Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What do we think of Emmerdales Amy?

Old 13-10-2010, 20:16
superstar111
Forum Member

I really like her, I hope she's longterm as I could see her developing into a favourite of mine. The actress has alot of potential aswell.
superstar111 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-10-2010, 20:17
Lou Kelly
Forum Member

Good actress
Lou Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 20:28
::Adam::
Forum Member

Good actress.

But we don't need another young person in the village.
::Adam:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 20:36
curlypubes
Forum Member

Good actress.

But we don't need another young person in the village.
I kind of agree, except I just think we don't need a new person at all. I know they have to replace all the characters going - The Wyldes, Shadrach, etc, but they have a huge cast as it is, and there have been so many newcomers it just the past month, it's hard to keep track. They should have never brought in Alicia

But I do like this Amy girl, and I'm glad Victoria finally has something to do, so I'm impressed so far
curlypubes is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 21:38
thebill22
Forum Member

I kind of agree, except I just think we don't need a new person at all. I know they have to replace all the characters going - The Wyldes, Shadrach, etc, but they have a huge cast as it is, and there have been so many newcomers it just the past month, it's hard to keep track. They should have never brought in Alicia

But I do like this Amy girl, and I'm glad Victoria finally has something to do, so I'm impressed so far
They've hardly brought in many new characters, theres only Alicia, Amy and abi. Isaac as well but hes only temporary.
thebill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 21:42
curlypubes
Forum Member

They've hardly brought in many new characters, theres only Alicia, Amy and abi. Isaac as well but hes only temporary.
Hazel is still new, and you could consider Jackson new too, and his dad, and they're bringing in a new Home Farm family now (although they're needed) and then Alicia, Amy & Abi. I do like all the new additions, I have to say (except Alicia ), but Emmerdale's cast is quite large already.
curlypubes is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 21:45
::Adam::
Forum Member

Hazel is still new, and you could consider Jackson new too, and his dad, and they're bringing in a new Home Farm family now (although they're needed) and then Alicia, Amy & Abi. I do like all the new additions, I have to say (except Alicia ), but Emmerdale's cast is quite large already.
I agree - i don't see why they can't just use the cast they have now - i understand them bringing Jackson's dad in for the story, and i'm glad they have.

The home farm family - well i'm glad they've got someone knew(hopefully they'll stay longer than 2 years) but they could of added Faye and Ryan there - speaking of Ryan, there's no need to Abi, it's pointless IMO, same with Alicia and Amy.

I'd rather them focus on using the current cast more if i'm honest.
::Adam:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 21:45
BillyNidNod
Forum Member

She is good and livens the place up . I love the Geordie accent .
BillyNidNod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 22:09
jeppa
Forum Member

She`s Jill Halfpenny`s (ex EE and Coronation Street) sister isn`t she. She certainly has the same look.
jeppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 22:29
thebill22
Forum Member

I agree - i don't see why they can't just use the cast they have now - i understand them bringing Jackson's dad in for the story, and i'm glad they have.

The home farm family - well i'm glad they've got someone knew(hopefully they'll stay longer than 2 years) but they could of added Faye and Ryan there - speaking of Ryan, there's no need to Abi, it's pointless IMO, same with Alicia and Amy.

I'd rather them focus on using the current cast more if i'm honest.
Well Alicia isn't pointless as its giving Leyla a storyline who has'nt really had a storyline yet, Abi is a love interest for Ryan and i think is going to be involved in getting Ryan out and home farm family is needed.
thebill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 11:45
katkins72
Forum Member

She`s Jill Halfpenny`s (ex EE and Coronation Street) sister isn`t she. She certainly has the same look.
It said in the credits that her surname is Halfpenny (can't remember her first name) and she definitely looks like her so I assume she's her sister.
katkins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 11:55
memmh
Forum Member

Chelsea Halfpenny is Jill Halfpenny's niece, not her sister.

I like her. She's a better actress than either Sophie Powles (Holly) or Grace Cassidy (Hannah). Holly's body language and facial expressions are good but her voice is a problem - there's rarely any emotion or expression to it. Perhaps that's her normal way of speaking but she needs to do something about it because an actor who only speaks in a monotone doesn't engage the viewers and, unfortunately, Hannah's voice isn't much more expressive. (Apart from the voices they're good actresses, though, and perhaps some elocution lessons or something could help them deliver their lines more expressively.) Chelsea Halfpenny delivers her lines well (as does Kirsty Leigh-Porter, who plays Roz) and she and Victoria already have a good chemistry going.
memmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 12:27
DS2006
Forum Member

She is good and livens the place up . I love the Geordie accent .
Is she linked to Val in some way do we know? Other than staying in the B&B/Restaurant whatever it is these days.
DS2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 12:31
dubgaz
Forum Member

I like the actress as well. Is it true the character is only meant to be 15? I wonder if Val and Pollard will foster her?
dubgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 12:39
Charenton
Forum Member

................. and I'm glad Victoria finally has something to do, so I'm impressed so far
Even if it is just to beat a carpet hanging over the line. Does anybody do that these days?
Charenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 12:44
broccoli_rock
Forum Member

I love the character of Victoria, and the two make a very interesting partnership! Hopefully this means Victoria will get more airtime
broccoli_rock is offline   Reply With Quote