Options

The baby boom thread!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
Forum Member
✭✭
To the women/men who are expecting a baby or have a baby!

Any worries.. or if anything at all about babies then discuss in here.

I am sure the mums and dads on here will be able to help each other out a lot!!

I have noticed that there is also 1 or 2 expectant teenage/young mums who may be worried about having a sprog.

So any worries or joys.. post in here! Sugar mummy's and daddy's or even those who are.. "broody" ;)

Comments

• Options
    Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly spooked here - I was just wondering whether to ask for some support on DS for the next few weeks as we've just come back from discussing our next IVF treatment and I'm utterly terrified. 10 days of pills; 10 days of twice daily injections and pills; egg collection; embryo transfer and then 2 weeks of twice daily injections and more pills. If we're lucky enough to be preggers then 10 weeks more of twice daily injections and more pills until our 12 week scan.

All that to do what some of you lucky souls manage to do by accident or so easily.

I'm scared beyond belief and so lost. We've been trying for so long to be parents - ten years - that I've lost sight of the end goal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow. I think this sounds like "the last" hurdle for you! Keep going. Keep taking the pills and injections. Do your very best to try and get pregnant. If not.. then I think you sooner or later.. consider adoption!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We cannot adopt as my husband is too old so this is it for us. Thanks for the reply - I fear I've started your thread on a very depressing note, my apologies.
  • Options
    darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying to get pregnant can be hell on earth. I've been trying for years now, and just realised with this thread that I've forgotten to take my clomid this month :cry:
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have much constructive advice to offer you, but I wanted to say good luck to Shadow and darkmoth.

My wife and I had difficulties conceiving - she came off the pill after 10 years and just had no periods at all. We waited a year and a half before getting proper help and had three courses of clomid at increasing doses, but nothing happened.

We were referred for IVF and at 2am on the morning of our first appointment my wife shook me awake to tell me she was pregnant! :D Unbelieveable really!

Our little girl is four and a half months now and not a day goes by that I don't feel like the luckiest person in the world to have her. It could have been such a different story.

Wanting kids and thinking you'll never have them is a living hell and a lot of people just don't comprehend that. It's so awful seeing people around you have kids with such apparent ease - of course you're happy for them, but it still makes your heart break inside to think you'll never be able to do the same.

So good luck to anyone facing the prospect of IVF etc. I know what you're facing and I hope it goes well for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's so kind Hugh, you've put it so well.

I think I am terribly tired after a visit to the clinic and the injection training. Seeing what we have to do on paper compared to then talking through it is a bit of a kick up the bottom into reality. I'm a bit worried because we've got problems with getting some of the meds due to another communication problem with the clinic we're using. I've been calling to check we've been doing all the right things to ensure we're ready to start today and we're not as they've forgotten a piece of paperwork to the people who supply the meds. Aaaarrgghh!

Good luck darkmoth.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel for those of you who cannot have children and or struggle to get pregnant. Im blessed with two lovely kids and I love them with all my heart. Although I do get so mad with those "Parents" who cannot be bothered with what their kids get up to today. Only today one of my FB buddies is having problems with a dead beat mum. Who couldnt care less what her kids do. Her 14 year old daughter put up a picture of as she put it "her morning joint".

I hope Shadow and Darkmoth have good news soon. I can tell you will be great parents.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone. Am currently nearly 9 weeks preg. Awful nausea at the mo,but fingers crossed no sickness yet. Still waiting on my booking-in/scan appt:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im 14 weeks pregnant, found out one week before i got married. thought i would say hi lol :)
  • Options
    MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Am currently nearly 9 weeks preg. Awful nausea at the mo,but fingers crossed no sickness yet. Still waiting on my booking-in/scan appt:)

Congratulations :)
    I'm just about to hit the 3 month mark tomorrow, and have my first scan on Tuesday! I'm really hoping my sickness will wear off soon as i've been throwing up every day for 2 months now & feeling pretty much non stop nausea! Just horrendous!

I just want to add i wish all those posters the best of luck who are currently going through IVF & hoping for a baby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Missjef wrote: »
    Congratulations :)
    I'm just about to hit the 3 month mark tomorrow, and have my first scan on Tuesday! I'm really hoping my sickness will wear off soon as i've been throwing up every day for 2 months now & feeling pretty much non stop nausea! Just horrendous!

I just want to add i wish all those posters the best of luck who are currently going through IVF & hoping for a baby.

