Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Old 12-02-2013, 23:56
Andrew_Duncan
Forum Member

Hi Andrew!, I agree about that to be fair, I dont think Brandi had any right to say what she did, certainly not in front of the cameras. But I just think Brandi opens her mouth and it all comes flying out, thats kind of what I love about her. Shes said that in hindsight, she shouldnt have said it and has tried to apologise to Adrienne. I just feel like Adrienne has totally handled it in a horrible manner. I dont see that it had to be THAT big a deal, like with Camille, she was open and up front about using a surrogate and nobody cared.
I do adore Brandi though, I admit it and its funny as before season 2 started airing, and I had read these articles about her and the trouble she was apparently causing, I thought Id hate her, but I loved her from the start and think shes just fab on the show.

Faye is a walking ad for surgery gone bad. Her face looks like its melted and I just cant look at her. But then, the fact that she has the most hateful attitude and practically drips poison doesnt help either!

I dont mind Marissa actually, she will have to get involved more though if she wants to become a regular feature on this show. Shes a bit too quiet so far. I do think shes quite funny though, the way she talks about her husband is cringe, but kind of hilarious at the same time! I feel a bit bad for him though haha

I wasnt a fan of Dana at all, and I bet she was spitting blood that Brandi was upgraded to full time housewife, while she got a 2min blink and you miss her appearance at that birthday party Kyle had for her daughter near the beginning of the season
I agree Adrienne could & should have handled it better. I know the media painted her own to be a vile troublemaker and psycho but I empathize with her. Faye really is vile isn't she? It certainly explains why her and Kyle get on so well. I know, poor him! I couldn't believe when Brandi said that her husband loves her more than she loves him, I was mortified! How Marissa kept her cool was beyond me. To be fair to Brandi everyone was thinking it though. I feel sorry for Dana, I liked her after the reunion and she must feel ridiculous after all that sucking up to the ladies for nothing. I bet she wished she was team Brandi now. lol!

Taylor has long since been outed as a liar, fraud, con artist, thief, and burglar. Therefore her reliability is questioned on any subject. That was a long time ago and clearly you are not aware of how events unfolded in the USA at the time the show was originally broadcast.
To be fair most housewives are pathological liars at times. But the BIB maybe you could shed some light because I have no idea what your on about as I'm from the UK and haven't read anything about these claims online.

Of course Adrienne won't be staying, she's already launched a lawsuit against the franchise, they would never keep her and it may not even be legally possible.

I very much doubt Kim will leave and she certainly has no grounds for being fired (maybe last season but not this one).

Taylor has got to go, surely she shouldn't have even been in this season at all, and she's been appalling. Yolanda is incredibly boring but probably not boring enough to be axed. Brandi caused a big problem but she's probably safe.

IMO the certain stayers are Lisa, Kyle, Kim, Camille, Brandi, probably Yolanda. Unless any of them wish to leave of their own volition.
She isn't suing Bravo or the Real Housewives... and if she was they wouldn't be aloud to show her on the show as her contract would be froze and made inactive pending on the case and trial.

They don't have to do anything to not be brought back as they don't get fired just not a renewed contract. The only reason I don't think they'll bring Kim back is because she's absent a lot of the time and seems to be bored on the show. I hope she is back though because I love me some Kim.

I must be the only person to like Taylor. If she shut up about how she's so hard done by then people might start to like her. Yolanda reminds me of Cindy Barshop and I honestly don't think she or her Grammy winning husband will be back. Brandi will definitely be back, she reminds me of Tamra from OC in the sense that whenever things get to mellow she throws a spanner into the works and creates a massive drama/scene.

I can't see any of them leaving on their own admission except maybe Yolanda. I want Kathy Hilton to be a housewive, do it Bravo! I wanna know what Kathy and Kyle's relationship is like because she never turns up to any of Kyle's events but we know she gets on really well with Kim as does Rick. (Richard Hilton)
Andrew_Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-02-2013, 00:10
Andrew_Duncan
Forum Member

Some Brandi news. Maybe this could be her season 4 story line?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Ann-Rimes.html

Anyone know roughly when NJ starts or whose in the cast?
Old 13-02-2013, 00:20
tally
Forum Member

A nice little summary of the delightful Armstrongs, published during Season 1 way before the abuse/suicide.

