Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

I know I start a lot of threads about the vapidity of DigitalSpy news... (Part 2)

Old 29-11-2014, 14:50
Eurostar
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ONH3f5Wsk

This was on the famous 'Late Late Toy Show' on RTE1 last night when Ed surprised young Aimee.....definitely one of the best TV moments of the year and he seems a really cool guy
Eurostar is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-11-2014, 15:07
whatever54
Forum Member

Aw that was lovely, brought a tear to my eye. I think Ed seems like one of the nicest and most unaffected people in the biz, just seems so kind and nice.
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 15:12
Eurostar
Forum Member

Aw that was lovely, brought a tear to my eye. I think Ed seems like one of the nicest and most unaffected people in the biz, just seems so kind and nice.
Indeed, it seems fame has had no effect on him and he's a really nice and genuine person. That young girl Aimee is great too, she's so polite and mannerly and she seems absolutely chuffed to meet him.
Old 29-11-2014, 17:59
paperplanes_
Forum Member

I love Ed Sheeran. I think he's great. More like how celebrities should be.
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 20:53
Hayden
Forum Member

I hate his wet and flaccid music but he seems a hell of a nice guy.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 22:05
IJoinedInMay
Forum Member

It's nice that he can help some kids whilst promoting his tour.
IJoinedInMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 22:15
Eurostar
Forum Member

Yes, but look at how he tried to make young Aimee the centre of attention. I can imagine plenty of pop stars doing the same type of gesture but still cynically milking it for all it's worth while paying lip service to doing a nice thing for a young fan. You could see he was determined to make it all about her and not him, especially at the end when he had her finish out the song.
Old 29-11-2014, 22:30
Squealer_Mahony
Forum Member

He just seems like a decent soul.
Squealer_Mahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 22:40
IJoinedInMay
Forum Member

Yes, but look at how he tried to make young Aimee the centre of attention. I can imagine plenty of pop stars doing the same type of gesture but still cynically milking it for all it's worth while paying lip service to doing a nice thing for a young fan. You could see he was determined to make it all about her and not him, especially at the end when he had her finish out the song.
I'm not sure what else a celeb can get out of this other than promoting their latest tour or album, and getting a few non-fans to think you're a nice guy so I don't accept the "milking it for all it's worth" comment.

I'm not criticising Ed for what he did nor do I feel he deserves special praise for a textbook PR stunt.
IJoinedInMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 22:48
Wuthering

Oh dear, there is always one who has to come into a thread like this and spoil it.

I think Ed Sheeran is great. Incredibly talented and he seems so humble and sweet too. More people could do with taking a leaf from his book.
Wuthering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 22:49
Wuthering

I'm not sure what else a celeb can get out of this other than promoting their latest tour or album, and getting a few non-fans to think you're a nice guy so I don't accept the "milking it for all it's worth" comment.

I'm not criticising Ed for what he did nor do I feel he deserves special praise for a textbook PR stunt.
Maybe he is just a nice person doing something selflessly? It does happen.
Old 29-11-2014, 23:22
Eurostar
Forum Member

I think the reason this clip has been so well received is because he comes across as so genuine in his interaction with Aimee (and she is fantastic too, so sweet and polite). People can often see through BS and spot a fraud or phoney, but this appears like a genuinely touching moment between Ed and his young fan.
Old 29-11-2014, 23:26
Wuthering

To be fair to IJoinedInMay for a moment, I do understand where their cynicism comes from. In a world where we have zelebs like Peter Andre who will do anything to prove their God-like grace, I understand the kneejerk reaction.

It's important to remember though that some celebs - especially those with actual talent and a proper career who don't need the constant attention and exposure someone like Peter Andre does - really will be nice, genuine people who do things from the heart. They are rare, but real, and deserve more appreciation.
Old 29-11-2014, 23:29
Whedonite
Forum Member

This is why I don't do anything nice. People always assume there is a hidden motive. I just act like a dick all the time, to avoid cynicism. That's my new excuse
Whedonite is offline   Reply With Quote