the rare 60's classics thread

Old 15-12-2014, 10:03
Jamie_Clarke
Forum Member

Can't wait for new music from Britney.

Britney jean was a disappointment, but sure she can kill it again,

http://www.sotouk.com/2014/12/britne...ng-early-2015/
Jamie_Clarke is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-12-2014, 10:08
little-monster
Forum Member

Are you incapable of sharing information that doesn't come from promoting your own blog?
This isn't a source of information, this is just you blogging about it
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 11:55
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Saw this all over my Twitter feed earlier. I for one am excited! I think the Britney/Iggy collaboration is gonna be the first single. Wonder if that means we'll be getting the album in the summer?
cnbcwatcher is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 11:56
AdzPower
Forum Member

Any new Britney music is cause for celebration, hopefully this is a sign that the album is almost finished which if the case then wow she has worked quick, quick, quick!
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 12:34
RikScot
Forum Member

Saw this all over my Twitter feed earlier. I for one am excited! I think the Britney/Iggy collaboration is gonna be the first single. Wonder if that means we'll be getting the album in the summer?
Britney and Iggy Pop?

Wow.
RikScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 12:41
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Britney and Iggy Pop?

Wow.
Sorry to disappoint you but it's actually Iggy Azalea she's working with I should've made that clear!
Old 15-12-2014, 13:00
mimicole
Forum Member

Iggy Azalea? Not pleased to hear this, I can't stand her music.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 15:46
John_Lochery
Forum Member

really excited just keeping my fingers crossed will.i.am hasn't touched this album with a bloody barch pole
John_Lochery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 23:59
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

really excited just keeping my fingers crossed will.i.am hasn't touched this album with a bloody barch pole
I hope so too. I didn't really like his work on Britney Jean.
Old 16-12-2014, 13:11
ScottishWoody
Forum Member

I don't think its entirely fair to blame Will.i.am for Britney Jean. The album was a collection of input from many different writers, producers, and Britney herself.

Don't forget Will.i.am is also responsible for Britneys only UK #1 of the last decade.
ScottishWoody is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 13:37
AdzPower
Forum Member

I don't care if every song on the album is a collaboration with Iggy Azalia as long as Will.i.sh!t is no where near this I'll be happy.
Old 16-12-2014, 14:42
little-monster
Forum Member

I don't think its entirely fair to blame Will.i.am for Britney Jean. The album was a collection of input from many different writers, producers, and Britney herself.

Don't forget Will.i.am is also responsible for Britneys only UK #1 of the last decade.
Will.I.Am was the exec producer of the album, which means he was the boss of the whole album. Even in the songs he didn't write or produce, he is very responsible for everything. He is entirely responsible for the abomination that is Britney Jean.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 15:01
I IZ Ghetto
Forum Member

Will murdered the original version of Alien by only tweaking it slightly.

Says a lot.
I IZ Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 16:05
John_Lochery
Forum Member

I do get what you're saying but he was made executive producer so it was kind of his fault. mind you to be fair Britney and the label made him executive producer so it was their fault as well. The bottom line is he still shouldn't have been allowed total control of Britney Jean. The problem was they saw the massive success of Scream & Shout [which I was never a fan of in the first place] and thought if they gave all the reigns to will.i.am then BJ would automatically be as successful as S&S.

im not a fan of his work and I don't see why everyone in the music business desperately wants to work with him
John_Lochery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 18:34
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Yes but will.i.am ended up being executive producer and loads of other songs didn't make it. I wish the Danja, Naughty Boy and Charli XCX songs had made the album. I heard one of the Danja demos intended for Britney Jean and even though it was an instrumental it sounded brilliant. Oh what could have been... I'd say they thought they could get another hit from Britney Jean and they probably capitalised on the success of Scream & Shout. Promo and everything was also overshadowed by Vegas.
Old 17-12-2014, 07:46
vdp2791
Forum Member

Cannot stand iggy but at least she might be able to help britney claw her way back to mainstream radio.

Plus as long as will.u.stop isn't involved, I'm game.
vdp2791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:54
Ally_Bowie
Forum Member

Looking forward to this!
Ally_Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 02:21
Reem2011
Forum Member

Cannot stand iggy but at least she might be able to help britney claw her way back to mainstream radio.

Plus as long as will.u.stop isn't involved, I'm game.
Britney still a bigger artist
Reem2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 15:39
rebellion
Forum Member

So excited for new Britney music! Would love it to have more of an ITZ, Blackout feel. I guess that means more urban. I didn't like Britney Jean at all (bar a few songs).
rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 16:06
EyeballEyeball
Forum Member

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...11/357/30a.gif
EyeballEyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 16:25
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

Every single album she has done since Blackout there has always been the whole "she's returning to her Blackout sound" rumours, yet it hasn't ever happened. I'm sure that she has even said it herself when recording a couple of her albums. I don't think it will ever happen though. I'm not a massive fan of her. She can't sing, she's a crap performer now who just goes through the motions, plus she mimes. She's awful. However, I will admit that Blackout was a fantastic album to listen to, and Circus was good too. I think she's past her peak definitely. I do think hooking up with Iggy Azealia is a good idea though...everyone seems to love Iggy at the moment and Britney needs someone who can inject some freshness into her music...someone current. Her partnership with Will.I.Am was just awful.
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 16:51
rebellion
Forum Member

Old 18-12-2014, 18:09
thewaywardbus
Forum Member

I see she has put her name to a range of hair care products............can't seem to find the razor though..........
thewaywardbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 18:16
rebellion
Forum Member

I see she has put her name to a range of hair care products............can't seem to find the razor though..........
original...
Old 18-12-2014, 18:26
AdzPower
Forum Member

Every single album she has done since Blackout there has always been the whole "she's returning to her Blackout sound" rumours, yet it hasn't ever happened. I'm sure that she has even said it herself when recording a couple of her albums. I don't think it will ever happen though. I'm not a massive fan of her. She can't sing, she's a crap performer now who just goes through the motions, plus she mimes. She's awful. However, I will admit that Blackout was a fantastic album to listen to, and Circus was good too. I think she's past her peak definitely. I do think hooking up with Iggy Azealia is a good idea though...everyone seems to love Iggy at the moment and Britney needs someone who can inject some freshness into her music...someone current. Her partnership with Will.I.Am was just awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFozfg8p7E8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWWwIs1DhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-X9zF_S1c