What a pair of charmers.

http://jezebel.com/5757991/real-hous...ous-con-artist

Didn't Adrienne threaten Bravo with a lawsuit if anything was ever disclosed about the surrogacy? If so why didn't they edit out Kim and Brandi's verbal diarrhoea? Gawd knows they're quick to get the scissors out for other things.
tally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 00:48
brumilad
Forum Member

Taylor has long since been outed as a liar, fraud, con artist, thief, and burglar. Therefore her reliability is questioned on any subject. That was a long time ago and clearly you are not aware of how events unfolded in the USA at the time the show was originally broadcast.
I am perfectly aware.

And there's nothing wrong with 'questioning her reliability'... however there is a world of difference between that and the obsessive lengths people will try and stoop to prove that she wasn't a victim of abuse. And the 2 + 2 = 65 arguments they'll grasp on to just to fuel that hatred. And there is something deeply twisted and unhealthy about that.

I mean I even question those who make such a big deal about her being a 'liar, fraud, con artist, thief and burgler'. If her husband hadn't killed himself and been accused of abusing her would they be screaming this as loudly as they do? I have my doubts and if that's the case why not?

And lets face facts she's only been outed so much in the fact that you've picked and chosen the rumours and speculation you've wanted to pick and choose to draw the conclusion you want to conclude. Which is all it is isn't it?

I mean for all these articles/blogs revealing damning, absolute, positive proof about who, what, where and when Taylor definitely without shadow of a doubt is, was and at. There seems to have been little consequence in the real world. That for some strange reason this mastermind who can defeat and manipulate every establishment, system nay law in the world is no match for the 'Real Housewives' viewer with a blog and too much time on their hands.
brumilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 01:00
Andrew_Duncan
Forum Member

I am perfectly aware.

And there's nothing wrong with 'questioning her reliability'... however there is a world of difference between that and the obsessive lengths people will try and stoop to prove that she wasn't a victim of abuse. And the 2 + 2 = 65 arguments they'll grasp on to just to fuel that hatred. And there is something deeply twisted and unhealthy about that.

I mean I even question those who make such a big deal about her being a 'liar, fraud, con artist, thief and burgler'. If her husband hadn't killed himself and been accused of abusing her would they be screaming this as loudly as they do? I have my doubts and if that's the case why not?

And lets face facts she's only been outed so much in the fact that you've picked and chosen the rumours and speculation you've wanted to pick and choose to draw the conclusion you want to conclude. Which is all it is isn't it?

I mean for all these articles/blogs revealing damning, absolute, positive proof about who, what, where and when Taylor definitely without shadow of a doubt is, was and at. There seems to have been little consequence in the real world. That for some strange reason this mastermind who can defeat and manipulate every establishment, system nay law in the world is no match for the 'Real Housewives' viewer with a blog and too much time on their hands.
Love this post. So much truth. BIB made me laugh.
I clicked to read the article and the second I saw 'Liar Liar Pants On Fire' splattered across the top it lost all credibility and reliability that it could have possibly had.
Old 13-02-2013, 01:06
bingoes
Forum Member

I need to do what Andrew did and take a week off work and catch up with BH on line. I wanna be up todate with the gossip.

Anyhow, i need to comment on the last couple of days of BH on ITV2 for the moment, even though it's old news

Taylor's party for Kennedy, how gross was that. Obvious that Taylor's marriage is in a right mess when you see the body language of Kennedy, poor child obviously hating every moment with her sulky face and arms folded in defiance.

Today when Kyle got in the limo with Taylor and Russell on the way to the fashion show, how weird and uncomfortable was that? Taylor having the nerve to bring up what Camille had said to her at Lisa's tea party in front of Russell, and both of them pretending that they didn't know what she was going on about.

