Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 8)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,975
Administrator
It beggars belief that every man and his dog could foresee the problems we are now having several months ago -I'm sure this forum is made up from people from all walks of life - plumbers, hairdressers, electricians, accountants, what have you - yet the professionals running our club, those with many, many years of experience in top-level football have failed to see it coming. It's just so strange that it's been allowed to happen this way
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1466725

Comments

• Options
      TironTiron Posts: 8,080
      Forum Member
      Yah, spanking brand new thread! :)
      ( subscription must be kept up)
    • Options
      CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,974
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      Keep ahead of the Spuds.
    • Options
      naveennaveen Posts: 652
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      No matter how bad things might look just remember the spuds are bottom:)
    • Options
      ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      naveen wrote: »
      No matter how bad things might look just remember the spuds are bottom:)

I wouldn't get too cocky. Going on recent evidence, they might be saying the same thing about us.
    • Options
      grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
      Forum Member
      I read on the Ceefax rumor mill we're looking at Schweinsteiger (sp?) and Hazard also (valued at £26m. Thats OK but it just seems daft we didnt get Mata earlier (I know I said that before) but even now we coiuld have got him if he hadnt gone to Chelski.
    • Options
      ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
      Forum Member
      Nasri's gone to City.
      Mata says he didn't want to sign for either us or Spuds as he wanted to win trophies, so chose Chelsea.
      If we don't get through tomorrow I can see no-one arriving at all and certain players starting to itch to leave. Even if we do, who knows if there's still time to get anyone like Hazard.
      I just don't see where the goals are coming from, which is a big worry. Plus some of our best players like Sagna is going to get fed up with having to play out of position. It could even affect his place in the french team.

As for young players, Man Utd showed last night what bringing through young players successfully looks like.
    • Options
      CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      So long Nasri

So long Champions League football

We are royally ****ed unless we sign some players
    • Options
      HaydenHayden Posts: 32,960
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      It's scary when you think just how important tomorrow is to our immediate future as a top club.

Lose and it's a long way back to the Champions League as we won't be able to sign the level of players who could get us back there again.
      Key players layers like RVP and Sagna who aren't far off 30 surely aren't going to want to stick around as they will want to finish their careers at the highest level.
      Then at the next stage players like Wilshere and Chesney who won't get itchy feet straight away but at some point in the next 3/4 years when Man City or whoever come calling may decide they need to further their career with a move away.
      And all the time AW will be bringing in the cream of the worlds 16/17/18 year old for a future that may not be there..

Losing tomorrow is a massive slippery slope and it's just not an option.
    • Options
      ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
      Forum Member
      the only advantage is that the game's away. If that sounds a bit Irish (no disrespect to those across the sea) I mean that the huge anxiety from the home support won't be there so the pressure on the players may be a little bit less than if it was at a very tense, silent Emirates.
      I may be clutching at straws here...
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Looks like we're signing players based on whether we get through tomorrow which is a disaster IMO.
    • Options
      Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Jeesus wept.

Arsenal are linked with another lightweight playmaker.

Although Hazard is an extremely good player, Arsenal do not need him.

If you lot sign him i don't think i'll be able to lift myself from off the floor from laughing so hard.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Jeesus wept.

Arsenal are linked with another lightweight playmaker.

Although Hazard is an extremely good player, Arsenal do not need him.

If you lot sign him i don't think i'll be able to lift myself from off the floor from laughing so hard.

How can you say they 'don't need him' when they've just sold Fabregas AND Nasri. While the cliché talk of Arsenal needing backbone, experience and spine is not untrue, they are now lacking in midfield for the first time in a while creatively. Two major assist and goal scoring players, they have replaced only one with Gervinho. Though i'm not sure Hazard is the man, Ramsey is not ready to fill in for the great Fab.
    • Options
      Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,078
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hayden wrote: »
      It's scary when you think just how important tomorrow is to our immediate future as a top club.

