Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

''They will stand in shame like the Weeping Angels of old'' (Mini spoilers)

Old 03-01-2010, 23:07
sepmix
Forum Member

How is it that Dalton's character knew of the Weeping Angels, and yet The Doctor with all his accumulated knowledge, did not? He had to rely on Sally Sparrow to give him notice of this new race. A plothole?
sepmix is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-01-2010, 23:10
kw4121
Forum Member

erm well thats not true the doctor knew and knows who the weeping anges are its just the tardis was in the present and he had been zapped to the past so he couldnt get the tardis

thats why he had sally sparrow do it for him as she was in the present with the tardis !!

Ken
kw4121 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 23:10
DavidG_UK
Forum Member

How is it that Dalton's character knew of the Weeping Angels, and yet The Doctor with all his accumulated knowledge, did not? He had to rely on Sally Sparrow to give him notice of this new race. A plothole?
The Doctor did know of them. Unfortunately they caught him and Martha out and sent them back into the 1960s from where the Doctor sent messages to Sally Sparrow in order to effect a rescue for him and Martha

The Doctor actually says something like "they are older than time itself"
DavidG_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 23:15
sepmix
Forum Member

I thought Sally Sparrow discovered them and provided the Doctor with the information?
sepmix is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 00:17
Pistol Whip
Forum Member

I thought Sally Sparrow discovered them and provided the Doctor with the information?
Nope. Don't you remember the line, "The Angels have the phone box..."

The Doctor knew of them, he and Martha were just caught out by them. Re-watch Blink, all will become clear.
Pistol Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:27
Cardiff_Blu1978
Forum Member

Am I the only one who thought that Moffat's " Blink " episode was maybe one of the best episodes of the past 4 Dr Who seasons so far ?

Even though there wasn't that much Tennant in it, it still sticks in my head as one of my personal favourites. It wasn't just the weeping angels I liked, it was just the whole tone and feel of the episode. Also every supporting character was likeable.

On that basis alone, knowing that Moffat wrote the episode it gives me so much faith knowing that he is at the helm with superb story telling like that.

Anyone else agree ?
Cardiff_Blu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:36
JCR
Forum Member

Am I the only one who thought that Moffat's " Blink " episode was maybe one of the best episodes of the past 4 Dr Who seasons so far ?

Even though there wasn't that much Tennant in it, it still sticks in my head as one of my personal favourites. It wasn't just the weeping angels I liked, it was just the whole tone and feel of the episode. Also every supporting character was likeable.

On that basis alone, knowing that Moffat wrote the episode it gives me so much faith knowing that he is at the helm with superb story telling like that.

Anyone else agree ?
No you're not. It was voted second best DW story ever in Doctor Who Magazine last year, only behind Caves of Androzani.
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:50
Cardiff_Blu1978
Forum Member

No you're not. It was voted second best DW story ever in Doctor Who Magazine last year, only behind Caves of Androzani.
Wow really ? That is so cool.

Glad i'm not the only one then who thinks the same way. There was just something about that episode that still to this day that makes me want to watch it over and over again. I cant do that with some of the other episodes.

Every time I see Dr Who re-runs on cable I always hope the episode will be " blink ".
Cardiff_Blu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote