Options

Abbey Road webcam

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
Forum Member
Take a look at Abbey Road webcam - there are some crazy people on their risking limbs (and possibly life) having pics taken.
There is talk of removing the crossing as they have had 22 reported incidents since 2000.
Was there last week and I feel for the drivers in that area :D
http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/

Comments

• Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus, just to add insult to injury, the law states that if anyone's waiting to cross then you have to slow-down and if they step onto the crossing then you have to stop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it for about 30 sec and a guy had to run for his life as a red double decker bus went straight through the crossing at speed sounding it's horn. The guy wasn't even posing for a picture and didn't step out suddenly; he walked slowly across the crossing and was 3/4 of the way across when the bus came through.

I don't trust crossings myself I prefer to cross a safe distance away using the old fashioned technique of waiting for a good time to cross.

This web cam actually makes me nervous I think I'm either going to see an accident or somebody getting mugged. I'll keep watching for a while!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    There's people waiting but none of the cars are stopping. Nice.

I wonder how many people have imitated the Beatles on that crossing. I imagine it'll be in the millions!
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen a lot of bother at that crossing, I've delivered to the Studio's a number of times over the years and seen so many near misses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, Just watching it now with people trying to do it. Nobody stopping.
    Guess it must be really irritating if you live nearby and use the road allot or you have to genuinely use that crossing allot, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some woman just braved it and stepped out. The cars stopped.

I have a crossing near me and almost all the time cars will stop if people are waiting to cross. I guess people get fed up of this particular crossing, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That group managed it just a moment ago. I took a screenshot, lol. Here.
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rocky steps in Philadelphia gets the same treatment
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it on 20 secs and I've already seen one idiot nearly kill themselves taking pictures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    c0lefax wrote: »
    That group managed it just a moment ago. I took a screenshot, lol. Here.

You've, unknowing to them, immortalised their attempt. No one else was there to take a photo.

I've jsut sat watching for a few minutes at what I thought was a woman standing wait to cross. There was no traffic so I was confused. On closer inspection it's actually the pixellation of the lamp :o
  • Options
    CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    I saw the police pull up next to another car at the crossing...stopped for a minute and then they both turned left. Wonder what that was about? Strangely compelling viewing!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've, unknowing to them, immortalised their attempt. No one else was there to take a photo.

I've jsut sat watching for a few minutes at what I thought was a woman standing wait to cross. There was no traffic so I was confused. On closer inspection it's actually the pixellation of the lamp :o

i thought that too, i was thinking "why arent you crossing you daft mare" :o
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Awful lot of black cabs going up and down.
  • Options
    skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the person stood a few yards behind them in the middle of the road? Admittedly, he/she is partially obscured by the rightmost zebra-crosser, but it looks pretty clear to me that they're there to take the photo. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Cool. Right.. next time I'm in London i'm gonna go to that space look for the webcam take a photograph of it and walk across the road wearing a bright pink flourescent coat..:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skiller wrote: »
    What about the person stood a few yards behind them in the middle of the road? Admittedly, he/she is partially obscured by the rightmost zebra-crosser, but it looks pretty clear to me that they're there to take the photo. :)

Oooh, I see them, yeah.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I find the New York City webcam fascinating..

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=lennon_hd
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Some woman has just sat down to have her pic taken. http://i31.tinypic.com/2yp15rd.jpg
  • Options
    hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better not tell my Dad about that web-cam other wise the next time I am in London he will expect me to go down so he can see me on it :)

Just seen what looked like a near crash when a car turned the corner fast and seemed to get across just another car passed, although it may just appeared closer than it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the bottom right, is the banister on the stairs a shadow, a real banister or painted onto the wall? :o
  • Options
    hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that not a gate and shadow?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That actually makes a lot more sense :o It looks painted, though (hey, come on! I've had ONE can of Carling tonight!!! :p)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its great to see a webcam which his live rather than a refreshed image