How can I find out if I have a CCJ for free?

JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'd like to know if I have any CCJ's (County Court Judgement) against myself, and would like to know how I can find this out, and view this information for free?
I've searched online but most websites offer to help for a small fee.
Surley I'm covered by DPA to view my own personal information for free?

Please advise on how I would find this out.

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can get a free credit check from experian which should show any ccjs.

beware though - you have to sign up first and give credit card details, you then get a free trial period for a month i think, so you have to remember to cancel before that period is up else you get charged.
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk/

It will cost you nothing!
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk/

It will cost you nothing!
    almost nothing....

'•You pay a once-only set-up fee of £2.50'
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    almost nothing....

'•You pay a once-only set-up fee of £2.50'

Ahh it's changed then, well it cost me nothing! :D
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh it's changed then, well it cost me nothing! :D

This is the thing, data is held on me and you and everybody, why we should have to pay to see that data, I don't know! I think that's disgusting.

Thanks for your help so far, and if any one else knows where I can find out CCJ data on myself for free, please advise
  • chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jolene wrote: »
    This is the thing, data is held on me and you and everybody, why we should have to pay to see that data, I don't know! I think that's disgusting.

Thanks for your help so far, and if any one else knows where I can find out CCJ data on myself for free, please advise

Did you not get this bit then?
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    you can get a free credit check from experian which should show any ccjs.

beware though - you have to sign up first and give credit card details, you then get a free trial period for a month i think, so you have to remember to cancel
    before that period is up else you get charged.

They still have to collate the information and post it to you, so even at £2, surely it's peace of mind?
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Experian route sounds good, however, I know a number of people that had cancelled with them, but they'd still charged later any way. I can't risk that, or Mr Barlcay will charge me if there are insufficient funds in there haha :D
  • PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you had a CCJ against you then you'd have received official notification from the courts saying so. It used to be a blue document detailing the person who took the CCJ out against you and the amount the CCJ is for. If you haven't received something like this then it might be safe to assume you don't have one against you (although not 100% given the postal services these days).

Is there a particular reason you think you have one against you?