Options

Frizz-Ease 3 DAY Straight

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
Forum Member
Anyone tried this yet, does it last the 3 days ? any good ?

Comments

• Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I use it, when I blow dry my hair, and it leaves it beautfully straight and soft...

yes it lasts....
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just came on here to start a thread on the very same thing!

I have my new bottle waiting patiently and will return tomorrow after a shampoo and straightening sesh and give my verdict.
  • Options
    broonalebroonale Posts: 5,472
    Forum Member
    Might try it.. Does it help keep away the frizz if it's breezy outside. I can get mine all straight and smooth, yet as soon as I step out 'boing' it all goes frizzy again in the slightest breeze.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know if it smells nice?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to know if it smells nice?

Urgh I got the Aussie Miracle Hair Repair that people rave about. Smell of that made me heave. Every time my hair moved it was all I could smell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just had a closer look at the bottle in boots, it says its for 'curly hair' I only have wavy, anyone use it that just has wavy hair ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, have used it now.

It does smell very nice, fresh, not flowery or chemically. Unfortunately the smell doesnt last five minutes on your hair.

I sprayed it on, let my hair air dry, then straightened it.

After it air dried it felt a bit crispy and I wondered if it is any different to the old style setting lotion of yesteryear.

It did straighten nice, but no different to how it would normally straighten.

It says it leaves no heaviness in the hair. They were right. Mine was quite flyaway and bushy and I had to tame it down with some hair oil afterwards.

I would say it is suitable for curly or wavy hair.

It left a tacky film on my hands which wasnt pleasant.

I will see how the hair lasts for 3 days. I normally have to run the straighteners through the ends after sleeping as my hair takes the shape of my neck and i like it tucked under a bit. Will be interesting to see if this changes tomorrow but Im not holding out much hope.

Would I buy it again? No. Would I use it again? No.

Will bequeath it to daughter dearest.

Everyones hair is different so for £5.99 its worth a punt to see if its any different for you.

Hope this helps any other frustrated curlies out there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    broonale wrote: »
    Might try it.. Does it help keep away the frizz if it's breezy outside. I can get mine all straight and smooth, yet as soon as I step out 'boing' it all goes frizzy again in the slightest breeze.

The only thing I found works for this is Lee Staffords Dehumidifier.

I spray it right through the hair, by tipping hair upside down and giving it a good blast, then brushing through with a bristle brush.

I have walked in rain and it still hasnt curled. Well worth the money.
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I spray it right through the hair, by tipping hair upside down and giving it a good blast, then brushing through with a bristle brush.

That stuff makes my hair SO flyaway. Even more that it was before, if I touch my hair it stands up like I have had a static shock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That stuff makes my hair SO flyaway. Even more that it was before, if I touch my hair it stands up like I have had a static shock.

Whoah :eek: Im really surprised by that. Just goes to show that everyones hair is different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoah :eek: Im really surprised by that. Just goes to show that everyones hair is different.

I know, I had really high hopes when I bought it as well as I love the rest of his product range
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asda have the John Frieda range in a "3 for £10 " offer at the mo. Bought 2 of the 3 day straights and a conditioner. Saved £8.46 in total.
    I haven't tried it yet though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sixtynine wrote: »
    Asda have the John Frieda range in a "3 for £10 " offer at the mo. Bought 2 of the 3 day straights and a conditioner. Saved £8.46 in total.
    I haven't tried it yet though.

Thanks !! it is £6.99 on boots website :)

Edit: 2 for £7.50 at boots on closer inspection MMm not bad :D
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks !! it is £6.99 on boots website :)

Edit: 2 for £7.50 at boots on closer inspection MMm not bad :D

The Boots offer's fab then. I only bought the conditioner to make up the 3! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really pleased with the results :)

My hair's quite curly and frizzy and it makes it a lot smoother after blowdrying. It's easier to straighten and it stays straight for the rest of the day. Day 2, it usually starts to flick a bit at the ends but it doesn't really frizz at all. I'm not sure about day 3 since I usually wash my hair every other morning. I'll definitely be buying again!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,649
    Forum Member
    My hair is straight but has awkward flicks, so I straighten it when I can be bothered. It usually starts flicking out again after about an hour. I was thinking about trying this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RockStars wrote: »
    I'm really pleased with the results :)

My hair's quite curly and frizzy and it makes it a lot smoother after blowdrying. It's easier to straighten and it stays straight for the rest of the day. Day 2, it usually starts to flick a bit at the ends but it doesn't really frizz at all. I'm not sure about day 3 since I usually wash my hair every other morning. I'll definitely be buying again!

Do you find it weighs your hair down? I have very fine hair (and not much of it)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you find it weighs your hair down? I have very fine hair (and not much of it)

I didnt find it weighed the hair down at all
  • Options
    cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Oooh I wondered about trying this. I'll wait for a few more recommendations before I splash out....
  • Options
    marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bought some Lee Stafford stuff and my hair ended up like a big ball of fluff. I had to wash it again and use loads of conditioner to weigh it down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find it makes my hair need washing again quicker than usual
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, not at all. I usually spray quite a bit in and my hair still feels perfectly clean too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might have to try this. I am going on a hair and beauty shop tomorrow (in seriously need of some new make-up) so will pick it up then
  • Options
    cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    This stuff is brilliant! Absolutely love it! Makes my unruly barnet all smooth and silky:D