Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Bloomberg TV Appreciation Thread

Old 21-05-2011, 15:18
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I've been reading the CNBC appreciation thread for a while now. It's great to see that there is no bullying but a contructive approach to your "passion" coming from the others. That made me feel welcome to sign up.
They all seem really interested, that might be why it has so many views. When I joined DS first I did get some stick though.
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-05-2011, 15:20
rob the satman
Forum Member

Well we've got it to the second page anyway
I've got to go and check on my pigeons now
rob the satman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 15:28
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Well we've got it to the second page anyway
I've got to go and check on my pigeons now
Progress! I've just checked on the pigeons
Old 21-05-2011, 15:34
rob the satman
Forum Member

Progress! I've just checked on the pigeons
Why did you not tell me before that you were going to check on the pigeons, that means they have been fed twice then does it? If we carry on like this we wont get the pie in the oven
Old 21-05-2011, 16:10
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Why did you not tell me before that you were going to check on the pigeons, that means they have been fed twice then does it? If we carry on like this we wont get the pie in the oven
Yep, but I didn't give them too much this time! They weren't very hungry, I think it's because the end of the world is nigh
Old 21-05-2011, 16:46
epsom
Forum Member

To get back to Bloomberg matters!

Mark Barton sometimes stands in for Francine or Maryam when they are off. However I think that Manus is now the top male London based reporter for Bloomberg.

Stephanie, you said in the past you rarely watch Bloomberg. Is that going to change in the future?
epsom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 16:58
bloombgwatcher
Forum Member

Mark Barton sometimes stands in for Francine or Maryam when they are off. However I think that Manus is now the top male London based reporter for Bloomberg.
I think there's a difference between a host and a markets reporter. Manus is obviously a reporter. Mark has been a reporter for a short time when he had nothing to host, but nevertheless he's a host. Now he's lost his show to Owen, and with Manus being the main reporter he's been made redundant. I don't know, working as a fill-in is obviously not a dream job... or is it?

He could join Rishaad Salamat and John Dawson in Hong Kong. Bloomberg Asia offers a lot of potential. They don't have something like "Last Word Asia." It'd be a significant change for him, though.
bloombgwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 17:16
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Stephanie, you said in the past you rarely watch Bloomberg. Is that going to change in the future?
It might well do, it all depends on what CNBC is like post-Erin Burnett (if I can get used to it or not).
Old 21-05-2011, 21:48
am1969
Forum Member

I think there's a difference between a host and a markets reporter. Manus is obviously a reporter. Mark has been a reporter for a short time when he had nothing to host, but nevertheless he's a host. Now he's lost his show to Owen, and with Manus being the main reporter he's been made redundant. I don't know, working as a fill-in is obviously not a dream job... or is it?

He could join Rishaad Salamat and John Dawson in Hong Kong. Bloomberg Asia offers a lot of potential. They don't have something like "Last Word Asia." It'd be a significant change for him, though.
Yes Mark originally a markets man. But that post seems to have been taken over by the stunning Caroline Hyde. Remains to be seen what will happen to him. But it looks like a 4:00 AM start for Linzie after all. Just checked the Europe Schedule on the Bloomberg website and looks like that what's going to happen. Dont think a Last Word Asia would work with Linzie updating us on the Asian markets on First Look anyway.
am1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 13:10
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Bump Don't want this thread to flop!
Old 22-05-2011, 15:22
Maxiscot
Forum Member

Great to see this thread. Good to see Linzie has improved - I remember when she started - still liked a laugh before I went to work! Like Francine and Judith and her amazing collection of necklaces. Caroline I find patronising. Was sad to see Rish and John go to HK. Manus makes me laugh - he so wants to be the alpha dog!
Maxiscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 16:04
am1969
Forum Member

Great to see this thread. Good to see Linzie has improved - I remember when she started - still liked a laugh before I went to work! Like Francine and Judith and her amazing collection of necklaces. Caroline I find patronising. Was sad to see Rish and John go to HK. Manus makes me laugh - he so wants to be the alpha dog!
I started watching Bloomberg after Linzie joined so i missed her early days. We'll have to agree to disagree about Caroline. I think she's great. I'm not expecting "The Pulse" to look any different tomorrow.
Old 22-05-2011, 20:19
rob the satman
Forum Member

Yes Mark originally a markets man. But that post seems to have been taken over by the stunning Caroline Hyde. Remains to be seen what will happen to him. But it looks like a 4:00 AM start for Linzie after all. Just checked the Europe Schedule on the Bloomberg website and looks like that what's going to happen. Dont think a Last Word Asia would work with Linzie updating us on the Asian markets on First Look anyway.

I think I told you that in an earlier post or two
Old 22-05-2011, 20:22
rob the satman
Forum Member

To get back to Bloomberg matters!
For someone who did not want this thread started.................................................................................................
Old 22-05-2011, 20:24
rob the satman
Forum Member

Bump Don't want this thread to flop!
Bmup
A dyslexic bump
Old 22-05-2011, 21:37
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

For someone who did not want this thread started.................................................................................................
I know. I am shocked!
Old 22-05-2011, 21:50
am1969
Forum Member

I think I told you that in an earlier post or two
Yeah you did. It's just that there was a lot of confusion about the start times. I wish Bloomberg would get rid of all this dreary sport they show at the weekend. The sports car racing is but ditch the rest. Were not getting Political Capital anymore unless it's on overnight. I miss Julianna Goldman
Old 22-05-2011, 22:40
epsom
Forum Member

I still think it will go the same way as the CNN one!
Old 22-05-2011, 22:45
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Make sure it doesn't!
Old 22-05-2011, 22:46
rob the satman
Forum Member

Probably, but one things for certain, It won't last as long as the CNBC thread, right CNBC'er?
Old 22-05-2011, 22:53
epsom
Forum Member

Probably, but one things for certain, It won't last as long as the CNBC thread, right CNBC'er?
Stephanie watches CNBC but doesn't really watch CNN or Bloomberg, that why the CNBC thread will last and the other will not.
Old 22-05-2011, 23:00
rob the satman
Forum Member

Stephanie watches CNBC but doesn't really watch CNN or Bloomberg, that why the CNBC thread will last and the other will not.
Yes she does only watch CNBC, but the Bloomberg thread is not her thread, so?

And why you using people's real name's?
Old 22-05-2011, 23:03
am1969
Forum Member

Perhaps we should get back to a discussion about Bloomberg TV instead of all these stupid comments about whether this thread will survive.
Old 23-05-2011, 07:11
epsom
Forum Member

And why you using people's real name's?
First names are no big deal are they? Presumeably yours is Rob, mine is Stuart!
Old 23-05-2011, 10:09
bloombgwatcher
Forum Member

Well, today I've only been able to see "The Pulse." At 10am BST Maryam welcomed the viewers to the second hour... so I guess there's no additional hour for her after all. Also, the graphics remained the same, which is kind of surprising.

Has anyone seen "First Look" and "Countdown"? Is the former shown at 4am? How was the latter show with Owen?

Mark Barton was just on the air during the top story of "Inside Track."
bloombgwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote