Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Skaro's Return

Old 14-06-2010, 22:13
TemporalParadox
Inactive Member

Does anyone know why Skaro has mysteriously returned in the Adventure Game: City of the Daleks? I'm slightly confused. have I missed something? Is it explained or not? Or is it just that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed in the Time War and was only just left in ruin? Any help?
TemporalParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-06-2010, 22:16
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

I don't know, but I'm really hoping it will be used in future eps
davrosdodebird is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 22:19
CheeseyDude1337
Forum Member

The Daleks rewrote time with the 'Eye of Time' thing, and brung it back.
CheeseyDude1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 22:25
tingramretro
Inactive Member

Does anyone know why Skaro has mysteriously returned in the Adventure Game: City of the Daleks? I'm slightly confused. have I missed something? Is it explained or not? Or is it just that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed in the Time War and was only just left in ruin? Any help?
Skaro wasn't destroyed in the Time War.
tingramretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 22:42
TEDR
Forum Member

Skaro wasn't destroyed in the Time War.
It was destroyed in Remembrance of the Daleks though, wasn't it?
TEDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 22:46
tingramretro
Inactive Member

Allegedly, though later retconned out in the novels, mostly because it was shown to still exist in the TV Movie (supposedly, it was a fake Skaro that got blown up).
Old 14-06-2010, 22:50
Abomination
Forum Member

For the first time, I am ignoring the Press Statements and pretending that The Adventure Games are not canon (they are if I am not mistaken???). They are just silly albeit rather addictive games- well the first was anyway. If that was really the daleks return following ViOTD, I am quite disappointed. The story certainly wasn't an attracting factor of City of the Daleks for me.
Abomination is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 23:04
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

I thought McCoy blew it up too. Oh well. I must be out of synch with the 'canon'..
Kapellmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 23:06
asto47
Forum Member

Christmas on Skaro anyone?
asto47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 23:09
Abomination
Forum Member

Christmas on Skaro anyone?
I actually want a Dalek-episode this Xmas. That way, the daleks have made a Series 6 appearance, obliging the once-a-series-appearance they have to make. (It would also get quite good viewing figures I would imagine, and the new rainbow daleks could make it most festive ) *WE WILL EXTERMINATE SANTA!!!!!!!!!!*

Then, the daleks do not need to appear until the Series 7 finale, in which they make an explosive return.
Abomination is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 09:33
dalekaddison
Forum Member

For the first time, I am ignoring the Press Statements and pretending that The Adventure Games are not canon (they are if I am not mistaken???). They are just silly albeit rather addictive games- well the first was anyway. If that was really the daleks return following ViOTD, I am quite disappointed. The story certainly wasn't an attracting factor of City of the Daleks for me.
Are you suggesting the next ones out? and i missed it?
dalekaddison is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 09:44
Bananasaregood!
Forum Member

Are you suggesting the next ones out? and i missed it?
No. I think we are in some way hoping that the next one will be different in style.
Bananasaregood! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 09:47
Ja88ed
Forum Member

I thought McCoy blew it up too. Oh well. I must be out of synch with the 'canon'..
He did but anything can and probably DID happen during the Time War.

Can you even use a term like "during" to describe the Time War?
Ja88ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 16:02
TemporalParadox
Inactive Member

I read somewhere that it was stated in some other media that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed then, and some other planet was...probably isn't canon though.
TemporalParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 16:14
tingramretro
Inactive Member

I read somewhere that it was stated in some other media that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed then, and some other planet was...probably isn't canon though.
You probably read it here:

Allegedly, though later retconned out in the novels, mostly because it was shown to still exist in the TV Movie (supposedly, it was a fake Skaro that got blown up).
...and as far as I'm aware, it's never been contradicted.
Old 15-06-2010, 16:28
Ja88ed
Forum Member

Dalek propaganda. That was probably New Skaro.
Ja88ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 16:31
tingramretro
Inactive Member

Dalek propaganda. That was probably New Skaro.
Actually, the whole thing about Skaro being obliterated is a bit worrying when you consider that in Planet of the Daleks, we were told the pacifistic Thals were still living on the planet. Whatever happened to them?
Old 15-06-2010, 17:08
11's Bow Tie
Forum Member

The Thals were said to have relocated to another homeworld, sometime before the Renegade-Imperial Dalek civil war. (DWM Comic: Emperor of the Daleks) In their absence, the Doctor had Skaro destroyed. (DW: Remembrance of the Daleks)

In reality, a decoy world named Antalin had been destroyed. The Thals were known to have survived past Antalin's destruction, and fought the Daleks on Terakis. (EDA: War of the Daleks)

The real Skaro was destroyed in the Last Great Time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords. DW: Daleks in Manhattan) In Daleks in Manhattan, one of the Cult of Skaro states that its homeworld was 'destroyed in a great war', presumably the last great Time War. If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks
11's Bow Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 17:18
tingramretro
Inactive Member

The Thals were said to have relocated to another homeworld, sometime before the Renegade-Imperial Dalek civil war. (DWM Comic: Emperor of the Daleks) In their absence, the Doctor had Skaro destroyed. (DW: Remembrance of the Daleks)

In reality, a decoy world named Antalin had been destroyed. The Thals were known to have survived past Antalin's destruction, and fought the Daleks on Terakis. (EDA: War of the Daleks)

The real Skaro was destroyed in the Last Great Time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords. (DW: Daleks in Manhattan) In Daleks in Manhattan, one of the Cult of Skaro states that its homeworld was 'destroyed in a great war', presumably the last great Time War. If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks
Thanks, you've just remembered half a dozen details I'd completely forgotten. Dalek history is a nightmare to keep straight.
Old 15-06-2010, 17:45
johnnysaucepn
Forum Member

If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks
But RTD has considered the openings of the Time War being way back as far as Genesis of the Daleks, so the events of Remembrance could be included.
johnnysaucepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 19:24
Tigger-Roo

The real Skaro was destroyed in the Last Great Time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords. DW: Daleks in Manhattan) In Daleks in Manhattan, one of the Cult of Skaro states that its homeworld was 'destroyed in a great war', presumably the last great Time War. If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks
Bloomin' 'eck, I'm going to have to bookmark that because Dalek history is worse than trying to remember all the Kings and Queens of England!
Tigger-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote