Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XV (Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 71,284
Administrator
KieranDS wrote: »
Either The Undertaker sold the story well last night of he was actually hurt

This thread is a continuation of: World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dontthink the undertaker was genuinely hurt but it was some grade A selling.

Wonder what it means for both HHH and Undertaker, possible retirement?

Edit: Oh first post in the new thread :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    I dontthink the undertaker was genuinely hurt but it was some grade A selling.

Wonder what it means for both HHH and Undertaker, possible retirement?

Edit: Oh first post in the new thread :D

Undertaker will probably disappear for a few months, then return just prior to Summerslam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie2008 wrote: »
    Undertaker will probably disappear for a few months, then return just prior to Summerslam.

I was thinking that too but im not sure i think we might not see Taker til Wrestlemania next year or a couple months before it. He can fight a new guy and the question will be can Undertaker actually go anymore after the beating he took!

Every Wrestlemania he seems to get closer and closer to losing so i think next year they will play on that.

As for Triple H i dont think he has more left in him, I say a year tops til he retires.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Undertakers final match will be next years WrestleMania to make him 20-0 then he will retire and be inducted in WrestleMania XXX Hall Of Fame.

Gotta give him credit, he still puts on a good match. The way he launched himself out of the ring was good for someone who is pushing 50.

My personal favourite match of the night.
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    I was thinking that too but im not sure i think we might not see Taker til Wrestlemania next year or a couple months before it. He can fight a new guy and the question will be can Undertaker actually go anymore after the beating he took!

Every Wrestlemania he seems to get closer and closer to losing so i think next year they will play on that.

As for Triple H i dont think he has more left in him, I say a year tops til he retires.

I think they'll do HHH vs Taker again next year, with HBK as ref.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote:
    Either The Undertaker sold the story well last night of he was actually hurt

Sold it well to fill time.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    Stayed up for Wrestlemania last night, so here's my thoughts on each match...

Rock in ring promo: I like the idea of him kicking off the show but to be honest, it was by far his weakest promo since returning. Some of the chants he tried to get going were cringeworthy (When I say Wrestle, you say Mania!). Crowd seemed into it, but I would rather this time was allocated to Sheamus/Bryan (which got bumped) or lengthening a couple of the other matches.

Edge v Del Rio: I thought the Rumble winner was supposed to be in a main event match at Wrestlemania, not open the darn show! I tried ever so hard to get into this match, but there was just that 'big match' feel missing, it felt more like a good Smackdown tv main event. Cannot see the logic in having Edge retain. If they want to create new stars, they have to give them the ball and see if they can run with it. Alberto's momentum was built up superbly since his debut and since the Rumble, but they've killed it in 3 weeks with Christian's two victories and the result here. Also, what's the point of Edge smashing up his car? You've just beaten your nemesis clean at Wrestlemania, why act like a heel and trash his ride? And Del Rio almost in tears after made him look like a big wimpy girl. Heels don't cry. Especially over cars, where the gimmick is that he has a new one every week!

Mysterio v Dashing: They took a bit longer than I would liked to click, but once they did, they had a very fun match. Rey using Cody's mask made sense seeing as he used it against Rey in the build-up. Right person won, I expect them to have some sort of gimmick rematch at Extreme Rules.

Kane/Show/Santino/Kofi v The Corre: 90 seconds?! To quote The Miz...Really?! Really?!? What the blue hell was the point of this? They've made The Corre to look a real threat on Smackdown, only to crush them in 90 seconds on the biggest stage of all?? The only excuse that I will accept for this is that the show was really overrunning and they had to cut this match really short to get back on track. Right team won, but given 6-8 mins more they could've had a fun match.

Orton v Punk: I liked this match. Punk played his role to perfection, as I expected he would. This match had the best psychology last night, although I was a bit puzzled when Punk spent all match working on the knee then tried to win with the Anaconda Vice. I called the finish when Punk was on the apron, Orton nailed it perfectly and it looked impressive. Right man won and a good match.

