loving) The Dark Knight Returns

I've heard of the sequel to that, The Killing Joke and Year One as being good ones to read. Just wondering if there where any others worth ready?

I'm a big fan of The Riddler and I'd be keen to read the best one available with him in.
darthbibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-11-2009, 16:31
FunkmasterT
Forum Member

I haven't read many Batman books, but Year One is great. I also recommend JLA: Tower of Babel, it's a very good story for Batman.
FunkmasterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 19:37
tingramretro
Inactive Member

Arkham Asylum is an obvious one to add to the list; a terrifically dark story which features an unusual look into Batman's psyche.
tingramretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 22:56
GoodGuyChucky
Forum Member

When I was a kid I loved Death in the Family, where the Jason Todd Robin gets killed. I guess technically it's more a trade paperback than a graphic novel, but it's a great Batman read nonetheless.
GoodGuyChucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 23:21
dramatiCUTIE.
Forum Member

The Long Halloween. Definitely worth a read.
dramatiCUTIE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 13:33
zwixxx
Forum Member

Don't know if you're still after recommendations but I've taken a quick scans thru me collection and ...

Big Novels - Venom, The Cult and Arkham Asylum (get the 15th Aniversary edition, should be same price as original by now - defn worth it)

Minis - The First Two Batman vs Judge Dredd ones - (1) Judgement on Gotham and (2) The one with the Ventriloquist, give (3) a miss cos even though it stars your 'fav' the Riddler they changed artists 1/2 way through and that just ruined it for me.

Minis - The Killing Joke and Batman Madness - a Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Special

and I'd stay clear of The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeba and Tim Sale, they left out the most important page and so left an unsatisfactory story.
zwixxx is online now   Reply With Quote