DS Forums

Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Old 11-04-2015, 11:09
cwaite
Forum Member

Been having a little scan on the FM band this morning here in South Tenerife I have noticed that Horizon FM has been replaced with Energy FM on 102.5, does anyone know where Horizon can be found on FM here?

Galaxy FM is on Energy FM's old frequency which was 92.1.

Just found that on the website they are on 103.6 & 104.3 but here in San Eugenio both those frequencies are just static!
cwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:18
Seagull259
Forum Member

Looking at their coverage map seems you should be trying 103.6FM

http://horizonfm.es/on-air/how-to-listen-to-horizon/
Seagull259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 15:02
Peace100
Forum Member

Been having a little scan on the FM band this morning here in South Tenerife I have noticed that Horizon FM has been replaced with Energy FM on 102.5, does anyone know where Horizon can be found on FM here?

Galaxy FM is on Energy FM's old frequency which was 92.1.

Just found that on the website they are on 103.6 & 104.3 but here in San Eugenio both those frequencies are just static!
Think Horizon was bought by some people who thought they could do better than the original owner; in fact they have ruined the station and seem to be clueless. Shame what has happened to English language radio on the island as until about a year ago things were looking good. Now there are just a load of small wannabe stations which must be very hard to run as a business as very limited audience is divided even smaller.. Ocean being yet another newish station on air.
Peace100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 18:24
cwaite
Forum Member

Nothing on 103.6 here.

Ocean seems quite amateurish they do have Ray Wild on weekday afternoons who is well known on the radio here, but listening to some guy this morning from 8am till 12pm he really sounded like he wasn't even fit for hospital radio. The local content seems very minimal on the station from what I have heard, admittedly I have only listened for a few hours in the past week,

I was here at Christmas and Ocean were playing nonstop music with a few "Happy Christmas from Ocean Radio" sweepers between tracks and it did sound quite good.

It's a shame if Horizon has been sold as it was looking very promising as a hit music station for the Island, I know that most of the programming was voice tracked from the UK but they had a good music mix which was mostly up to date compared to the other stations and they were expanding into mainland Spain as well from what I understood.

Energy FM seems very good the music is very up beat and non stop with little advertising, although the playlist is tight and it's not uncommon to hear the same tracks 5 or 6 times a day (but hey, if it works for global in the UK then hopefully it will work for Energy too!)

I assume that none of the English speaking stations in Tenerife are licensed am I correct in thinking this?
cwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:51
mmmmmmagic
Forum Member

Let's bring back Coast FM!
mmmmmmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:12
underground_88
Forum Member

Let's bring back Coast FM!
Never say never.......
underground_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:28
Seagull259
Forum Member

Found Ocean Radio online via their website but have not been able to find a stream for Galaxy so far. The old Galaxy stream I have is carrying continuous music for Dutch language Radio BNL Tenerife 89.8FM.
Seagull259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 19:46
mmmmmmagic
Forum Member

The thing that's missing is that Coast FM did feel like one of the family. You'd be at a do in (south) Tenerife and they were there! Horizon don't do that (hard when you're 2,000 miles away).
Old 13-04-2015, 23:48
Rodney
Forum Member

From their Facebook page ...

Due to a request on Friday 10 April by Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones Horizon FM has moved its fm frequency in Playa De Las Americas and Los Cristianos from 103.6 to 105.9 FM. Please retune to the new frequency of 105.9 to hear Tenerife's Hit Music Station Horizon FM and let us know we are loud and clear where you are either on 104.3 or 105.9 FM.
Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 06:01
underground_88
Forum Member

Due to a request on Friday 10 April by Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones Horizon FM has moved its fm frequency in Playa De Las Americas and Los Cristianos from 103.6 to 105.9 FM. Please retune to the new frequency of 105.9 to hear Tenerife's Hit Music Station Horizon FM and let us know we are loud and clear where you are either on 104.3 or 105.9 FM.
I think this is most likely due to the site owner getting a better offer for the frequency or being asked to move it for one of his other clients
underground_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 07:06
mmmmmmagic
Forum Member

I take it that Horizon FM is still from the UK?
Old 14-04-2015, 11:13
Peace100
Forum Member

What a load of old tosh, just wish these unlicenced stations wouldn't treat their listeners like idiots. Unlicenced being the phrase, they would not be asked to change frequencies. Don't know why they bother, the station sounds awful, mostly dreadful presenters and VT'd from the UK.
Peace100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 16:34
mmmmmmagic
Forum Member

There's a lack of "following" of a station in Tenerife now. Shame that the audience has had to endure such drivel now for so long. It's a pity Horizon's April Fool joke last year was only that.
Old 15-04-2015, 18:36
radiobloke2004
Forum Member

What a load of old tosh, just wish these unlicenced stations wouldn't treat their listeners like idiots. Unlicenced being the phrase, they would not be asked to change frequencies. Don't know why they bother, the station sounds awful, mostly dreadful presenters and VT'd from the UK.
However all of the English language stations are unlicenced.

At least they are doing as requested. I've heard of stations ignoring that and then getting a hard time (quite rightly so).

So, what would you do to improve it then?
radiobloke2004 is offline   Reply With Quote