Hall Of Fame: Same as every year. They all came out and gave a wave. Sunny is still smokin'. HBK got an awesome reaction. Next.

King v Cole: Let's be honest, it was never going to be a good match was it? I felt it was more of a prolonged in-ring segment, which was fine. Cole's offence went on a little longer than I would've liked, but hey ho. Good to see some Stunners dished out. King wins, everyone is happy. Beer bash, hooray. GM reverses the decision. That puzzled me. This was the right decision if one or both of the following things happen tonight on Raw...a) GM is finally revealed, and b) GM is Michael Cole. However if they continue with the angle of being anonymous, it was pointless.Why do a finish like that just so Cole gets to be a dick for another few weeks?

Triple H v Undertaker: HHH's entrance was uber cool! I've read so many different views on this match this morning. Some say it was amazing, some say it was stupid. And sadly I'm siding more on the stupid side. First 10 mins were pretty enjoyable, I really did like the spinebuster through the table, and the Cole Mine getting destroyed. But then proceeded a seemingly endless sequence of finisher, kickout, finisher, kickout, finisher, kickout, and so on. I liked HHH's tombstone but at no point did I think the streak was over. Better finish would've just to have HHH pass out in Hells Gate and not tap. Even though he lasted ages in it, he still tapped. Was a little worried about Taker after, but looking around the news sites today, it says there are no reported injuries from the show. I think it was just sheer exhaustion, the guy is getting on a bit now and can't pull out big matches like he used to. I'd like to see him beat Cena next year for 20-0 then retire, which will leave him free to do Hall Of Fame at either WM29 or 30. 30 seems more fitting I think.

Morrison/Trish/Snooki v Ziggler/LayCool: This did its job of giving the crowd time to recover from HHH/Taker. Dull, but nothing too offensive, which is pretty much what I expected. Snooki did a nice backflip elbow, which I was impressed with. Snooki got the pin, faces win, everyone is happy, mainly cos they know Rock is coming out soon!

Cena v Miz: The hype video for Miz was excellent. I'm gonna find it on Youtube later to watch again. Cena's entrance was just bizarre. All his other Mania entrances I find myself thinking 'Even though I don't like him, that's kinda cool', but this was just 'What the heck?'. Oh look, he has a red shirt now, hooray! I did laugh at Riley's face when ONE person cheered for him when he was announced :D. The match was...good..ish. Like Edge/Del Rio, it at times felt like a tv match. They weren't given that long, which makes me think they were running late. When the double count out came, I was genuinely puzzled and it wasn't til Rock's music hit that I thought 'Ah, they're gonna restart it'. Pleasantly surprised to see Miz retain and good to see Rock get revenge on Cena. Didn't like that Miz got whipped by Rock too, but I understand they needed a feel-good ending. Does this finish mean that Rock has agreed to do Rock/Cena?

The backstage segments were fun enough, but the Pee Wee Herman one was a bit rubbish, mainly cos I have no idea who he is.

Also, very happy to see my main man Zack Ryder get some camera time singing Friday:D Maybe they see something in him seeing as he got whacked by Piper's coconut.
  • Options
    Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    + The Miz retained
    + and had a cool video before his entrance
    + Rey Mysterio and Cody Rhodes had a good match
    + which Cody Rhodes won
    + CM Punk and Randy Orton had a good match

- Edge retained
    - Cena's entrance
    - Cena's performance in the main event (bizarre overselling)
    - Triple H's entrance
    - Undertaker vs. HHH was a complete rehash of his past two WrestleMania matches, and didn't work
    - Corre vs. Team We've-Got-Nothing-Else-For-You-To-Do was pointless
    - John Morrison was wasted
    - Dolph Ziggler was wasted
    - King vs. Cole lasted far too long
    - Lawler didn't get his WrestleMania win
    - Daniel Bryan/Sheamus got bumped
    - Daniel Bryan/Sheamus got bumped so they could feature Snoop Dogg
    - and Hornswoggle
    - and The Great Khali
    - and Gene Okerlund
    - and Pee Wee Herman
    - and Mae Young
    - 100 minutes of in-ring action on a 4-hour show.

