Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Does a warm/hot bath make you feel exhausted/fatigued?

Old 02-01-2010, 23:44
Cyeic
Forum Member

As title.
Cyeic is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-01-2010, 23:46
mirandashell
Forum Member

Ermmm .. why?

I think it's supposed to make you feel relaxed or sleepy. Exhaustion is a bit of an extreme reaction.
mirandashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 23:51
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Are you suffering any other symptoms OP? Feeling exhausted after a bath could be one manifestation of an underlying neurological problem - although unlikely if you've no other symptoms. Also depends how hot you have the water as well I guess!
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:02
Cyeic
Forum Member

I do have some neurological problems of unknown etiology - presumed benign by a neuro (had them for years).

I was just reading up about things that help with fatigue - and taking a bath was one of them! I do love baths, but I almost have to crawl back to my room and lay down for a half hour to recover. I was just wondering if other people get the same sort of reaction.
Cyeic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:11
Terry Wigon
Forum Member

One of the primitive diagnoses of MS would be to sit in a hot bath. http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuse...ow&pageid=1708

However, it's much more likely that your symptoms could be due to low blood pressure or that the bath was too hot?
Terry Wigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:13
OnexOne
Forum Member

yip , i often feel knacked after a hot bath, but thats probably down to he temp i often have my bath at!
OnexOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:15
Tweacle Tart II
Forum Member

Yes, I used to and then I was diagnosed with MS and advised to avoid hot baths. The last time I had even a tepid bath, it wiped me out for about two days so it's showers all the way now.

MS used to actually be diagnosed by the 'hot bath' test.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuse...ow&pageid=1708
Tweacle Tart II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:21
Terry Wigon
Forum Member

Yes, I used to and then I was diagnosed with MS and advised to avoid hot baths. The last time I had even a tepid bath, it wiped me out for about two days so it's showers all the way now.

See post 5!
Terry Wigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:22
Tweacle Tart II
Forum Member

I was writing mine out while you were posting yours.
Tweacle Tart II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57
mrs_buckley
Forum Member

I love really hot baths (ie makes the skin pink) and I do often find I feel tired whilst I'm in the bath and can usually go for a nap when I get out easily. The other thing is I often end up with a headache when I get out, but I think that's blood pressure related due to the temperature of the water, especially now I'm pregnant.

I know it's bad for me but I can't stand a bath anything other than scorching hot, and I hate the shower because I always feel really cold unless I put the water on very hot, in which case all the steam takes my breath away and I feel like I'm going to collapse.

Sorry for the long post!
mrs_buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:50
Josephine_1
Forum Member

Yes, only if I have had the water to hot, and it isn't enjoyable then at all, a weak feeling. So I make sure I have tested it well before getting in!
Josephine_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:54
India_Rain
Forum Member

Yes, I feel like jelly if I have a hot bath. Even drying myself afterwards can be exhausting and my muscles feel fatigued.
India_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 13:03
GetMeOuttaHere
Forum Member

I feel exhausted after having a bath and could quite easily have a lie down as I have trouble even standing straight afterwards. I feel so hot after I have to go and stand in my cold porch in flimsy pj's to cool off.
GetMeOuttaHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 14:31
Jumpy
Forum Member

I thought this was just me! I do have very hot baths (not on purpose but I am too impatient to put cold water in/wait for it to cool) so I get in and then get this fatigued feeling. My heart also races and I have difficulty doing anything after a bath.

Lucky I don't have them often.
Jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 16:14
Clangerette
Forum Member

Saw a prog on this and apparently its not the hot bath that makes you feel tired its your body cooling down after that makes you feel sleepy
Clangerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 16:25
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Whenever I have a really hot shower or bath I get really light headed after a while, like im going to faint. Not sure why?
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 16:45
kupo_nut
Forum Member

I have this problem as well, and am waiting for an MRI with contrast as my neurological problems have been getting worse.

The problem is I get a horrible sensation of itchy, burning, electrical feeling in my shoulders and having a shower just makes it worse. It's getting to the point when it makes me feel sick, and even standing in the shower is a pain as I get dizzy.

So it's have a bath, or stink
kupo_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 18:47
missholland
Forum Member

Yes,I do,I thought it was just me!Totally exhausted whenever I take a bath,hot or just warm.I do have low bloodpressure,I didn't know that could cause it.
Anyway,it's just showers for me!
missholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 18:51
GetMeOuttaHere
Forum Member

Anyone get hives when they have a bath. (I don't have hot ones, warmish to hot, no reddening of the skin from the heat)
GetMeOuttaHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 18:54
RebelScum
Forum Member

Also, I'd imagine that having bath with very hot water could make one sweat a lot, causing dehydration which could lead to headaches and fatigue.
RebelScum is offline   Reply With Quote