Options

Art and Crafts

xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A long time ago I asked if anyone was into arts and craft (I'm into cross stitch) and I was overwhelmed by the skills of some of you. There were lots of photo's, paintings, cards submitted. Just thought I'd pop on to see if anyone has recent work to show off?

Comments

• Options
    x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love crafting, always have since I was a kid. I make handmade jewellery and sell it online. :) My store is www.bijouxdolly.co.uk if I'm allowed to post that (sorry mods if not! :o)

I make cards too but I don't sell them, I just make them when I'm giving someone one :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    make cards too but I don't sell them, I just make them when I'm giving someone one :)

Ooooeeeeerrrr missus :o
  • Options
    x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xbling wrote: »
    Ooooeeeeerrrr missus :o

Hahahaha. That one slipped my dirty mind :eek::D:o
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha. That one slipped my dirty mind :eek::D:o

I must have a filthy mind, I spotted that too:eek:
    I love to crochet but struggle to work from a pattern, I'd rather just make my own up.
    Same with knitting, I work from a pattern for sizes then just make my own design/pattern up.
    I envy anyone that can cross stitch, the work is beautiful but far too small for my eyes to focus.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do various things. Cross stitch, bobbin lace making, crochet, knitting, card making, fimo, plastic resin thing for making butterflies and flowers but only just learning that, hoping I will get my skill up enough to sell what I make. erm... think I am forgetting something. :D

No piccies of anything at the moment but maybe some soon, just waiting for a delivery so I can get to work!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got into card making, as soon as i have photos on the pc i'll upload them.

That jewellery is fantastic malibubabe. i just wish i had money now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love crafting, always have since I was a kid. I make handmade jewellery and sell it online. :) My store is www.bijouxdolly.co.uk if I'm allowed to post that (sorry mods if not! :o)

I make cards too but I don't sell them, I just make them when I'm giving someone one :)

I love the rings. I have too many to count now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have bookmarked your site malibubabe - love your stuff but am broke till pay day :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried cross stitch yet. It looks very complicated to me.

I used to make beaded jewelry and offered them to friends as birthday gifts.

I also made cards and bookmarks by Stamping and Embossing, again little gifts to friends. They are easier to make. :p
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I've got the time I'll photograph my quilts, then show them off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    It makes me sad when crafty threads get forgotton about on DS.
    There has been many over the years but none of them seem to last very long or people just aren't that interested :(

Anyways, I do a lot of crafty stuff, cross-stitch {my at-the-moment project is a Coronoation Street kit, not touched it for a while though}, knitting {but I can only knit square things, so I am the go-to person for scarves}, papercrafting {mostly cards}, and jewellery making.

I sell a lot of my stuff online, so I rarely get to keep anything for myself lol.

I can post pics, later maybe, but not if the thread is gonna get forgotton about, which to be honest, it looks like that has happened already :(
  • Options
    Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've have a project that needs to be finished for ages. :o
    It's a cat tea cosy that I knitted in pink and white stripes to match the decor of the person I will be giving it too. :D
    I'm just on the sewing and putting it together bit. I really hate the sewing bit! I think I just have a little knitting left to do too.
    I either have the knitting bug or I don't. At the moment I don't! :p
    If/when I get round to it, iI'll have to take a picture of the finished project and post it up.
    Good luck to you all with projects going! :)
    I'd love to see some of your pictures SoapyJo. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kittycat73 wrote: »
    I've have a project that needs to be finished for ages. :o
    It's a cat tea cosy that I knitted in pink and white stripes to match the decor of the person I will be giving it too. :D
    I'm just on the sewing and putting it together bit. I really hate the sewing bit! I think I just have a little knitting left to do too.
    I either have the knitting bug or I don't. At the moment I don't! :p
    If/when I get round to it, iI'll have to take a picture of the finished project and post it up.
    Good luck to you all with projects going! :)
    I'd love to see some of your pictures SoapyJo. :)

