Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Top Gear

Old 17-07-2011, 20:38
Deaf Leppard
Inactive Member

Some nice skirt in the background tonight. Seen a couple worth a poke.
Deaf Leppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-07-2011, 20:57
mounty
Forum Member

Richard Hammond truly is a terrible actor
mounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 21:00
CanonMan75
Forum Member

Worst episode of the series so far, mainly due to the train challenge.
CanonMan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 21:05
Bumtiddlywinks
Forum Member

i thought it was good.

the challenge was wacky and i enjoyed it.

Im glad they dont do a challenge like that in every episode but its always welcome now and again
Bumtiddlywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 21:08
_SpeedRacer_
Forum Member

I enjoyed the last segment of the train challenge, think it went on a bit too long though.
_SpeedRacer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 21:17
treefr0g
Forum Member

I enjoy their 'two fingers up to health and safety'

It's probably safe but I don't care.
treefr0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 21:39
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

I bet everyone must have gotten excited that 'Mr Bean' was on the show, but at least some people got to know how he really is.

I laughed out loud at James' "Penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, it's my tannoy", and Richard's (twice) "Stop making the BLEEP-ing announcements".
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 21:56
Corky Duke
Forum Member

Thought it was a good episode tonight, the train challenge was entertaining, and Rowan Atkinson was a good guest, he is known for not giving many interviews so to get him on the show was a good move.

No wonder it was noisy and shaking in the caravans, they were bolted onto track trolleys that the track workers use for moving equipment about.

They seem to have something about setting caravans on fire, you knew what was gonna happen, but I would of been dissapointed if it hadn't caught fire.
Corky Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 21:58
gomezz
Forum Member

Presumably the Scum Class caravan was not bolted to a track trolley when it was hit by the train?
gomezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 22:12
Nate Seinfeld
Forum Member

Not the best of the series so far tonight, but still enjoyable enough, did the job as per. The train challenge was ridiculous, but the tannoy bits and the scum class "carriage" especially made me laugh out loud! Rowan Atkinson was decent value, didn't expect him to go to the top of the board though! It's Simon Cowell's turn in the Kia next week, should be good.

Finding the opening clips with Clarkson's VO a bit OTT now, he used to do it once a series now it's every week, overkill definitely.
Nate Seinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 22:22
davie1924
Forum Member

Really enjoyed it again, but isn't Rowan Atkinson a bit of a strange character? Did well though!!
davie1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 22:27
steveh31
Forum Member

After watching an episode on Dave earlier Jeremy said he had been cut up by Rowan Atkinson in a Honda and he was like a driver with tunnel vision... how come he didn't bring this up with Rowan.

I enjoyed the train thing and thought was a good idea cars on rails I just hope some plonkers don't go and try it.
steveh31 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 23:58
ag_dewey
Forum Member

Finding the opening clips with Clarkson's VO a bit OTT now, he used to do it once a series now it's every week, overkill definitely.
I was in the audience for the first episode of this series, and Clarkson actually recorded two versions of the opening, one serious and one jokey. Then we got to vote on which one we prefered, and the response for the jokey one was overwhelming.
ag_dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 00:25
Nate Seinfeld
Forum Member

I was in the audience for the first episode of this series, and Clarkson actually recorded two versions of the opening, one serious and one jokey. Then we got to vote on which one we prefered, and the response for the jokey one was overwhelming.
Cool, I had feeling it was something to do with an audience survey of some sort, fair enough. Lucky you, I didn't get tickets for the second taping this time unfortunately.
Nate Seinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 00:32
lundavra
Forum Member

Not the best of the series so far tonight, but still enjoyable enough, did the job as per. The train challenge was ridiculous, but the tannoy bits and the scum class "carriage" especially made me laugh out loud!
If only they could have had Bob Crow in the Scum Carriage but he probably travels everywhere First Class.
lundavra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 01:12
MPH11
Forum Member

The train thing was predicatbly crap! Not a good episode tonight except for the first segment with the Jag.
MPH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 01:25
Corky Duke
Forum Member

Presumably the Scum Class caravan was not bolted to a track trolley when it was hit by the train?
Yeah I would of thought that the caravan was just on the track when it got hit, can't see the private rail company wanting their loco to hit a track trolley.
Corky Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 01:27
Trappedin80's
Forum Member

I can't get my head around the speed of the Nissan, off the line, compared to the Jag.
Trappedin80's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 01:35
Glomper

When's Jeremy's friend Rebekah on ?

Oops, (s)he's been on, a week or two ago.

It was simply all that red hair that confused me.
Glomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 02:59
manued2009
Forum Member

Well i enjoyed the episode maybe for the first time in ages, but as the above post health safety will have a field day no flori jacket when going onto the tracks!( i dont give a shit as its all set up and its on a private railway or on a railway thats in private hands) but as a fan i do think its run its course miss the old stuff and i dont think it could be done again!
manued2009 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 03:01
manued2009
Forum Member

Really enjoyed it again, but isn't Rowan Atkinson a bit of a strange character? Did well though!!
Erm he is Mr Bean?
manued2009 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 08:44
lundavra
Forum Member

Well i enjoyed the episode maybe for the first time in ages, but as the above post health safety will have a field day no flori jacket when going onto the tracks!( i dont give a shit as its all set up and its on a private railway or on a railway thats in private hands) but as a fan i do think its run its course miss the old stuff and i dont think it could be done again!
The railway stunt might have been a good opportunity to show one of the dual road-rail vehicles that you see around quite often. One of the Land Rovers could have done the job without butchering a Jaguar or Audi.
lundavra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 09:50
davie1924
Forum Member

Erm he is Mr Bean?
Yes, I am aware of that, but he wasn't there as the character Mr Bean, he was there as himself. I really don't see the point you are trying to make here.
davie1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 11:34
_SpeedRacer_
Forum Member

When's Jeremy's friend Rebekah on ?

Oops, (s)he's been on, a week or two ago.

It was simply all that red hair that confused me.
Jeremy actually admitted in The Sun that he's very good friends with Rebekah.

Just goes to show you that most if not all of his discriminations are just a pantomime act, I can imagine he is quite a different person off camera
_SpeedRacer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 12:07
Stansfield
Forum Member

Worst episode of the series so far, mainly due to the train challenge.
That was about 25/30 minutes I FF'd.

The rest, very good....Loved the GTR, in the Wet.

And Rowan....

How many times has he Bean on now.
Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote