Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

A constant minty/menthol sensation in back of throat

Old 24-06-2010, 00:20
beetroot
Forum Member

For over a week now I've had this strange sensation in my throat, as if I've swallowed a mint or mouthwash. I went doctor's about it the other day and he said he couldn't see any redness or infection, and I suggested could it be acid, he said it's unlikely but to try gaviscon..so far it hasn't made any difference. I just wondered if anybody else has had this?
beetroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-06-2010, 10:14
Weeping Dreams
Inactive Member

I don't know the answer but was curious so I Googled it and found it's quite a common problem. No definitive answer though. It seems the problem can be caused by anything from a loose filling to snogging Des Lynam.
Weeping Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 01:31
beetroot
Forum Member

It's quite the mystery! I mean it's not painful or anything, more irritating and such a strange feeling. I also googled it just now (I thought I'd avoid doing that in the first instance as I google symptoms all the time and I don't usually like some of the results!) and you're right, I did see some people describing exactly the same feeling, but yeah, no definitive answer. Oh well, see how it goes..thanks for looking it up anyway!
beetroot is offline   Reply With Quote