Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Playstation survey email - legitimate or spam?

Old 21-07-2011, 08:37
heyrehair
Forum Member

I had an email from playstation@euro.confirmit.com regarding a survey.

I've not seen any other posts on this yet, so concerned it's a scam.

Does anyone know if it's legitimate? I've checked the PSN forum and no mods have confirmed yet.

====

"Tell us what you think of PlayStation® apps/services

We value your opinion. Please help us by completing a short survey on your views on some PlayStation® apps/services. The questionnaire should take 5-10 minutes to complete.

Simply click on the link below to take part..."
heyrehair is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-07-2011, 10:34
sheep88
Forum Member

sounds like a scam
sheep88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 11:10
BT@home
Forum Member

sounds like a scam
Why?

If you take the survey you can decide if its a scam or not.
BT@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 13:11
Jay-Cee
Forum Member

lol it is a scam i think, got the email myself, didnt look nor sound like playstation + my real name was used, sony normally uses my psn name
Jay-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 13:19
sheep88
Forum Member

well one way to check for sure if its a scam is to look at the full header (if you've not already done so) to see where the E-mail originated from before even contemplating taking the survey. If you open a link to something you are unsure of you don't know what will come into your computer. I never said it was definitely a scam the way its worded just made it sound like it was. Also has anyone else received this E-mail? It may sound cynical but you can't just blatantly trust anything anymore.
sheep88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 13:38
denzil28
Forum Member

well one way to check for sure if its a scam is to look at the full header (if you've not already done so) to see where the E-mail originated from before even contemplating taking the survey. If you open a link to something you are unsure of you don't know what will come into your computer. I never said it was definitely a scam the way its worded just made it sound like it was. Also has anyone else received this E-mail? It may sound cynical but you can't just blatantly trust anything anymore.
I got the e-mail, deleted it straight away.

If it's a scam then I've not fallen for it. If it wasn't, and as it wasn't offering me any form of reward for completeing the survey, I have saved 15 minutes of my own time!!
denzil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 13:43
Billy Hunt
Forum Member

Can't see what would be gained if it was a scam?

I've filled it in so I guess I'll find out!
Billy Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 13:47
jjesso123
Forum Member

phishing ? Did it ask for passwords ? Your guess is ass good mine but that sure dose not sound like a sony address.

Sony never use that email for one its normally something at begging like news @eu.playstationmail.com
jjesso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 15:37
gother
Forum Member

I got this e-mail too i just deleted it without a 2nd thought.
gother is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 17:11
Jay-Cee
Forum Member

well they can gain alot from you, maybe now they have access to your pc? or they have taken some sort of info. And the email was not even sony, is john @ something and it has dot to it

We value your opinion. Please help us by completing a short survey on your views on some PlayStation® apps/services. The questionnaire should take 5-10 minutes to complete.

Simply click on the link below to take part...

http://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix...766&s=IYTPNQLW

(If you encounter problems with the link please try copying it and pasting it into your browser's address bar)

Please note that this survey is being conducted by an independent research company, Join The Dots Ltd. If you have any problems with the survey itself, please contact andy.smith@jointhedotsmr.com. Join The Dots subscribes to the MRS code of conduct and would therefore like to assure you that your answers are completely confidential and that your responses will not be passed onto anyone at an individual level.

Thank you very much for your help.

The PlayStation® Team
Jay-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 23:55
Billy Hunt
Forum Member

phishing ? Did it ask for passwords ? Your guess is ass good mine but that sure dose not sound like a sony address.

Sony never use that email for one its normally something at begging like news @eu.playstationmail.com
No, it didn't ask for any passwords or personal information. In fact it was a point and click type survey so I really can't see how a phishing site would obtain any information at all. I think it's genuine.
Billy Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 08:44
BT@home
Forum Member

Exactly Billy, there was nothing at all that was asked that could be used for anything other than a bit of market research.
BT@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 13:35
wiseguy100
Forum Member

http://www.jointhedotsmr.com/?gclid=...FU0JtAodKGuLwA

this is the company sending the email. they are legit. they do surveys on behalf of big companies and then advise them.
wiseguy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 19:42
steveOooo
Forum Member

"This is a genuine market research survey and not selling you anything."

Crap spelling / grammar in the first sentence gave it away for me!

Always tell, especially spams from banks and the 'bussness' manger - step one in a scam is to spell check?

Email from jointhedots@euro.confirmit.com
steveOooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 01:53
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

Seems legit to me, I googled the email address and people on sixthaxis had had something similar, just asking about game preferences, nothing too personal. Answer away I say.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 13:23
Ambassador
Forum Member

"This is a genuine market research survey and not selling you anything."

Crap spelling / grammar in the first sentence gave it away for me!

Always tell, especially spams from banks and the 'bussness' manger - step one in a scam is to spell check?

Email from jointhedots@euro.confirmit.com
May have given it away but your wrong. Poor grammar aside, it's a legitimate email. Confirmit are a global leader in the market research and JointheDots work with Proctor and Gamble and some of the other biggest companies in the word.

It's an entirely legitimate survey

If you don't want surveys like this untick the 3rd party box on your mailing preferences
Ambassador is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote