Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Old 27-07-2011, 16:40
Human123
Forum Member

I expect this has been covered but is there any chance of a fourth film by the same director or will it be rebooted again?

I would love to see the riddler in there at one point but doesnt look likely if this is the final one.
Human123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-07-2011, 17:27
Yuffie
Forum Member

I expect this has been covered but is there any chance of a fourth film by the same director or will it be rebooted again?

I would love to see the riddler in there at one point but doesnt look likely if this is the final one.
As things are now, Nolan and Bale are finishing up after this film. Thats not to say they won't change their minds but as of now, NO.

There is to be a reboot after TDKR. When I say reboot, it may well continue or go in another direction, but it won't be the same cast or story arc !

I would also liked to have seen what Nolan could have done with the Ridler, but he can't do them all !
Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 18:39
killthedirector
Forum Member

Pretty much a week after they announced rises someone from Warner Brothers said that they are already looking at the rebooting batman.
killthedirector is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 21:40
Deserana 12
Forum Member

Basically they are rebooting Batman after The Dark Knight Rises and are doing a big Justice League film (DC's version of Marvel's Avengers) so expect a shiteload more of Superhero films on top of what there is at the moment.
Deserana 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 22:22
drakephil
Forum Member

Saw the trailer. Looks good! Wish they had more though.
drakephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 22:40
Yuffie
Forum Member

Saw the trailer. Looks good! Wish they had more though.
Did you think it was sort of a 'tease' ??
Old 28-07-2011, 10:33
Paddy C
Forum Member

If they kept the tone of these new films but with a different actor playing Batman and as good a director as Nolan in charge, there's no reason why the series couldn't continue as is and let us see different, more serious and reality based interpretations of some of the biggest villains from the Batman universe. The Riddler would be great as said before.
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 11:00
Helbore
Forum Member

If they kept the tone of these new films but with a different actor playing Batman and as good a director as Nolan in charge, there's no reason why the series couldn't continue as is and let us see different, more serious and reality based interpretations of some of the biggest villains from the Batman universe. The Riddler would be great as said before.
Unless Nolan decides to kill Bruce Wayne off in TDKR, just to make sure no-one else can play with his baby.
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 12:59
Yuffie
Forum Member

Unless Nolan decides to kill Bruce Wayne off in TDKR, just to make sure no-one else can play with his baby.
See, my theory is that Bane will break his back, like in the comics, and then they will continue the series with Batman of the Future ....

Thats my prediction anyway !
Old 28-07-2011, 17:46
Helbore
Forum Member

See, my theory is that Bane will break his back, like in the comics, and then they will continue the series with Batman of the Future ....

Thats my prediction anyway !
Yes, I could definitely see that happening. I didn't want to mention the back thing, though, as it could be taken as a potential spolier if Nolan decides to follow the comics.
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 19:43
Yuffie
Forum Member

Yes, I could definitely see that happening. I didn't want to mention the back thing, though, as it could be taken as a potential spolier if Nolan decides to follow the comics.
OOPS ..... well I can assure everyone here that I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet ...... so there's a possibility, just a slight possibility, that I could be full of crap ...
Old 28-07-2011, 20:55
JaiJai
Forum Member

My own wild theory is that Bruce Wayne dies and that Joseph Gordon Levitt takes over as Batman at the end.
JaiJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 21:21
performingmonk
Forum Member

My own wild theory is that Bruce Wayne dies and that Joseph Gordon Levitt takes over as Batman at the end.
I don't think he'll die. Like others have said, there's more chance he'll be seriously injured and can't continue as Batman. In the comics Bane breaks Batman's back.

I think it would be great if JGL played a character that carried on Batman's work...but as Robin!!
performingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 00:36
killthedirector
Forum Member

new full and clear bane pics http://batman-news.com/2011/07/30/th...hardy-as-bane/
Old 31-07-2011, 00:58
kyri

Hmmm, I like Tom Hardy but I'm not excited about Bane as the new big villain TBH (also can't get the hideous Batman and Robin one out of my brain); I think it's because The Joker and Two-Face will be hard to top and are more memorable; but who knows, I may be surprised.
kyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 10:07
jediknight2k1
Forum Member

I doubt they'll kill off Bruce Wayne but if it follows the Knightfall story line then people who read knows what happens

There is no mention of Jean-Paul Valley so far who became Batman for a short while until Nightwing/Dick Grayson took over.

In September DC Comics are rebooting their entire universe with all new stories and everything is beginning with No 1 issues again so future movies will always be possible
jediknight2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 11:14
killthedirector
Forum Member

Hmmm, I like Tom Hardy but I'm not excited about Bane as the new big villain TBH (also can't get the hideous Batman and Robin one out of my brain); I think it's because The Joker and Two-Face will be hard to top and are more memorable; but who knows, I may be surprised.
I'm not keen on Bane either. I'd have rather have a villain who hasn't been seen in any of the Batman movies yet, like Hugo Strange or Hush.

However I trust that Nolan knows what he's doing
Old 31-07-2011, 13:31
jediknight2k1
Forum Member

I'm not keen on Bane either. I'd have rather have a villain who hasn't been seen in any of the Batman movies yet, like Hugo Strange or Hush.

However I trust that Nolan knows what he's doing
Bane makes sense as he is able to match Batman both mentally and physically, I don't think he has been in live action movie yet as a nemesis .

The Joker could match Batman mentally even if he is psychotic but never had the physical prowess to take Bats on in a fight so with Bane he will face most challenging opponent to date.

Nolan has delivered so far and I'm sure he'll do so again
Old 31-07-2011, 16:11
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Bane makes sense as he is able to match Batman both mentally and physically, I don't think he has been in live action movie yet as a nemesis .
Was in Batman and Robin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEOMGcYmEc
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 16:28
jediknight2k1
Forum Member

Yep but it wasn't anywhere close to the comic character .

Nolan will do do things right.
Old 31-07-2011, 20:07
seellee
Forum Member

Here's a picture from the metro of Tom Hardy shooting a scene as Bane, presumably taken by a local resident. If you want to avoid spoilers then don't read the story as it gives a couple of small things away.

http://www.metro.co.uk/film/870928-t...scenes-as-bane
seellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 20:22
killthedirector
Forum Member

pics of batman fighting bane on set http://batman-news.com/2011/07/31/se...-knight-rises/
Old 31-07-2011, 23:15
ritch
Forum Member

Any doubts that Nolan will mess this up are a bit silly to be honest. When was his last bad film? This film is going to be immense.
ritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:57
whedon247
Forum Member

anyone else prefer the gotham sets in begins to the real city used in dark knight? just seemed darker and more batman esque with the orangy skies and rain,lots of rain.
whedon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:19
Deserana 12
Forum Member

anyone else prefer the gotham sets in begins to the real city used in dark knight? just seemed darker and more batman esque with the orangy skies and rain,lots of rain.
Completely agree as much as I love BB and TDK to me they really don't look the same, the city looks SO different from the dark and somewhat claustraphobic feel in BB to a much much much more standard American City-like look in TDK.
Deserana 12 is offline   Reply With Quote