Options

Say No To Jobcentre Plus Workprogramme

missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
Forum Member
Have you been asked to join the new 2 year workprogramme? Are you tired of being hocked around as slave labour rather than being given a proper job?

You can say no to the Workprogramme. Go here: www.workprogramme.org.uk

The jobcentre have no rights to share your data with a third party (who will then share it with others) without you express consent. That is why they ask you to sign consent when you go to these places. If you dont sign, they cannot, and they say they will not sanction you.

If anyone is concerned about this, I would advise you to go to the website shown, it gives advice and template letters on how to refuse these slave labour schemes.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was told that the Work Programme was mandatory & that fi you refuse to go then you'll face sanctions.
  • Options
    SkirtChaserSkirtChaser Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    sdvsr1982 wrote: »
    I was told that the Work Programme was mandatory & that fi you refuse to go then you'll face sanctions.

Damned right as well.
  • Options
    cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sdvsr1982 wrote: »

There is no mention in the Jobseekers Act 1995 that at any point, should any claimant be expected to earn or work for their benefits.

So legally, if you bring the law into it...they can't send you anywhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    Damned right as well.

...why so ?
  • Options
    cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DWP workers don't know the law half of the time as it is. They follow guidelines sent down from middle management, who are forcing them to stick to certain targets.

Challenge them with the law, or go above their head. You'll find the whole work programme is a farce and nobody is legally required to participate.
    It comes into play with the government reducing legal aid, so it's harder to fight any appeal against sanctions.
    Bring the law into it, and there is nothing they can do about it.
  • Options
    sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damned right as well.
    If the jobs are there pay a decent wage for the jobs to be done, don't hide behind schemes designed to provide cheap labour.
  • Options
    danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damned right as well.

I doubt you've been placed on ANY Government scheme so until you have I don't see how you can comment.

You are treated as a figure on a piece of paper, being moved from one program to another to keep the unemployment figures down as far as possible, you are treated like a child (whatever age you are) and used by employers for free labour.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    danleto wrote: »
    I doubt you've been placed on ANY Government scheme so until you have I don't see how you can comment.

You are treated as a figure on a piece of paper, being moved from one program to another to keep the unemployment figures down as far as possible, you are treated like a child (whatever age you are) and used by employers for free labour.
    The poster has no qualms about claiming paternity from his employers then spending the money down the pub rather than use the time as intended BONDING with the child and helping out the mother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    The poster has no qualms about claiming paternity from his employers then spending the money down the pub rather than use the time as intended BONDING with the child and helping out the mother.

If I had read his earlier posts I wouldn't have bothered replying :D
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    God Bless the OP and don't any of you sign your name to anything without reading it. These liars that run the country want to force you into these programs, they want to fearmonger you into thinking you wont get your dole money every week. Fight back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God Bless the OP and don't any of you sign your name to anything without reading it. These liars that run the country want to force you into these programs, they want to fearmonger you into thinking you wont get your dole money every week. Fight back.

Thanks "wildmovieguy".:)

Its true. They hold the dreaded "sanctions" (ie stopping your benefit and leaving you destitute) over your head as a threat, but the jobcentre has no right to give your data for these "providers" to use. If you go to the website I mention above it will tell you not to sign anything that gives them permission to use it. Without it they can't do anything. The paperwork they ask you to sign even says that by not signing it will not affect your benefit.

If everyone assigned to this dreaded programme refuses permission for their data to be used (and usually lost) by these third parties the work programme will sink without trace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    Thanks "wildmovieguy".:)

Its true. They hold the dreaded "sanctions" (ie stopping your benefit and leaving you destitute) over your head as a threat, but the jobcentre has no right to give your data for these "providers" to use. If you go to the website I mention above it will tell you not to sign anything that gives them permission to use it. Without it they can't do anything. The paperwork they ask you to sign even says that by not signing it will not affect your benefit.

If everyone assigned to this dreaded programme refuses permission for their data to be used (and usually lost) by these third parties the work programme will sink without trace.

I will not be singing anything in the future, whilst I was on the ND program the 'advisor' left the room and a 'client' was sat on their PC system with everybody's data available to see, for at least 10 minutes! :mad:
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danleto wrote: »
    I will not be singing anything in the future, whilst I was on the ND program the 'advisor' left the room and a 'client' was sat on their PC system with everybody's data available to see, for at least 10 minutes! :mad:

While i was with TNG i was increasingly annoyed at the open plan aspect of the office,where every Tom Dick and Harry could hear my details and i could hear theirs,I mentioned this to my advisor and he said i could always go to a private room if i wanted to discuss stuff in private,but seeing as the 'private room' had no pc access with my details etc it made the idea pretty pointless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a set of jokers, they get rid of hundreds and thousands of actual jobs and then push the poor sods they have kicked out of work, into working for jack all. Nice way to treat the loyal citizens of this country.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck OP and those following her advice. What ladymoanalot said really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    like I've said before, it wouldn't be so bad if they paired applicant with a relevant position, even if it was just a case of cheap/free labour, at least you'd have 2 years worth of relevant work experience under your belt but nope, too much like hard work for them and god forbid, someone might even have a chance of success.

So, what would happen say, if there was a campaign and everyone refused to participate/sign up for this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this replaced new deal? How long have you got to be signing on before they put you on it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Froggy88 wrote: »
    Has this replaced new deal? How long have you got to be signing on before they put you on it?

Some people that have finished New Deal/Flexible New Deal have been thrown on to it straight away. You also have MWRA (Mandatory Work Related Activity) which you can be referred to an unlimited amount of times throughout your JSA claim, MWRA lasts for 4 weeks and you have to attend 30 hours each week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, 30 hours? Do you go under a different claim? since it's not job seeking anymore unless you have to do that on top of the 30 hours.. or during. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »
    Woah, 30 hours? Do you go under a different claim? since it's not job seeking anymore unless you have to do that on top of the 30 hours.. or during. :confused:

You are expected to look for work aswell as attend MWRA. It's an absolute joke!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »

You still have to do a job search as well but you do this in your own time and don't get sent to one of the providers.

I'm currently doing this at Oxfam luckily I really enjoy it and looks like there will be the possibility of a paid job at the end of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    like I've said before, it wouldn't be so bad if they paired applicant with a relevant position, even if it was just a case of cheap/free labour, at least you'd have 2 years worth of relevant work experience under your belt but nope, too much like hard work for them and god forbid, someone might even have a chance of success.

So, what would happen say, if there was a campaign and everyone refused to participate/sign up for this?

If you go here: http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/about/
    You will find out there is a campaign.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »

Seing as the end game is to stop all benifits i tink if everybody refused to go on the programme they could turn around and say well no more benifits for any one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Seing as the end game is to stop all benifits i tink if everybody refused to go on the programme they could turn around and say well no more benifits for any one.

yep, unfortunately I suspect as much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a set of jokers, they get rid of hundreds and thousands of actual jobs and then push the poor sods they have kicked out of work, into working for jack all. Nice way to treat the loyal citizens of this country.

Yes, a very sneaky way to get free labour, rather than paying a wage. Meanwhile all these providers with their snouts in the trough are making millions from these contracts.