#1 - 21 (113,998)
    #2 - Now 41 (83,307)
    #3 - Van Halen (79,535)

#9 - 19 :eek: (11,547)
  • Options
    shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! How ironic that I get in a forum tussle the day before the Grammys?! Oh the irony! :o
    What a great night to be an Adele fan! Have you guys ever seen her look better (I was a short distance away when she got out of the car and she took my breath away!).
    And RITD! With the a cappella beginning. Balls of Steel! One of the best performances I have ever seen on TV. She owned that stage and that crowd. And how about changing up the words to "you could have had this all"? So hawt! Crazy good.
    Don't know if you guys followed my Staples adventure before I took it down (didn't want anyone to get into trouble) but we got backstage. I ended up "working" at Talent Check In for three hours. Saw so many people it was surreal. Missed Adele by 15 minutes but I met her tour manager. He was really, really nice. There was a bomb threat. Talked with Coldplay's manager about Whitney dying (someone tweeted it to me and he was standing right next to me at the time).
    I got a crowd of drunk people to sing SLY. It was a great 48 hours.
    But I missed you guys! The best night ever and I was shut out! You guys were probably all sleeping right? I would have been talking to myself again! Hahaha!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Hey guys! How ironic that I get in a forum tussle the day before the Grammys?! Oh the irony! :o
    What a great night to be an Adele fan! Have you guys ever seen her look better (I was a short distance away when she got out of the car and she took my breath away!).
    And RITD! With the a cappella beginning. Balls of Steel! One of the best performances I have ever seen on TV. She owned that stage and that crowd. And how about changing up the words to "you could have had this all"? So hawt! Crazy good.
    Don't know if you guys followed my Staples adventure before I took it down (didn't want anyone to get into trouble) but we got backstage. I ended up "working" at Talent Check In for three hours. Saw so many people it was surreal. Missed Adele by 15 minutes but I met her tour manager. He was really, really nice. There was a bomb threat. Talked with Coldplay's manager about Whitney dying (someone tweeted it to me and he was standing right next to me at the time).
    But I missed you guys! The best night ever and I was shut out! You guys were probably all sleeping right? I would have been talking to myself again! Hahaha!

Heh, I was awake, but you knew that ;)

I'm incredibly jealous you got to see her in the flesh. My jaw was almost literally on the floor when I saw her, it was such an unexpected (but refreshing) change. I was actually kind of tongue tied trying to tell my wife she'd arrived, much to her amusement. The opening to RITD was breathtaking, and I very much want to get a recording of that version for myself. I think she sounded nervous, personally, and I noticed she kept looking off to her left. My guess is that she was looking at Simon, and seeing him calmed her-after a few glances, she seemed to be really on her game.

Shades, you're gonna have to do a thorough write-up of your adventures at some point, it sounds like an excellent story =D

A bit off topic, but I was thinking about Adele wanting time off before her next album (can't blame her for that), and I wondered if she'd want to do something other than sing for a while. It's obvious she wants to stay connected to the music scene, though....and she seems to have pretty good instincts (Civil Wars and Emile Sande come to mind). I wonder if at some point she might get her own label going (with staff), and do A&R as it suited her.
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh., Shades you are back!!!!..hooray!. Missed your posts.
    I was up till Adeles final award...was so great when she got the sixth!......I loved her 'Oh..i got a snot', during her acceptance speech :).
    Yes. take guts to sing accapella on your first live performancet after a throat OP, not only that, but a live event watched by millions!.
    The Grammys got 40 million viewers(US), up from 26 last year and the second highest ever and the highest for 28 years!.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    transer wrote: »
    If you all haven't seen it, Adele's Vogue interview is online, and it's quite wonderful:

http://www.vogue.com/magazine/article/adele-one-and-only/#1

thanks, enjoyed that. She's well on her way to 'national treasure' status already...normally you have to have been around half a century to achieve that:)
  • Options
    casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHADES!!!!!!!! I was devastated when I realized I wouldn't be able to see your stan posts on here. Then I realized you had Twitter. That was my evening's entertainment. Your comment on Nicki Minaj had me in stitches btw.

WELCOME BACK, SHADES!!!!
  • Options
    PaulJoseph22PaulJoseph22 Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an extraordinary talented artist. Well done on the Grammy awards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHADES!!!!!!!! I was devastated when I realized I wouldn't be able to see your stan posts on here. Then I realized you had Twitter. That was my evening's entertainment. Your comment on Nicki Minaj had me in stitches btw.