Not a good show, all things considered.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched WM this morning & all i can say is i'm glad i never stayed up to watch it.

I was pretty p*ssed that they dropped the US Title match.Sheamus & Daniel Bryan could have put on a better show than some of the matches they decided to put on the ppv like the 8 man tag.

I was surprised they started off the ppv with the WHC match.In saying that i did enjoy the match.Although i thought Alberto Del Rio being booked to lose the match was crazy.After he won the rumble he had a feud with Kofi & then he seemed to lose most of his matches leading up to WM.So i was expecting him to get the belt last night.

I was glad to see Cody Rhodes win last night.Not that big a fan of Rey Mysterio.The 8 man tag was over before you knew it.Personally i would have had The Corre win last night & not only that but you have the tag team champs & the IC champ in that match another reason why they should have won last night.How are The Corre meant to get over with booking like this.

I enjoyed the Orton/CM Punk match.These 2 guys have great chemistry in the ring.I think the only surprise to come out of the Lawler/Cole match was the Raw GM reversing the decision at the end.Vince finally gives Lawler his first WM match only for him to lose it.I'm guessing the Lawer/Cole storyline will continue.

Thankfully Taker/HHH put on good match.When HHH had Taker in the tombstone i was actually expecting the tombstone to be reversed as that is what usually happens when someone tries to tombstone Taker.When Taker collapsed outside the ring & HHH walked over the whole thing looked as if it was legit.I could be wrong but that was the impression that i got from it.

The mixed tag team match really threw no surprises.I expected Trish & co to get the win & i thought Snooki would get the pin that won them the match.Because the WHC didn't change hands i was expecting the WWE title to change hands,so i was surprised that Cena actually lost the match.Perhaps if the Rock hadn't been involved with WM or the storyline between Cena/Miz then Cena would have walked away from WMXXVII as champ.

Apart from maybe 3 or 4 matches WM was pretty disappointing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The production and pace of the show was all over the place. Too much time spent on crap like Lawlers match and only 90 seconds on the 8 man tag match.

The Rock was the host but we saw him about 3 times? He should have been more integral into the show.

Bryan/Sheamus match was dropped to dark match? Ridiculous.

I don't think I have seen such a boring mediocre Wrestlemania, which was a shame as I had such low expectations in the first place , I was hoping for something more than delivered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Miz video should have been shown on Raw last week. Made him look like a big star.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Paul Bearer's twitter

For those friends truly concerned, UT will be fine. What a dear friend and professional. His accomplishments will NEVER be matched.
    18 minutes ago via Twitter for Android
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    I think they'll do HHH vs Taker again next year, with HBK as ref.

See i think that would be a mistake, i know it may be blasphemy but i think Taker should take a year out and then come Wrestlemania 29 or even 30 take on John Cena or Orton to try and get to 20-0 because i dont see anyone else being a likely person to end the streak.

Maybe even have Miz versus Undertaker and just have Miz go on a year long super heel streak up until 28 so he looks like a credible threat to Undertaker. That is if they are making Miz a true superstar because hes basically doing everything Cena did like 7 years ago that i think they may make him something huge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    See i think that would be a mistake, i know it may be blasphemy but i think Taker should take a year out and then come Wrestlemania 29 or even 30 take on John Cena or Orton to try and get to 20-0 because i dont see anyone else being a likely person to end the streak.

Maybe even have Miz versus Undertaker and just have Miz go on a year long super heel streak up until 28 so he looks like a credible threat to Undertaker. That is if they are making Miz a true superstar because hes basically doing everything Cena did like 7 years ago that i think they may make him something huge.

I wouldn't disagree with you, but I think they will go with HHH for the 3rd time.

Using Takers streak in order to elevate the next future star is what I would do personally, but I think they'll go with a safe star from the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is only really 2 people who will break the streak if indeed it does get broken and that is Orton or Cena but at the same time i doubt it will go over 20-0 if its going to stay intact.

