Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

World of Warcraft

Old 19-07-2010, 22:40
GwrxVurfer

Resubscribed to Warcraft recently.

Just wondering what servers are full of decent world pvp, or whether it's pretty much dead now?
GwrxVurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-07-2010, 10:31
el_scott0r
Inactive Member

i've never seen much world PVP tbh other than the old tarren mill / southshore kickabout and i've been playing since 2006ish

ganking does not equal world pvp :P
el_scott0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 14:38
Aspartame
Forum Member

World pvp has nearly died out. It's all Wintergrasp and battlegrounds now.
Aspartame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 15:19
el_scott0r
Inactive Member

i miss the early wow days, back when i actually read quest logs, scraping together the copper to buy a new sword at the AH, finding a silver bar in a chest and being like "omfg, its worth five gold", panicking when going through redridge cos it was the first contested area you went though

ahh, those were the days!
el_scott0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 15:37
Traphik
Forum Member

World pvp has nearly died out. It's all Wintergrasp and battlegrounds now.
Pretty much that and Arenas.
Traphik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 15:41
GwrxVurfer

I was thinking of switching servers, which ones are you guys on?
GwrxVurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:31
Callummm
Forum Member

I've been on many servers, i recently joined Argent Dawn, i'm not an RP fan but i checked WoW Census and it's about 12k players per faction so i thought those numbers were excellent, i wasn't disapointed, i love the server, the best i've been on.
Callummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 10:45
Mooby~
Forum Member

As stated, world pvp is dead. Although it was dead before the dungeon finder it's even more dead now as everyone just idles in Dalaran or skips questing in favour of dungeons.

I'd suggest trying a RP-PvP server like Defias Brotherhood. It's got a decent population, reasonably balanced faction ratio and lots of organised pvp.
Mooby~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 12:48
JonDoe
Forum Member

i miss the early wow days, back when i actually read quest logs, scraping together the copper to buy a new sword at the AH, finding a silver bar in a chest and being like "omfg, its worth five gold", panicking when going through redridge cos it was the first contested area you went though

ahh, those were the days!
I am currently enjoying those days, I've just downloaded the trial version......The downside of those days is you don't have a clue what you're doing.

I'm currently trying to hide inside a cupboard and have no idea what key to press to do so.

Can any WoW veterans help me out please?
JonDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 16:12
ToomaMcC
Forum Member

Theres 3000 on my server, it's a pretty dead place. May move when I start playing a bit more. Not really been on in a few weeks.

I'm currently trying to hide inside a cupboard and have no idea what key to press to do so.

I don't believe you can hide in a cupboard!
ToomaMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 17:49
Gazinuk
Forum Member

LOL i aint played in 2 years an i was thinkin this was a new feature
Gazinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 17:54
JonDoe
Forum Member

LOL i aint played in 2 years an i was thinkin this was a new feature
I sussed it out after staring at it and pacing around it for a couple of hours. Basically, right click then right click again.

Still no clue what I'm doing but it's fun trying.

I'm a zombie lady. I'd start again with a male character but I'm getting the hang of this one so I might as well stick with her.
Old 31-12-2010, 05:00
paulbrock
Forum Member

I'm guessing that it's for a particular quest, as you normally can't!

To interact with an object, normally you right-click - the pointer changes to a cog, or something item-specific when you mouse over it.
paulbrock is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 05:02
paulbrock
Forum Member

I am currently enjoying those days, I've just downloaded the trial version......The downside of those days is you don't have a clue what you're doing.
Unfortunately,even with the nice new tutorial functions, it's still impossible to master without a bit of guidance.

My favourite site is wow.joystiq.com - Wow Insider. several new articles every day, and covers stuff for veterans and newbies.

try the stuff on here to help you find your feet:
http://wow.joystiq.com/rookie/
Old 31-12-2010, 21:27
Gazinuk
Forum Member

Thottbot used to be the Grail for quest items an loot and areas or allakhazam but that site wa a bit clunky
Gazinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 23:16
Azagoth
Inactive Member

Guess I'll have to buy Cataclysm and re-sub sometime next month.
Azagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17
paulbrock
Forum Member

Thottbot used to be the Grail for quest items an loot and areas or allakhazam but that site wa a bit clunky
thotbot was always full of 12 yr olds and their silly comments.

wowhead.com is excellent.
Old 01-01-2011, 16:44
ToomaMcC
Forum Member

I sussed it out after staring at it and pacing around it for a couple of hours. Basically, right click then right click again.