I'm the same when it comes to knitting {I can only knit scarves lol}, but I started a scarf for my Mum in ummm February or March, and I've only done a little bit, I told her it would be ready for her birthday, which is in September, but at this rate, it might be a Christmas pressie lol

I know once I get re-going with it though, it really won't take all that long lol

I'll post some piccies later of my stuff :D
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just made my first quilt- literally just finished it now! Made the top in about 3 days, has taken 3 weeks to do the quilting and binding. Have to say I'm now knackered but really pleased with the result. Big test will be tomorrow as it's a present for my fiance. I hope he likes it. (If he doesn't, then I may be in court on murder charges! :D) Have uploaded a pic here Colours aren't quite right. The bits that look cream are actually white.

Got an idea for another one though. Think it will be for me.
  • Options
    Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's amazing Sesmo! :eek: :D That really only took you just over three weeks? I think I'd need a good year! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sesmo wrote: »
    Got an idea for another one though. Think it will be for me.

That's awesome!

Here's some pics of some of my stuff, I'll put the newest stuff first :D

First up is the Corrie kit that I got free :D You can see the progress over the weeks.

End of Week 1 - Here

End of Week 2 - Here {not much done that week as it was my brother's funeral}

End of Week 3 - Here

End of Week 4 - Here, Which was the last time I did any work on it lol

Candle #1
    Candle #2
    Candle #3 - Which was a custom order.

Girlie Card
    Mother's Day Card for my Mum this year.

UFO Tatty Teddy Cross Stitch
    UFO Elephant
    UFO Three Dogs
    UFO Born Free Tiger & Cub

Have lots of little freebie kits finished but I won't bore you with those lol
    I will post some newer actual finished stuff later, not got them uploaded to photobucket.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    see now i`ve got the urge to do some english patchwork.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the compliments SoapyJo and KittyCat. I enjoyed doing the quit. Have to admit I love doing really fiddly stuff, I like cross stitch- especially miniature stuff, crochet and painting. Doing something on a big scale was a bit different to usual. (My fiance loved it, so remains unharmed. :D )

SoapyJo, I love your candles! I bet your Mum loved the card as well. Am now tempted to have a go myself. Better start now for Xmas or they'd never get done. :D
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapyjo, those candles are lovely! What do you use to put the designs on?
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Beautiful stuff. Very impressive. :)
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of you who have posted pics - lovely! What a clever lot .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sesmo wrote: »
    Thanks for the compliments SoapyJo and KittyCat. I enjoyed doing the quit. Have to admit I love doing really fiddly stuff, I like cross stitch- especially miniature stuff, crochet and painting. Doing something on a big scale was a bit different to usual. (My fiance loved it, so remains unharmed. :D )

SoapyJo, I love your candles! I bet your Mum loved the card as well. Am now tempted to have a go myself. Better start now for Xmas or they'd never get done. :D

Thank you, it was a difficult one this year as my brother died in January and it didn't seem right to put 'Happy Mother's Day' on it, so I opted for something a bit different and dug out an old freebie kit.

I don't cross-stitch my Christmas cards, I did it two years running, and they just take far too long lol

Gogfumble wrote: »
    Soapyjo, those candles are lovely! What do you use to put the designs on?

Thank you! And it's tissue paper :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see the thread got lost again!
    I wish more people on DS were crafters! I love looking at pics of other people's work and to get inspiration from!

Anyways, here is a poppy I made, I am going to turn it in to a ring :)
    A close up here.
    And here is what it might look like when it's been turned in to a ring, 'scuse my nasty nails, Imma biter lol and ignore the pin sticking out from underneath, didn't realise it was there 'till after I took the pics.

A heart Christmas tree decoration. It's not perfect but it was my first attempt!
    The back.
    And a close up.

Doing a Christmas tree one next :D
  • Options
    cadscads Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    i do leathercraft harnesse's, collars, leads, belts, also bondage ware