Nobody should be any doubt as to what defeat could mean for our club. Liverpool have spent their way out, we will not do the same. Lose tomorrow and it could be a long time before we get back in again.

Good riddance Nasri.

Am I the only one getting very bored with opposition fans coming on here and having a pop. :rolleyes:
    • Options
      bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
      Forum Member
      I can't believe you guys haven't snapped up SWP from City, he's going for a song and would free up Walcott to play a more central attacking role.
    • Options
      Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,078
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      bazzaroo wrote: »
      I can't believe you guys haven't snapped up SWP from City, he's going for a song and would free up Walcott to play a more central attacking role.

Aaaaaaarrggh. He's even bloody worse than Theo. :mad:
    • Options
      Forum Member
      How can you say they 'don't need him' when they've just sold Fabregas AND Nasri. While the cliché talk of Arsenal needing backbone, experience and spine is not untrue, they are now lacking in midfield for the first time in a while creatively. Two major assist and goal scoring players, they have replaced only one with Gervinho. Though i'm not sure Hazard is the man, Ramsey is not ready to fill in for the great Fab.

Exactly now we've sold our 2 best players (certainly one) we need attacking options, we cant score goals at the moment.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Tel69 wrote: »
      Aaaaaaarrggh. He's even bloody worse than Theo. :mad:

Was our best player during the pre-season... alot of fans want him to stay, however, I can't see him settling in as a squad player.
    • Options
      satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
      Forum Member
      Good riddance to Nasri! Hope he enjoys warming the bench at Citeh!

I see old Arsene has replaced the old mental strength with 'strength mentally'.......;)

I dread to think what's going to happen tomorrow if we don't show some bloody mental strength??? And we can titter at the Spuds being bottom of the league, after Man U on the weekend that could very well be us!
    • Options
      fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Man Utd game means nothing in comparison to midweeks champions league decider. I would gladly accept a 5-0 drubbing next Sunday as long as we get through tomorrow.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      "Imagine the worst, that we lose Fábregas and Nasri; you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that" ......Wenger last month.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      What's the French for "We're f*cked"? ;) :eek:
    • Options
      Auld ReekieAuld Reekie Posts: 195
      Forum Member
      satellite wrote: »
      Good riddance to Nasri! Hope he enjoys warming the bench at Citeh!

I see old Arsene has replaced the old mental strength with 'strength mentally'.......;)

I dread to think what's going to happen tomorrow if we don't show some bloody mental strength??? And we can titter at the Spuds being bottom of the league, after Man U on the weekend that could very well be us!
      Have faith.
      Arsenal will get through to the group stages.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Patrick 1 wrote: »
      "Imagine the worst, that we lose Fábregas and Nasri; you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that" ......Wenger last month.

We don't need to imagine the worst.. now it's HERE! Leaving transfers til after Wed is stupid!
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
      Forum Member
      United fan coming in peace here.

I feel genuinely sorry for you guys seeing how downtrodden Arsene has become and how poorly your club has faired in this transfer window.

From a neutral looking in i just cannot understand the logic of trying to keep Fabregas or Nasri when it was blatent that both wanted out the minute last season was over.

Yes Nasri is probably good riddance as are the other players you have sold to Citeh over the last few seasons, all gold diggers thats for sure.

But with just over 7 days left of the transfer window who do you realistically see yourselves signing?

The problem Arsenal have now is that everyone knows you have money to spend from the Fab and Nasri money, so there will be a standard price for a player but an elevated price for Arsenal now because other clubs will know they are desperate.

On Sundays game, i actually think you may get a draw. I think the press will slaughter you this week (especially if you go out tomorrow) which will halp galvanise your team spirit.

Anyway good luck for tomorrows game :)
    • Options
      HaydenHayden Posts: 32,960
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      All over Twitter that Wilshere's small 'just a few days' injury will now keep him out until the beginning of October.
    This discussion has been closed.