I would have thought that as Camille had released the elephant in the room that the other women would have said to Taylor you she can't keep telling them horror stories and then denying them. So frustrating.

I did watch some of today's online and i noticed how it was heavily edited and how they omitted the part when Brandy was speaking to Kyle about getting her friend to show them how to do BJ's Brandy is nuts, I like her
bingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 01:14
brumilad
Forum Member

Don't get me wrong... I don't know either way if she is this evil devil woman some claim her to be or not... and I do agree there is a lot of stuff out there that leads you to question it. However with some there aren't any questions... only answers. If Taylor says 'I don't like candy floss' it doesn't motivate them to question her honesty at all, it provides the definite answer she wasn't abused. There's something very demented about coming from that place of thinking... well I think anyway.
brumilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 10:08
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

Taylor has long since been outed as a liar, fraud, con artist, thief, and burglar.
She's what?
BeethovensPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 12:13
Andrew_Duncan
Forum Member

That was my thought. Then I got an image of Taylor in a cat burglar costume climbing in a window... Seriously though, burglar?
Old 13-02-2013, 15:12
XxSassyGirlXx
Forum Member

Anyone know roughly when NJ starts or whose in the cast?
Im sure that Joe, or Melissa said on Twitter it be around April time. I think thats about right as The OC starts again in March, and Atlanta and Bev Hills will finish up around then aswell I think.

It looks like all the ladies from last season are back (even Caroline ) and there are rumours of a couple of "friends" being added for Tre, lets face it, she will need them! Kim D is a "friend of the housewives" aswell for season 5 so Ive read. Id have liked a bigger shake-up this season cast wise, last season was just so toxic to watch, and that reunion
XxSassyGirlXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 15:17
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

Well, the preview of today's ITV2 show looks interesting lol
Old 13-02-2013, 15:23
Andrew_Duncan
Forum Member

Im sure that Joe, or Melissa said on Twitter it be around April time. I think thats about right as The OC starts again in March, and Atlanta and Bev Hills will finish up around then aswell I think.

It looks like all the ladies from last season are back (even Caroline ) and there are rumours of a couple of "friends" being added for Tre, lets face it, she will need them! Kim D is a "friend of the housewives" aswell for season 5 so Ive read. Id have liked a bigger shake-up this season cast wise, last season was just so toxic to watch, and that reunion
Ok, thank Sassy! Not sure if I'll watch the OC, I've never watched an entire series because they bore me.

Oh god. So much for Caroline's never coming back if Tre's on it. She must have thought they'd fire Tre for her & I'm shocked at Jac coming back. Kim D, oh dear, I suppose it could be worse it could be the old evil Kim that was Danielle's friend...for a bit. I'm going to give it a watch but if it's all we hate Tre again I won't be watching for long because last year was toxic and I was getting anxiety for Tre! lol.
Old 13-02-2013, 16:47
daisiesfan
Forum Member

Think I am done with the New Jersey one. It is too hard to watch. Even though Theresa is her own worst enemy I don't like watching them all attack her.
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 16:58
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

I cant help but think Taylor might be liking all this drama and attention she is getting.
Old 13-02-2013, 17:14
Heartache
Forum Member

I cant help but think Taylor might be liking all this drama and attention she is getting.
Totally at one stage on the deck they all round her like flies on you know what.
Have you noticed with Taylor's hysterical sobbing there are never any tears.
All noise and drama.
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 18:00
angelafisher
Forum Member

Totally at one stage on the deck they all round her like flies on you know what.
Have you noticed with Taylor's hysterical sobbing there are never any tears.
All noise and drama.
Watching in on +1, my goodness Taylor, go home and take a chill pill!! How disrespectful to the host, so so rude. My son has just described her as a big wingey pants!
angelafisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 22:30
Jennyuk
Forum Member

More doubts about Taylors story

http://jezebel.com/5883111/some-tayl...st-dont-add-up
Jennyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 23:38
BumbleSquat
Forum Member

Kathy Hilton for BH? I guess it could be interesting to add her to the Kyle and Kim dynamic as I do believe most of the friction there stems from Kyle's controlling behaviour. Having said that, I really hope Bravo aren't seriously considering adding more family members to a Housewife series. New Jersey is enough evidence that that sort of thing is dangerous. Producers of these shows are known for using underhanded tactics to create drama. They've already left themselves open to criticism for fracturing a family for the sake of ratings.

