Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Bloomberg TV Appreciation Thread

Old 23-05-2011, 13:19
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Stephanie watches CNBC but doesn't really watch CNN or Bloomberg, that why the CNBC thread will last and the other will not.
I watch CNN sometimes too and mum often has it on in the background. I've watched it in hotels too.
cnbcwatcher is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-05-2011, 17:49
JoshuaRy
Forum Member

I thought a new look was launching today? Everything seemed the same!
JoshuaRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 18:22
am1969
Forum Member

Yes it looked very much like business as usual. Got to wonder why they even bothered hiring Owen Thomas. I'm actually glad there isn't much change and On The Move is unchanged except for the loss of one hour.
am1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 22:22
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Wow page 3! Doing well. On holiday and our apartment's supposed to have Bloomberg but no satellite signal
Old 23-05-2011, 23:15
am1969
Forum Member

On holiday and our apartment's supposed to have Bloomberg but no satellite signal
Not cool. Your missing Bloomberg West.
Old 23-05-2011, 23:27
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Not cool. Your missing Bloomberg West.
It's a shame
Old 23-05-2011, 23:35
epsom
Forum Member

epsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 22:06
rob the satman
Forum Member

First names are no big deal are they? Presumeably yours is Rob, mine is Stuart!
First names are a big deal if the poster is using a pseudonym and does not want their real name posting, You have made the choice to post your real name, did you give cnbcwatcher that choice when you posted her real name, I very much doubt it and I feel sure that cnbcwatcher is a very annoyed person right now, If I was in her shoes I would report you to admin and the mods, It's a dirty, filthy, low down trick, and you know it.
rob the satman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 10:03
epsom
Forum Member

First names are a big deal if the poster is using a pseudonym and does not want their real name posting, You have made the choice to post your real name, did you give cnbcwatcher that choice when you posted her real name, I very much doubt it and I feel sure that cnbcwatcher is a very annoyed person right now, If I was in her shoes I would report you to admin and the mods, It's a dirty, filthy, low down trick, and you know it.
Do you realize how rediculous you sound?
Old 25-05-2011, 12:10
bloombgwatcher
Forum Member

Back to Bloomberg matters: I haven't been able to see the new shows. Are "First Look" and "Countdown" any good? How is Owen Thomas hosting alongside Linzie and Francine doing? Is there a new "Countdown" opening sequence or do they still use the time-lapse sequences from London?
bloombgwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 12:28
am1969
Forum Member

Back to Bloomberg matters: I haven't been able to see the new shows. Are "First Look" and "Countdown" any good? How is Owen Thomas hosting alongside Linzie and Francine doing? Is there a new "Countdown" opening sequence or do they still use the time-lapse sequences from London?
Agreed!

Yes there is a new countdown opening sequence. First Look isn't all that different from Global connection. Owen Thomas seems to be doing all right. He does the first hour of Countdown with Linzie and the second hour with Francine. I'd say Francine is the best presenter of the three of them. Sadly Linzie just does news updates on 'The Big Picture' during the second hour. Caroline, Linda, Mark and Manus are there as usual with Markets updates.
Old 25-05-2011, 12:39
bloombgwatcher
Forum Member

There used to be few differences between the European shows. Does having two presenters host "Countdown" shake things up a bit?
Old 25-05-2011, 14:26
rob the satman
Forum Member

Do you realize how rediculous you sound?
Not as "RIDICULOUS" as your spelling.
End of conversation
End of you
Old 25-05-2011, 15:09
epsom
Forum Member

Not as "RIDICULOUS" as your spelling.
End of conversation
End of you
Oh dear, you can dish it out but not take it. Just try leaving the matter to CNBCwatcher and me. O.K.?
Old 25-05-2011, 16:40
am1969
Forum Member

There used to be few differences between the European shows. Does having two presenters host "Countdown" shake things up a bit?
That's still the case. There are very few differences i notice between the shows from the London Studio's. 'The Pulse' looks much the same too. On The Move has more of a unique look to it. Wish they would sort out the camera work. During interviews all we get is close up head shots. The only show this doesn't happen on is 'Last Word' with Andrea Catherwood.
Old 25-05-2011, 19:37
Gordie10
Forum Member

I've been reading the CNBC appreciation thread for a while now. It's great to see that there is no bullying but a contructive approach to your "passion" coming from the others. That made me feel welcome to sign up.
Appreciation threads have special rules on this forum, which is why you won't see anything negative posted, let alone any bullying ... at least not about liking Bloomberg anyway (noting some of the posts in recent days).

