Options

Abandoned TV sets / locations

Comments

• Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone got any pics of the big brother houses around the world.?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably been asked before but what happened to the family affairs set?
  • Options
    000Mark000000Mark000 Posts: 422
    Forum Member

Yeah it probably has. And been answered as well.

You could search the forums to find the responses, or just try Googleing "family affairs set" or "stanley street".

In any case, it isn't relevant to this thread as it is far from abandoned and appears on TV on a range of programmes, commercials, music videos and trailers on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty certain it has been used by the production team who make 'Some Girls' so was still up last year
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 15,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As has been alluded to, the street set still remains and is part of The Wimbledon Studios (which is also where The Bill was recorded). Its been used in so many adverts and music videos in the last couple of years I’ve lost count.

Here are a few pics:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=The+Wimbledon+Studios+street+set&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=B3kUU9LTM8qThQfy-YCgCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1130&bih=399

I’ve been there, its kind of weird, one minute you walking around in the middle of a big industrial estate and then you see Sun Hill Police Station!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pablo79 wrote: »

Was it a hotel to begin with, that was then used to record the programme in? Or was it built for the programme and has since become a real hotel?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Was it a hotel to begin with, that was then used to record the programme in? Or was it built for the programme and has since become a real hotel?

it's always been a hotel.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a special programme devoted to the old Coronation Street set on ITV at 9pm on Thursday 6 March 2014.

For those who used to attend the parties based on the outside set, this will be a real trip down memory lane :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a special programme devoted to the old Coronation Street set on ITV at 9pm on Thursday 6 March 2014.

For those who used to attend the parties based on the outside set, this will be a real trip down memory lane :D

Missed this show, before I look, is it on iplayer?
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the first about 4 minutes was him on a bike, granted I watched it on silent.

I find this with most YouTube videos especially how to tutorials. I've not tuned in to hear 5 minutues of you waffling on about yourself or watching your fancy intro that you made on Adobe Premiere. Just cut to the point and tell me what it is I actually want to know.

Interesting video though but annoying because he wont reveal where it is.
  • Options
    000Mark000000Mark000 Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    I find this with most YouTube videos especially how to tutorials. I've not tuned in to hear 5 minutues of you waffling on about yourself or watching your fancy intro that you made on Adobe Premiere. Just cut to the point and tell me what it is I actually want to know.

Interesting video though but annoying because he wont reveal where it is.

It's 0.22 miles north-northeast of Teletubbie Land
    and
    0.45 miles east-northeast of The Night Garden.

Happy to help!
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm staying in Towyn, North Wales this weekend and we went to a big market nearby on a racecourse.

There seems to be a S4C related studio there.

What's all that about then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    I'm staying in Towyn, North Wales this weekend and we went to a big market nearby on a racecourse.

You staying at Towyn or Tywyn? Towyn is in my neck of the woods and I've never heard of an S4C studio being there.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not abandoned.......very much inhabited actually. These houses were used in The Beatles "Help" movie.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2euioes.jpg

here is a clip from the movie;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_7xjpySK0
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    You staying at Towyn or Tywyn? Towyn is in my neck of the woods and I've never heard of an S4C studio being there.

There used to be one in Caernarfon
  • Options
    RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Isn't the tower block where Only Fools and Horses was filmed due to be demolished this year?
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Former location of Crossroads when it relaunched in 2001:

http://binged.it/1oACI07

Now part of the University of Nottingham
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    iGeek2014 wrote: »
    Former location of Crossroads when it relaunched in 2001:

http://binged.it/1oACI07

Now part of the University of Nottingham

That was also the Central East studios
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Total Wipeout set in Argentina has now been totally removed and the parkland restored. You can just see vague outlines of the various pools now in Google Earth. If you use the 'Historical Imagery' button you can see it was removed between June and December 2013.

Latitude -34.41094 Longitude -58.70523
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    The Total Wipeout set in Argentina has now been totally removed and the parkland restored. You can just see vague outlines of the various pools now in Google Earth. If you use the 'Historical Imagery' button you can see it was removed between June and December 2013.

Latitude -34.41094 Longitude -58.70523

According to the every reliable (!) Wikipedia, there were 2 Wipeout obstacle courses in Argentina. I assume 1 is still in use as there are still a number of international version of the programme still in production. As far as I know only the US version has its own dedicated obstacle course (in California).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Just skimmed this thread and throught I'd chip in on the Teletubbies convo, as I worked on it. The reason set set was filled in / flooded after filming ended is that that was the agreement with the landowner before filming started, that we would return the land to 'green' once we finished. In the next field though, there is a small copse where the 1/3 sized Tots TV cottage still remains, as far as I know...

Hi there FaithInEliza do you have any pictures of the teletubbies set during filming?
    thanks
  • Options
    Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

http://www.newsnorthwales.co.uk/news/129287/s4c-series-filmed-in-towyn-comes-to-an-end.aspx
  • Options
    thisiscainythisiscainy Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Also not really "abandoned" per se but a filming location with no clue as to what was once filmed there is Whittaker Lane in Prestwich: https://goo.gl/maps/EgKtf

None other than the location of the legendary Sooty and Co shop :)

IgT9lBa.png
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rush wrote: »
    Isn't the tower block where Only Fools and Horses was filmed due to be demolished this year?

Yep, it was near Bristol City football ground and shown on The Football League Show.