Congrats:D
    Yes the nausea is just horrible. My sense of smell is so delicate at the mo,can't stand coffee,tea,the smell of perfume etc. Have gone off so many foods too:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats:D
    Yes the nausea is just horrible. My sense of smell is so delicate at the mo,can't stand coffee,tea,the smell of perfume etc. Have gone off so many foods too:eek:

absolutely! same here, even gone off chocolate!! :eek:
    Slowly starting to get into eating more now, but just gone off so much, especially sweeter things.
    Same with strong smells, i've stopped wearing perfume because i can't stand the smell!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Missjef wrote: »
    absolutely! same here, even gone off chocolate!! :eek:
    Slowly starting to get into eating more now, but just gone off so much, especially sweeter things.
    Same with strong smells, i've stopped wearing perfume because i can't stand the smell!

Strange isn't it. Gone off choc too,just debating whether I fancy a hot choc. Not had a hot drink in about 2 weeks. Can't get enough salt n shake crisps tho(without the salt). They seem to help with the nausea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange isn't it. Gone off choc too,just debating whether I fancy a hot choc. Not had a hot drink in about 2 weeks. Can't get enough salt n shake crisps tho(without the salt). They seem to help with the nausea.

The one hot drink i absolutely love at the moment is Tetleys redbush vanilla tea ( without milk) & it's caffeine free!
    But not had a cup of coffee in about 2 or so months now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like this thread! Think it will be a great place for advice for all mums and dads.

I have just got 2 kids the now, one 7 year old wee boy and a 10 month old wee girl. Both are wee stunners and I love them to bits.

My wee boy has a learning difficulty somewhere on the Autism spectrum, we are currently in the diagnosis process for this so learning all about this the now. Big thing about this is the school has never bothered there backside to do anything about this for 2 years and basically since I started doing their job I have got more done in 6 months than they have got done in 2 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off redbush which I'd drank obsessively pre-pregnancy within weeks of falling pregnant with my first and haven't touched it since!

I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant with baby 2, and the nausea has started to kick in wihch is ddifficult as I'm emetophobic. Hoping it stops soon.

Good luck to you Shadow and Darkmoth, I hope you both get to experience parenthood soon. And I hope that doesn't sound in any way smug or patronising.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and forgot to say my partner is 14 weeks pregnant again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went off redbush which I'd drank obsessively pre-pregnancy within weeks of falling pregnant with my first and haven't touched it since!

I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant with baby 2, and the nausea has started to kick in wihch is ddifficult as I'm emetophobic. Hoping it stops soon.

Good luck to you Shadow and Darkmoth, I hope you both get to experience parenthood soon. And I hope that doesn't sound in any way smug or patronising.

Oh congrats mrs B! How is your little girl? I am 16 weeks gone with number 3!
    Good luck to Shadow and darkmoth-- I have everything crossed for you both.
    We had a great baby thread on DS a while back and there were some wonderful people on there-- a few have crossed over into real life friends of mine whom I really care about and truly like. Hope this is the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the good wishes. :)

I shall step away from the thread now - I realise that this morning no happily pregnant ladies and their partners wish to hear about my misfortunes and worries. That, and when the hormones go haywire with the injections and stuff, I can't guarantee I'll be in complete control of my emotions and would hate to upset someone if I posted some sort of irrational observation. I have been guilty of this in the past!

I promise that I will come back and let you know next month it if all worked out okay or otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shadow27 wrote: »

I shall step away from the thread now - I realise that this morning no happily pregnant ladies and their partners wish to hear about my misfortunes and worries. That, and when the hormones go haywire with the injections and stuff, I can't guarantee I'll be in complete control of my emotions and would hate to upset someone if I posted some sort of irrational observation. I have been guilty of this in the past!

I promise that I will come back and let you know next month it if all worked out okay or otherwise.

Please dont feel pushed out:) Keeping eveything crossed for you x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You shouldn't feel like you need to leave the thread Shadow - you have as much right to be here as any of us!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh congrats mrs B! How is your little girl? I am 16 weeks gone with number 3!
    Good luck to Shadow and darkmoth-- I have everything crossed for you both.
    We had a great baby thread on DS a while back and there were some wonderful people on there-- a few have crossed over into real life friends of mine whom I really care about and truly like. Hope this is the same.

She's brilliant thank you, she's doing very well :-)

The baby thread seemed to boom and I read it quite a lot and then when I got pregnant a lot of the people who used it had had their babies and it just seemed to stop being so popular, maybe this thread will become the new "pregnancy thread" :-)
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fingers crossed for you shadow! I've just had a 3 month course of 50mg clomid with no success. Have a follow up with the gyno in a couple of weeks but I suspect I am now in for a years wait before they can do anything else for me!

Good luck to all the other expectant couples out there as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this thread! :D

I'm a first time mum and constantly asking questions!

I have a 5 month old who was born two months prematurely. He's still very teeny, weighing just over 11lb. It's been a rollercoaster 5 months, what with neonatal visits, bringing him home (finally!) and getting used to motherhood.

Good luck to those of you trying for a little one. My fingers are crossed for you!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I am 11 weeks now, first scan 1st August!! No sickness just tired!!
This discussion has been closed.