"Appreciation Threads
Appreciation threads are designed to allow fans of a particular subject to engage in positive and lighthearted discussion of a subject. Negative posts in an appreciation thread are considered off-topic and will be removed. If you wish to discuss the subject of an appreciation thread you are welcome to post constructive negative comments in a separate thread."
- http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/annou...hp?f=108&a=319
Gordie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 22:44
rob1973
Forum Member

I did some work for them before xmas and i've gotta admit...considering they're way down he epg and probably don't get a loads of viewers they're a lovely bunch and they have very high production values. Also the way they implemented their existing digital data network to include video and sound to help start the network is a stroke of genius!

Hello MCR!
rob1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 23:10
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I see Bloomberg have online live streams on their website? Don't think it works on my Mac though
Old 26-05-2011, 14:23
bloombgwatcher
Forum Member

If you have Adobe Flash installed, it should work just fine. Steve Jobs wouldn't appreciate that, though.
Old 26-05-2011, 19:52
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

If you have Adobe Flash installed, it should work just fine. Steve Jobs wouldn't appreciate that, though.
I have Flash installed but I used C4 on demand once and the machine crashed and I had to restart. Do you use Windows or Mac?
Old 26-05-2011, 20:53
bloombgwatcher
Forum Member

I have a Windows computer. Flash does crash once in a while, but the latest version works like a charm for me. Bloomberg's old website (the black one), which used to be available for those who hated the white one until yesterday, used Windows Media to stream their content.

While you're in Germany, you can try out Zattoo. There is a stand-alone player available, so you don't have to torture your browser with Flash. You won't see the British commercial breaks, though. The pan-European feed fills a lot of time with Bloomberg-related stuff rather than real commercials.
Old 26-05-2011, 21:47
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I have a Windows computer. Flash does crash once in a while, but the latest version works like a charm for me. Bloomberg's old website (the black one), which used to be available for those who hated the white one until yesterday, used Windows Media to stream their content.

While you're in Germany, you can try out Zattoo. There is a stand-alone player available, so you don't have to torture your browser with Flash. You won't see the British commercial breaks, though. The pan-European feed fills a lot of time with Bloomberg-related stuff rather than real commercials.
I remember the old website, the Windows Media stream was terrible. I was looking at Zattoo and it works on Mac OSX but I'm careful what I install on it. What version of Windows do you use?
Old 26-05-2011, 23:02
bloombgwatcher
Forum Member

I have Windows 7 installed, but I guess that doesn't say anything. It also depends on how strong your computer is. I know someone who has a new laptop with Windows 7 on it, and the Flash player crashes all the time. Another one told me that Flash used to be unstable on his Vista PC, but version 10 of the Flash player works fine for him.

It's obvious that I'm not too familiar with Apple products, so there might be another reason. Have you tried another browser? Google Chrome comes with a built-in Flash Player, which comes in handy for a second chance for Bloomberg's livestream.
Old 26-05-2011, 23:08
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I have Windows 7 installed, but I guess that doesn't say anything. It also depends on how strong your computer is. I know someone who has a new laptop with Windows 7 on it, and the Flash player crashes all the time. Another one told me that Flash used to be unstable on his Vista PC, but version 10 of the Flash player works fine for him.

It's obvious that I'm not too familiar with Apple products, so there might be another reason. Have you tried another browser? Google Chrome comes with a built-in Flash Player, which comes in handy for a second chance for Bloomberg's livestream.
My dad uses Windows 7 as well and I think it works ok on his. Vista is a terrible OS though, one of my friends switched to Linux 'cause she hated it so much! I use Chrome as my main browser so it might be ok for watching Bloomberg BTW is it me or is DS/the internet in general kinda slow tonight?
Old 27-05-2011, 02:28
rob the satman
Forum Member

My dad uses Windows 7 as well and I think it works ok on his. Vista is a terrible OS though, one of my friends switched to Linux 'cause she hated it so much! I use Chrome as my main browser so it might be ok for watching Bloomberg BTW is it me or is DS/the internet in general kinda slow tonight?
very slow tonight
Another topic, anyone watch Charlie Rose? I think his 'standard' of guests has gone downhill loads