Still no clue what I'm doing but it's fun trying.

I'm a zombie lady. I'd start again with a male character but I'm getting the hang of this one so I might as well stick with her.
Undead? My first was an undead mage. Once you hit level 20+ you'll be flying! But it does take a while to get used to everything, I'm still confused about certain things.
ToomaMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 17:22
JonDoe
Forum Member

Undead? My first was an undead mage. Once you hit level 20+ you'll be flying! But it does take a while to get used to everything, I'm still confused about certain things.
I believe we're called 'The Forsaken' these days.......I'm a warlock.

I'm level 27 now and I still don't really know what I'm doing.

I managed to win my first and only duel but I had a go at a battle (by accident I might add) and was basically running around like a headless chicken until I died so I don't think I'll be trying that again.

There seem to be hundreds, maybe thousands of things I don't understand but so far I'm managing with the quests.......They have suddenly got much much harder.
Old 02-01-2011, 17:25
JonDoe
Forum Member

My favourite site is wow.joystiq.com - Wow Insider. several new articles every day, and covers stuff for veterans and newbies.

try the stuff on here to help you find your feet:
http://wow.joystiq.com/rookie/
Great stuff, thanks. I'll have a good look at that later.

The next thing I want to figure out is why "I can't use that yet" despite being a high enough level. I've got some fancy chainmail gear I've been carrying around for ages.

I did manage to get myself a nice new haircut at Undercity though.....I've got a pretty good look going. Necrophiliacs could do a lot worse than me.
Old 02-01-2011, 17:31
paulbrock
Forum Member

Great stuff, thanks. I'll have a good look at that later.

The next thing I want to figure out is why "I can't use that yet" despite being a high enough level. I've got some fancy chainmail gear I've been carrying around for ages.
Different classes can use different types of armour; e.g. priests can only use cloth armour.

At level 40, some classes gain the ability to use other types - warriors and paladins can now use plate armour, and hunters and shaman can now use chainmail.

If you've got say a lvl 20 piece of chainmail, by the time you can use it you'll probably already have better gear on though!
Old 02-01-2011, 17:33
Booty luv
Forum Member

Got cataclysm yesterday and started playing after months away, the only problem is I can’t get back into my toon's so I think I might delete and start a fresh.
Booty luv is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 17:36
paulbrock
Forum Member

I managed to win my first and only duel but I had a go at a battle (by accident I might add) and was basically running around like a headless chicken until I died so I don't think I'll be trying that again.
PVP (player versus player) is a whole different ball game. Needs different tactics, different spells. For a warlock (and other ranged classes), the key is to keep them at range so most classes can't hit you - Fear is good to keep using and make sure you have all your DoTs(Damage over time - the spells that slowly add more damage - Bane of Agony, Corruption, Immolate) up.

A lot of players levelling up are using gear passed down from their high level players so it ends up being an unfair fight regardless. Battlefields can be good fun though.
Old 02-01-2011, 17:55
JonDoe
Forum Member

PVP (player versus player) is a whole different ball game. Needs different tactics, different spells. For a warlock (and other ranged classes), the key is to keep them at range so most classes can't hit you - Fear is good to keep using and make sure you have all your DoTs(Damage over time - the spells that slowly add more damage - Bane of Agony, Corruption, Immolate) up.
That's great to hear, it sounds like I'm not going far wrong with the spells I'm using. I've got them lined up on my keyboard, Bane of Doom first, then Curse of Weakness, then Immolate, then Conflagrate, then I activate Soul Burn and Drain Life until one of us dies.

I use fear if there's more than one attacking me.

The problem I'm having now is that the quests are mostly recommending for more than one player. There's a massive Yeti creature that I can't come close to killing.
Old 02-01-2011, 18:02
JonDoe
Forum Member

If you've got say a lvl 20 piece of chainmail, by the time you can use it you'll probably already have better gear on though!
Excellent, I'll ditch it tonight.

Are the professions worth bothering with? I learned tailoring (thinking I could make some smart threads or alter my own) but I've so far found no use for it.