Anyway, in Atlanta's episode this week Kenya needs to have a biopsy done because doctors found 2 lumps during her annual mammogram. She's clearly nervous and shaken by this. She evens states the petty drama and fighting is not important and this gives her a new outlook on life. Thankfully, her results show the lumps are benign. I'm not holding my breath that she's turned over a new leaf and we'll be seeing a new, calm Kenya. Meanwhile, as I predicted during the last episode - Cynthia is not pleased with Porsha's efforts with the beauty pageant organising. This whole thing is probably a standard RH storyline - Sonja and Heather with the toaster oven etc. Anyway, there's tension when Porsha meets Cynthia and her assistants at her agency. They aren't happy that Porsha refused to have Cynthia come to her house with people she's never met before. Her bitchy gay assistants are passive aggressive and use the word ''stranger'' around her throughout the meeting. It's quite rude of them and very childish to act this way - she's under no obligation to let him conduct their business in her home. This was quite a tame episode following the hilarious showdown between Phaedra and Kenya last week. NeNe appeared for about a minute and the only other notable thing was Kandi deciding to make a gospel record.

Anyway, over in BH - Lisa invites Kyle over to discuss Vegas. She's pissed off with Kyle for not defending her during Camille's bizarre statements regarding her ownership of Sur. The pair both have valid points - Kyle didn't really need to step in for Lisa because she was able to do it quickly herself. But Lisa would appreciate it if Kyle could have her back sometimes which I can understand too. Lisa is right though - Kyle seems to always defend everyone apart from her. Elsewhere, Brandi pays Yawnda visit where we learn she can only afford 1 horse for her child. Oh diddums! The Beverly Hills teenager only has 1 horse! Anyway, the conversation predictably turns to Adrienne and Yawnda probably does the the unimaginable by actually talking negatively about a housewife to another housewife (shocking it's taken this long really, it's in her bloody job description!). Unfortunately she isn't attending Lisa's tea party. Seriously Yawnda? Try harder!

Elsewhere, the day of Lisa's tea party arrives. She has her good looking bartenders, Jax and Peter (Vanderpump Rules cast members) in to help. Taylor arrives with a gift for her host. A vibrator. You know, as you do. Brandi's nervous as she knows Adrienne will be attending. The first time they've met since the massive fight at Mauricio's event. The episode takes a more lighthearted turn when Brandi shows Taylor around Lisa's ridiculously amazing mansion. The closet, as we've already seen, is probably every girls dream. But what comes next is why we're all so interested in the episode. Adrienne and Kyle turn up to the party with the morally corrupt Faye Resnick. I've not heard one positive thing about this woman from anyone. She's not popular on the show whatsoever. Why she's there is a mystery. All she contributed to these scenes was telling Taylor she's got a good arse! The only reason I could possibly think of is that she's there as the mouthy backup in case she's needed. But it's Taylor who has the massive spoon today. She mentions last year's White Party and the awkwardness around the table is just too much. The conversation turns to the whole suing drama where Adrienne denies the entire thing. I'm not buying that for a single second. Besides, why would she join a show with such a sensitive skeleton in the closet? That's just beyond stupid.