WELCOME BACK, SHADES!!!!

Thanks guys! I missed you! Bummer on that timing! Charlie, you have to get twitter for moments like last night! You could have been posting stats the whole time. When you start feeling catty you could switch it up with "Oh that Rihanna, beetch only has .0005% chance at AOTY." Oh yeah! By the way, I was literally five feet from Rihanna on Saturday. She is really pretty, I have to say. Sorry, I drifted.

Hotelier, have you seen the charts?! 19 is skyrocketing too! The Grammy had such a big audience because of Adele and Whitney.

Transer, I could totally see her in A&R. For sure. She knows music. Did you guys see 60 minutes?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    Been removed :(

Oh dear, sorry about that :cry:
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    HDD called it already. Looks like even Van Halen with DLR can't budge our Queen :D Could we be looking at a new weekly peak next week? I think it's a certainty :eek:
    ADELE CONTINUES HER REIGN: Thanks to her stunning Grammy haul last night, and show-stopping performance of "Rolling in the Deep," look for Adele's XL/Columbia album, 21, to spend its 20th week at #1 tomorrow, with sales that should top 200k. Ironically, she now ties the mark of Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard soundtrack set in 1993. (2/13p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Well done Adele for her wins, she sounded stunning as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    HDD called it already. Looks like even Van Halen with DLR can't budge our Queen :D Could we be looking at a new weekly peak next week? I think it's a certainty :eek:

Konebyvax! I got in trouble without GL being involved!
    Do you have a twitter account? I've got pictures to show you!
  • Options
    IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you all haven't seen it, Adele's Vogue interview is online, and it's quite wonderful:

Shout-out to Sade! That's my girl.

Good to have you back. I was watching it, but I wasn't on DS or Twitter at the time.
    Did you guys see 60 minutes?!

Yes, it was cute. I love her interviews.:)
    Best GIF from the interview.

konebyvax wrote: »

And thy faves (if thou art not of the Adele fandom)?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Illeism wrote: »
    Shout-out to Sade! That's my girl.

Represent!! She does have great taste in music, that's for sure.Very well written article. One thing I was left with is how much she is going to learn over the next years. For better and worse.
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Well done Adele..so happy for her.What a talented lady.

She looked amazing,loving the new hair!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Well done Adele..so happy for her.What a talented lady.

She looked amazing,loving the new hair!:D

I really love the new hair! Amazing!
    Check this out guys! Behind the scenes at her Vogue shoot. Stunning. Alina again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOtT2Z9Y4qE&feature=g-all-u&context=G2922fb0FAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Tried so hard to catch the threads from the Grammys last night but had no luck! :cry:

So looked so forward to seeing the highlight show tonight and I wasn't disappointed.

Adele looked beautiful and was full of fun as always.
    Her performance of Rolling In The Deep blew me away! :)

Before I had to go to bed last night I knew she'd won 4 out of 4 and was made up to find out she got 6 out of 6 when I woke up and rushed to check the updates.

It's about time the Grammys were broadcast live to the rest of the world though. I felt a bit sorry for Foo Fighter fans. They won 5 Grammys but the highlight show didn't cover any of them!

Roll on the Brits next week. Adele should do well. Just have this wee niggle that Ed Sheerin's gonna pick up some! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What she said about Beyonce makes me sick to my stomach...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys need to see this. Behind the Scenes: Video from Adele's Cover Shoot for the March Power Issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOtT2Z9Y4qE&feature=g-all-u&context=G2922fb0FAAAAAAAAA
  • Options
    IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You guys need to see this. Behind the Scenes: Video from Adele's Cover Shoot for the March Power Issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOtT2Z9Y4qE&feature=g-all-u&context=G2922fb0FAAAAAAAAA

Lovely interview and shoot.

Giving me some Madonna tea with the black gloves, lace top, little table and dog. Vogue/Human Nature meets Adele.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicmars wrote: »
    What she said about Beyonce makes me sick to my stomach...
    What the hell are you talking about?. You do know this is an APPRECIATION thread don't you?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about?. You do know this is an APPRECIATION thread don't you?.

and? I LOVE Adele, I just didn't like how she sucked up to Beyonce
This discussion has been closed.