Options

Interesting article in Reveal magazine about Steve Gill

foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From his ex wife who has his first 3 children.

She states he is far from the 'family man' the show AND him have painted him to be!

She says that he has not been involved in their lifes and that two of his three children actuall hate him and refuse to watch the show!

Could be just a bitter ex wife, but very interesting nevertheless!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    From his ex wife who has his first 3 children.

She states he is far from the 'family man' the show AND him have painted him to be!

She says that he has not been involved in their lifes and that two of his three children actuall hate him and refuse to watch the show!

Could be just a bitter ex wife, but very interesting nevertheless!!

Hmm, I read something similar to this in a thread a couple of weeks ago. Makes me wonder whether he really was as quite as he was in the house (up until a few days ago)
  • Options
    azureanneazureanne Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn't surprise me at all. As you say it may be just a bitter ex wife but something about Steve from day one made me think he's not the good guy he's trying to portray + nothing he has done has changed my original opinion of him.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is being very guarded which, of course, makes him appear very dull to viewers. He seems to parrot what other people say most of the time and rarely voices an opinion of his own particularly not anything contraversial. I was expecting him to be more assertive when he first came in. His policy seems to be that of waiting around whilst others fall on their own swords. This doesn't mean that he doesn't have any strong opinions he just thinks that keeping them to himself will help him curry favour with the viewers. After all if he doesn't offend anyone then he has a good chance of making it to the end.

He's a game player. We're not seeing the real Steve (whoever that is).
  • Options
    rexfanrexfan Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    You should see him on live feed at night.

He is so vulgar with his comments about the opposite sex, his language is vulgar too.

The way he is over Rachel & Keeley turns my stomach - he is such a lecherous creep.

But this is never shown in the highlights shows.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    azureanne wrote: »
    That doesn't surprise me at all. As you say it may be just a bitter ex wife but something about Steve from day one made me think he's not the good guy he's trying to portray + nothing he has done has changed my original opinion of him.

He said something on the first day or so about how he wears his black eye to intimidate people, which made me suspicious as to his character. What sort of man takes pleasure from intimidating people? And the remark he made to Ife and Mario (which I understand wasn't shown on the HLs) about 'f*cking with Keeley's head for the sheer fun of it' just supports my earlier idea that he isn't really a very nice man at all.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was watching Lf on and off last night and he was moaning about the way he was being portrayed with some of the female housemates, think someone had a word with him?
  • Options
    NeroliNeroli Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    I think he is being very guarded which, of course, makes him appear very dull to viewers. He seems to parrot what other people say most of the time and rarely voices an opinion of his own particularly not anything contraversial. I was expecting him to be more assertive when he first came in. His policy seems to be that of waiting around whilst others fall on their own swords. This doesn't mean that he doesn't have any strong opinions he just thinks that keeping them to himself will help him curry favour with the viewers. After all if he doesn't offend anyone then he has a good chance of making it to the end.

He's a game player. We're not seeing the real Steve (whoever that is).

I get that feeling too. I think underneath he's a person that has very strong opinions on certain matters and in the outside world would voice them readily. He's definitely holding back because he knows those who are confrontationall are always the first to be booted out!
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ex-wives, eh? :D
  • Options
    Moll_FlandersMoll_Flanders Posts: 4,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said something on the first day or so about how he wears his black eye to intimidate people, which made me suspicious as to his character. What sort of man takes pleasure from intimidating people? And the remark he made to Ife and Mario (which I understand wasn't shown on the HLs) about 'f*cking with Keeley's head for the sheer fun of it' just supports my earlier idea that he isn't really a very nice man at all.

Shame HLs didn't show this.
    He seems to be very well guarded in respect for being in there for 5 weeks & all of sudden, 3 new HM's go in & now we see tid bit's on HLs. Wonder why nothing really about him has been shown previously?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was watching Lf on and off last night and he was moaning about the way he was being portrayed with some of the female housemates, think someone had a word with him?

That is the part I can't figure out yet.
    Watched on LF Keeley discussing what Rachel had stated, but I didn't hear who initially told him about how he was being seen in his actions towards Keeley. Still think DR is who told him just before Keeley tried to explain it.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was watching Lf on and off last night and he was moaning about the way he was being portrayed with some of the female housemates, think someone had a word with him?[/QUOTE]

I can't find it now but I think Racheal said something like "Hey you have a wife & children at home", when they are just flirting.