Anyway, next week is the White Party and it seems Taylor has once again, gone off the rails big time.
BumbleSquat is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 00:54
bingoes
Forum Member

There are certainly some odd things that went on. I was surprised that only weeks after his suicide that she published a book about the abuse. I am a latecomer to BH and Taylor's story has without doubt been the major part of the whole series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsq7GWqyte8
bingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 01:28
kimkam_kim
Forum Member

Beverly Hills was great this week! It seems Lisa is cursed when it comes to hosting tea parties I will just say though, Lisa's house and the party do look spectacular, during her conversation with Kyle I kept getting distracted by that view! I think I prefer this house to her large mansion actually. I did laugh at Brandi and Taylor accidentally stumbling into Ken's private quarters.

I think Kyle and Lisa's conversation was really interesting to watch as they have been friends from before the show started and slowly the relationship has been eroded. I can see on Lisa's side why Kyle has not been a good friend. All throughout season two Taylor was talking trash about Lisa to Kyle and she never stood up for Lisa and then again at the reunion, Kyle was not a good friend to Lisa. I don't think Lisa wanted Kyle to blow up at Camille but she just needed some support in the same way that Kyle wanted Kim to back her up in her fight with Camille in season one and got upset when she didn't. Lisa wasn't taking any of Kyle's BS when she started to fake cry. I do think they will always be friends but I doubt they will be as close as they were.

Yolanda and Brandi are now friends and It's so funny how Yolanda is complaining about how she cannot afford some more horses to 'Brandi' who has got to be one of the poorest housewives in any city (Apart from Sonja or Sheree lol) Yolanda is really obnoxious but I do fiond myself agreeing a lot with her on the Brandi/Adrienne dispute.

So the main bulk of the episode was the tea party and straightaway Lisa warned Taylor to be on her best behaviour, she must be psychic as I think this was Taylor fighting for her place on the show, she wasn't missed for those two episodes she didn't appear so she had to make a impact and aided by lots of alcohol she did! I can understand why she feels done wrong by though as Adrienne was leading the 'Friends don't sue friend's' brigade against her last year but she kept bringing it up at the table again and again! Thats when Brandi and Adrienne got into it for the first time since the big blow up and Adrienne is a fool, it may not technically be a lawsuit but I definitely believe she threatened to. But she contradicted herself first by denying any letter was sent from her lawyer, then saying 'I had to get a lawyer too' because of Brandi. She's very shifty. Trying to change the subject when Brandi asked her, but I don't know what information Bernie must have on Adrienne as he has gone after Lisa, Brandi and Paul and still she defends him. Andy Cohen said that Brandi is going to bring her proof of the lawsuit to the reunion so that should be good to watch.The white party next week should be good. It always brings up some good drama
kimkam_kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 09:42
BumbleSquat
Forum Member

There are certainly some odd things that went on. I was surprised that only weeks after his suicide that she published a book about the abuse. I am a latecomer to BH and Taylor's story has without doubt been the major part of the whole series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsq7GWqyte8
It was 6 months after...
BumbleSquat is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:45
bex78
Forum Member

I'm watching RHOBH at itv2 pace and we're upto ep14 i think. Does anyone know how may eps there are in Season 2?

Is it just me or does Dana talk like Kit de Luca from Pretty woman??
bex78 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:54
Andrew_Duncan
Forum Member

I'm watching RHOBH at itv2 pace and we're upto ep14 i think. Does anyone know how may eps there are in Season 2?

Is it just me or does Dana talk like Kit de Luca from Pretty woman??
24 including the lost footage and the 3 part reunion begins on the 21st episode.
Old 14-02-2013, 12:06
soapiej
Forum Member

Do you think ITV2 will begin with season 3 of BH right after season two? I hope so, although it is still airing in the US. Is the RH franchise aired somewhere else in the UK, like pay-tv or is it just ITV2?
soapiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 13:29
Andrew_Duncan
Forum Member

Do you think ITV2 will begin with season 3 of BH right after season two? I hope so, although it is still airing in the US. Is the RH franchise aired somewhere else in the UK, like pay-tv or is it just ITV2?
Probably not because it still won't be finished in the US and it won't be able to run straight through on the 5 episodes a week.