If i could choose who would end it, probably someone like Punk, Miz, Sheamus, Barret or someone younger like Rhodes (If he wears knee pads cos he looks really odd without them lol) but none of them will happen.

If Rock hadnt come back im sure it would be Cena/Taker WM28 but up in the air now.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched it,really enjoyed it for the most part

edge/del rio was a good opener and i like that a title match got it kickstarted after a great promo from the rock, glad edge won

rey vs cody was pretty good and once again im glad cody won

8 man tag -i fast fwded to the finish

king vs cole-i skipped the cole dominating parts of the match but other than that it was quite enjoyable,loved the increased atmosphere when swagger entered the ring as everyone could sense the stunner coming, booker spinarooni,stunner and JR is our PBP man again...great stuff

hhh vs taker - loved it,brilliant match right up there with their x-7 battle, loved the mettcalica prelude to motorhead classic and also johnny cash's aint no grave is such a good track,takers old music is iconic but its fast fwd fodder for most of the year, sad to see taker win but we all knew it was going to happen

6 person tag-fast fwd to the funny snooki finish

some funny skits but not as many as i would have liked,loved austin/rock handshake though

cena vs miz - EPIC video packages for both these guys,truly amazing,i nearly had a tear when the camera focused away from cena to a lil kid watching intensly in the background in his full cena garb, cena means so much to these kids. Good match and a AWESOME ending, the rocks sticking around for a lil while yet!

overall a enjoyable mania and one thats gonna have me tuning into raw tonight
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only saw up to the cole/lawler match last night and what I saw was pretty poor.

Rhodes v Mysterio was pretty good as expected but not many people really care about that angle I dont think.

Punk v Orton was great but too short, and I think the wrong man won personally, I just hope this means the nexus (without husky) will return on monday night to attack Orton.

Edge v Del Rio was a massive let down, the last 4 royal rumble winners have now lost in their mania championship matches, whats all that about!

8 man tag was just a non event.

Obviously cant comment on the other matches, but am so glad Miz won, very well deserved.
  • Options
    brokendavbrokendav Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shouldnt this thread be part 15 nor 14 part 2?

any way Kurt Angle is moaning that wwe has stolen his finishing moves the ankle lock and the slam... both of which he stole the guy must be going mad
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brokendav wrote: »
    shouldnt this thread be part 15 nor 14 part 2?

any way Kurt Angle is moaning that wwe has stolen his finishing moves the ankle lock and the slam... both of which he stole the guy must be going mad

ha, I wonder what Ken Shamrock would have to say...

Kurt has lost the plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    ha, I wonder what Ken Shamrock would have to say...

Kurt has lost the plot.

I dont think Orton is too happy about kurts tweets

Randy Orton
    Btw does anyone know what Ken Shamrocks finish was? I believe Jack Swagger used ankle lock outta respect for Ken?
    9 hours ago

Randy Orton

Point being, instead of taking offense to someone using your move, consider it a sign of respect.
    9 hours ago

Randy Orton

And I know for a fact that SCSA got the 'Thesz Press' from Dutch Mantel.
    9 hours ago

Randy Orton

Everythings been done before as far as 'moves' go in the sports entertainment. I want to thank SCSA for the 'Thesz Press'.
    9 hours ago
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angle is saying his account got hacked last night, so maybe he is sane after all!

Well at least someone is in TNA, Boom! Lol feel like basel brush :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angle is saying his account got hacked last night, so maybe he is sane after all!

:D your asking for trouble with movieguy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you need to be on somthing after the last few weeks of tna programming
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »
    :D your asking for trouble with movieguy :D

He seems to ignore me, thank the good lord haha :)
    brokendav wrote: »
    you need to be on somthing after the last few weeks of tna programming

Thankfully i keep to reading the results and even then its a task, ever since the hall of fame ring of power angle i had to stop watching TNA :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see we wont be getting Tough Enough tonight then :(
This discussion has been closed.