It seems he went a bit mad because he does not want to be seen as a dirty old man on tv?? I think R was only mucking about.
  • Options
    AstuteAstute Posts: 4,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame HLs didn't show this.
    He seems to be very well guarded in respect for being in there for 5 weeks & all of sudden, 3 new HM's go in & now we see tid bit's on HLs. Wonder why nothing really about him has been shown previously?

At night on LF he has been seen to have the occasional (not pleasant) outbursts , a lot of swearing (then muted) and then snoring . He was edited quite a bit on that but even when the newbies first came in and tried conversing - it was very painful to watch as monosyllabic stilted "conversations"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    He seems to be on the HL show loads, being called a 'Hero.'

I have never warmed to him, and have always felt as though under the surface, a very different Steve is being stifled.

Game player? Most definitely. All round nice guy? I suspect not. When he started to attack Ben on his views of WW2 with his opinion that Ben had no right to hold an opinion, it felt like the real Steve was creeping out.

I'm glad Steve has now started to receive some votes, as hopefully it is just a matter of time before he is up for eviction.
  • Options
    BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the part I can't figure out yet.
    Watched on LF Keeley discussing what Rachel had stated, but I didn't hear who initially told him about how he was being seen in his actions towards Keeley. Still think DR is who told him just before Keeley tried to explain it.

Dave was talking to Steve about looking like Hugh Hefner and a comment to that effect had been made jokingly. It seems Rachel told Steve (or maybe to others reported back) he needed to be more careful how it might be portrayed to the viewers (threads here suggest it was perceptive).
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BabelBrook wrote: »
    Dave was talking to Steve about looking like Hugh Hefner and a comment to that effect had been made jokingly.

By Ben, of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BabelBrook wrote: »
    Dave was talking to Steve about looking like Hugh Hefner and a comment to that effect had been made jokingly. It seems Rachel told Steve (or maybe to others reported back) he needed to be more careful how it might be portrayed to the viewers (threads here suggest it was perceptive).

Yes I knew all of that but when Steve was talking to Dave in kitchen, he was really angry over what he had been informed. Which we know it was about Keeley, but I still don't know who initially warned him to send him into a mad rant like he had. I just don't think it was merely Dave passing judgement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone post a scan? I keep trying to read it on the website but AVG keeps blocking it:confused:
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way he`s been call Baron Greenback really suits him.....slimy toad!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    i really feel for the guy concerning his injuries but i do he uses the fact hes disabled last night when baroness yh right got upset by his story he said i,m not a hero if it were me i,d reply ok ur not he loves the attention, hes a watcher hes sitting back and letting the rest of the house argue and bitch and inside hes smirking :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    hooter wrote: »
    I like the way he`s been call Baron Greenback really suits him.....slimy toad!

I love that!!!! It is so apt!
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    azureanne wrote: »

Agree with both of you.

Not impressed with the guy at all. He seems to have flown under the radar thus far - or had the hero worship. Was Ben the first one to nominate him?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Luddym wrote: »
    He seems to be on the HL show loads, being called a 'Hero.'

I have never warmed to him, and have always felt as though under the surface, a very different Steve is being stifled.

Game player? Most definitely. All round nice guy? I suspect not. When he started to attack Ben on his views of WW2 with his opinion that Ben had no right to hold an opinion, it felt like the real Steve was creeping out.

I'm glad Steve has now started to receive some votes, as hopefully it is just a matter of time before he is up for eviction.

Totally agree with you.

I have an awful feeling BB want him to win and as such will of course ensure he does win in the usual way by manipulating HMs and how they are portrayed on the highlights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What worries me most about that article is how his ex-wife publicly says that two of his children hate him. That speaks volumes about the character of that woman - yes, divorce is horrible, yes children get caught up in it... but to put in print that children hate their father is just cruel and self-serving.

I find it hard to believe that Steve's ex-wife has kept her view of her ex-husband hidden from their children, and if she thinks she's done them a favour by
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [guess who pressed the wrong button...]

by ridiculing Steve - she hasn't. Whatever you think of your ex-husband, he gave 50% of your children's DNA - just think what message that sends out to them as to their worth.

Enjoy your magazine fee.
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    [guess who pressed the wrong button...]

by ridiculing Steve - she hasn't. Whatever you think of your ex-husband, he gave 50% of your children's DNA - just think what message that sends out to them as to their worth.

Enjoy your magazine fee.

So DNA is everything?

What about upbringing, input, morals, love and care and all the hard work that goes into bringing a child up - it's not just about percentage in sperm count.