Options

Celebrity Apprentice USA - Piers Morgan and Omarosa battle it out

MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
Forum Member
Just thought I would start a thread of this - which starts tomorrow at 11.35pm on BBC 1.

This show made Piers Morgan in the USA - and his battles with Omarosa (who was in series 1 of the original apprentice) are amazing. You thought you had seen vicious battles before - you ain't seen nothing yet.:D

Comments

• Options
    sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's a great series. The best of the celebrity editions.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'll tune in, I watched an episode of the regular USA series last year on BBC1 and didn't like it at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    There battles were so personal!! I was shocked to see that Trump would allow it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'll tune in, I watched an episode of the regular USA series last year on BBC1 and didn't like it at all.

Oh that last series with the tents was dreadful - and dull.

I can assure you you need to watch this for Piers and Omarosa's battles. Here is one of their more famous catfights - it really is car crash telly (sorry for the spoiler).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvW5nq2oDg
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember watching Omarosa when it first aired and she was the most appalling, lying candidate ever to appear on an Apprentice show.
    She should never have been allowed on tv again and shame on Trump and the TV company for choosing her just for ratings and car crash tv.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    I remember watching Omarosa when it first aired and she was the most appalling, lying candidate ever to appear on an Apprentice show.

Yes - but she is great telly.

If I remember correctly at one point Piers implies that it would have been easier to work with Hitler than her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Omarosa was actually much worse the second time around. And she made Piers Morgan look good, which is an achievement.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Few things in life make me switch off my tv faster than the sight of that odious git Piers Morgan. He makes my skin crawl.
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Oh that last series with the tents was dreadful - and dull.

I actually really liked that series. I've seen it twice now. Once when itt was originally aired in the US and the BBC showing years later.

I knowing the result, I found it really interesting to see the team that seemed, at first, to be screw-ups and having a good time with each other gradually gel together and become a strong team. Whereas the initially strong, professional like, opposing team slowly crumbled so much that the person who was argueably the stongest at the begining just threw the towel in at the end.

I think even the tent idea, which seemed a bit pointless at first, helped to motivate those spending any time in them.

I could have done without the Tim/Nicole sub-plot though.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be watching, I enjoyed the season BBC1 aired earlier in the year :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Is this a re-run of the series a few years ago featuring Piers and Omarosa or is it some new show featuring the two of them again?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a re-run of the series a few years ago featuring Piers and Omarosa or is it some new show featuring the two of them again?

I think it's the first time it's been shown over here so technically it isn't a re-run :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I think it's the first time it's been shown over here so technically it isn't a re-run :)

Oh ok. I saw it on tv in Australia I think about 3 years ago so wasn't sure if it'd been on tv here or not at the same time.
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    I actually really liked that series. I've seen it twice now. Once when itt was originally aired in the US and the BBC showing years later.

I knowing the result, I found it really interesting to see the team that seemed, at first, to be screw-ups and having a good time with each other gradually gel together and become a strong team. Whereas the initially strong, professional like, opposing team slowly crumbled so much that the person who was argueably the stongest at the begining just threw the towel in at the end.

I think even the tent idea, which seemed a bit pointless at first, helped to motivate those spending any time in them.

I could have done without the Tim/Nicole sub-plot though.

Was that the series where one of the women in the 'running a hotel' task ran off? That was a total shambles :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ~V~ wrote: »
    Was that the series where one of the women in the 'running a hotel' task ran off? That was a total shambles :D

No, that was season 3. The tent-season was season 6.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching, I enjoyed the season BBC1 aired earlier in the year :)
    Yeah, me too!
    It's nothing like the UK one, but very enjoyable anyway.
    Donald Trump is much more easy going than Lord Sugar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So anyone watching?

£5,000 for a hotdog anyone?
  • Options
    Chelsea97Chelsea97 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A truly, truly awful show - with background 'plinky-plonk' music turned up to 150 decibels so that you can barely hear the dialogue. Throw in a smattering of vacuous, self-righteous 'z-list' American celebrities and the (as per usual) self-promoting, pompous Donald Trump (looking like the grandad of one of the 'Flock of Seagulls') and its a complete TV nightmare. The fact that it was recorded over 3.5 years ago suggests (to me at least) that the BBC are simply cashing in on the popularity of the most recent UK series.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    I follow the American Apprentice whenever it gets shown over here, I've heard great things about this series so I am looking forward to it, already it's much better then series 6, but that didn't take much anyway.

I thought it was a shame to see Tiffany go, since she seemed very pleasant and down to earth for a playboy model, but to be fair none of the women deserved to be fired to be frank, it wasn't their fault that they didn't think of the loophole that the men did until it was too late.

Speaking of which I think that exploiting the celebrity loophole was a fantastic idea by the men, however I fear that it has set a dangerous precident and changed the premisce of the show unfortunately, no longer will the game be about who are the better businessmen but instead who knows the most celebrities, which is a shame. The men win by essentially cheating, whilst the women attempt to play the game fairly and as it should and end up getting slated for it.

I liked how the seeds of the Piers/ Omorosa fued were planted early on, I'm looking forward to seeing how that develops and I can imagine it being quite entertaining. As for Omorosa herself she is as much of a trainwreck as she was in series 1, great TV though. (PS. What was she wearing in the boardroom?! She looked like an astronaut)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me who only knows about 5 people?

I know:

Pies Morgan
    Omarosa (through a few You Tube clips))
    Steven Baldwin
    Lennox Lewis
    Gene Simmons
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm quite enjoying this. But surely it's cheating if they just keep using their celebrity friends to give them money.

Think we're a bit behind here in NI the loser hasn't been kicked out yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omarosa is making me laugh:

Piers: I've seen you on The Apprentice before and you were a total b***h.
    Omarosa: I've seen you on that show you're on and they call you the british a******e :D
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Is it just me who only knows about 5 people?

I know:

Pies Morgan
    Omarosa (through a few You Tube clips))
    Steven Baldwin
    Lennox Lewis
    Gene Simmons

Gene Simmons' hair is rather amazing isn't it? Is he competing with the Donald?

I kind of recognise the bloke from The Sopranos too and had heard of the 'celebrity girlfriend'.

Oh yes, Donald Jr. What a frightened little rabbit he is. I feel he has a dark side too. Can't take to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    ~V~ wrote: »
    Oh yes, Donald Jr. What a frightened little rabbit he is. I feel he has a dark side too. Can't take to him.

Agreed. I like his daughter and from what I know about her she is actually quite a respected business woman but the son is a bit creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Getting friends to buy products for huge amounts of money isn't a loophole or cheating, in these tasks it's actually the whole point. Remember that the show now is about raising money for charity, so the more money, the better.

The women were too stupid to realise that early on (or should I say, Omarosa was too stupid to realise it, as she refused to listen to her teammates and decided to focus on the product only).