Options

Kurd/Turkish community forming protection squads against the looting/riot community.

skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According the the London Daily News, intelligence from local groups in Wood Green and Tottenham is indicating that more violence is expected on Sunday in Tottenham and Wood Green with Brixton now likely to see the next flashpoints.

Shop owners along Wood Green, Turnpike Lane and Green Lanes, the majority of which are of Kurdish or Turkish owned have formed local protection units following riots in Tottenham which have spilled over to Wood Green.

"We do not have any trust in the local police, our shops are next on the target list by the black thugs who have ransacked Tottenham, we will protect our property", said a leading member of the Green Lanes "unit".

Orlando Breody a Wood Green resident and one of the looters from last night said to The London Daily News this morning:

"Its now time the police and the Government experience the anger of the people we will not stop until justice is seen to be done over the execution of Mark Duggan"

It's about time we saw vigilantes, why should we be terrorised by any particular community just because the police are infective

Comments

• Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    2011 - the summer of discontent
  • Options
    topptopp Posts: 2,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is sounding more and more like what we were reading about the Arab Springs. Not the cause, but the small surrounding stories.

Why are these people venting their anger at innocent people and their property? :confused:
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topp wrote: »
    Why are these people venting their anger at innocent people and their property? :confused:
    The bigger the mob the lower the average IQ.

They'll also be some people planning to steal within the mob. And stealing from innocent people is easy
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why bring the c word into it? They're just looters.
  • Options
    wh666-666wh666-666 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shop owners better arm themselves with guns then .....

I dont understand, how MET's armed with machine guns, havent started spraying them with bullets yet. Quite restrained for the MET's!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    I'm not generally a fan of vigilantism, because it seems to usually be about attacking people. I gather that the police are limited in number and that peoples houses have burned down and stuff. Therefore it's kind of laudable that the shop guys have formed a neighbourhood watch or similar. Maybe the police could deputise them!
  • Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    "We do not have any trust in the local police, our shops are next on the target list by the black thugs who have ransacked Tottenham, we will protect our property", said a leading member of the Green Lanes "unit".

We're going to potentially have a ridiculous situation, where Kurd and Turkish defenders are battling against attacking Black looting gangs, while predominately White policemen watch as spectators, powerless behind their shields - all on live television. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In our mad society, the shop owners will get imprisoned for protecting themselves against the looters!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dawnrayd wrote: »
    We're going to potentially have a ridiculous situation, where Kurd and Turkish defenders are battling against attacking Black looting gangs, while predominately White policemen watch as spectators, powerless behind their shields - all on live television. :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmm, I can quite see racist accusations starting, the moment police stride in and start firing ....
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    According the the London Daily News, intelligence from local groups in Wood Green and Tottenham is indicating that more violence is expected on Sunday in Tottenham and Wood Green with Brixton now likely to see the next flashpoints.

Shop owners along Wood Green, Turnpike Lane and Green Lanes, the majority of which are of Kurdish or Turkish owned have formed local protection units following riots in Tottenham which have spilled over to Wood Green.

Orlando Breody a Wood Green resident and one of the looters from last night said to The London Daily News this morning:

"Its now time the police and the Government experience the anger of the people we will not stop until justice is seen to be done over the execution of Mark Duggan"

It's about time we saw vigilantes, why should we be terrorised by any particular community just because the police are infective

I don't agree with our Police force being ineffective IMHO we have the best Police force in the world! :confused:
    They do a briliiant Job most of the time, You get the odd one who shouldn't be in the force but on the whole they're great & where would we be without them?!

If these people feel they need to protect their property from mindless idiot's then I say good for them, Why should they stand by & let some little scumbag take their living away from them?!

It's alright for us people who arn't living in these areas to pass judgement while we're all safe & watching from a distance....It's must be Horrendous living with this lot rioting!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    The Turks and Kurds will sort these people out make no mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wh666-666 wrote: »
    In our mad society, the shop owners will get imprisoned for protecting themselves against the looters!

After watching some of the news reports, I dont think there is much the shop owners will not be allowed to call reasonable force. Looters using petrol bombs and bricks = any force is reasonable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would assume so, but English law is an ass!

You know it's getting ridiculous, when someone can break in to your home, then sue you, for cutting their hand on the window they broke to get in .....
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's underlying issues at play here. There's always been tension between the black and Turkish community in Tottenham. People who live there and are on here will agree too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    There's underlying issues at play here. There's always been tension between the black and Turkish community in Tottenham. People who live there and are on here will agree too.

I would imagine the main tension is the Kurd/Turkish communities objection to their shops being looted and homes burnt down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine the main tension is the Kurd/Turkish communities objection to their shops being looted and homes burnt down.

Yes that is at play too obviously. But this sort of vigilantly will lead to huge tensions between the blacks and the turkish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes that is at play too obviously. But this sort of vigilantly will lead to huge tensions between the blacks and the turkish.

Would you suggest they step aside and let the blacks loot their property and destroy their livelihoods?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you suggest they step aside and let the blacks loot their property and destroy their livelihoods?

I think they should leave it up to the police (yes I know!)... Taking the law into your own hands will always end in bloodshed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you dont, one would be accused of being rascist ....

You just cant win! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol I dont think anyone is suggesting that.

I would expect them to defend their home, business and family with whatever force is needed. Doesnt matter what colour, religion, immigration status or even type of underwear they have on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think they should leave it up to the police (yes I know!)... Taking the law into your own hands will always end in bloodshed!

Easy to say when it's not your shop. If any of these people tried to break into my property they would swiftly find a crowbar connecting with their face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easy to say when it's not your shop. If any of these people tried to break into my property they would swiftly find a crowbar connecting with their face.

Fair enough. I understand that completely. Protect your own and all that... But don't form vigilantly groups... Because that would make them as bad as the rioters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fair enough. I understand that completely. Protect your own and all that... But don't form vigilantly groups... Because that would make them as bad as the rioters.

It makes sense if the local shopkeepers form groups, strength in numbers, help protect each others property, otherwise on their own they would quickly be overwhelmed.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been reassured by other members of this forum that these riots had nothing to do with race.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont **** with kebab shop owners!!