Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2011, 15:45
DS Forum Support

Digital Spy Staff

What a treat for Thursday! John Barrowman God, him AND Lesley Garrett on at the same time Which one's going to sing first? LG is annoying. Every show she's on she starts talking about something and then in the middle of it - without warning - she'll burst into song with a shrill 'LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!' Yes, we know you're an opera singer
[LIST]Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1147420[/LIST]
DS Forum Support is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-09-2011, 15:52
Creamtea
Forum Member

John Barrowman AND Lesley Garrett??!!! Christ, that will be just AWFUL!!!!!!!! One to avoid.
Old 09-09-2011, 15:54
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I'll post it again as it was on the old thread...Next week's lot are

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wr...12th-september

And just to mention again I cannot bare that Lesley Garrett and I'll bet she'll start warbling 5 minutes in!
Old 09-09-2011, 15:55
ilovewallander
Forum Member

John Barrowman AND Lesley Garrett??!!! Christ, that will be just AWFUL!!!!!!!! One to avoid.
Or one to watch, if you're the masochistic type

According to the link from guernseysnail, LG is on the panel all week and JB is just on the show on Thurs
Old 09-09-2011, 16:00
Creamtea
Forum Member

Or one to watch, if you're the masochistic type

According to the link from guernseysnail, LG is on the panel all week and JB is just on the show on Thurs
Thanks for the heads up. Thurs shall definately be a Wright Stuff free day!
Old 09-09-2011, 16:13
ilovewallander
Forum Member

Thanks for the heads up. Thurs shall definately be a Wright Stuff free day!
That's ok, thank guernseysnail for the link

I don't get to see TWS very often as I'm at work when it's on, but sometimes I catch it when I have a day off. It's not a bad show, they have some good topics, but I can't stand MW though! He's got such a sinister, seedy laugh he gives me the creeps
Old 09-09-2011, 16:13
chitarivera
Forum Member

Darn it. I thought we'd got rid of Lesley Garrett.

And regarding Joan being cool with Lowri, I don't think it was because Joan doesn't shake hands with 'little people' - I think it's because she doesn't like Lowri.
So rather than Joan being 'rude' to 'little people' it was Joan being 'rude' to someone she doesn't like.

Of course that wouldn't occur to Lowri. She's so confident, that one.
Old 09-09-2011, 16:30
earthling13
Forum Member

I'll post it again as it was on the old thread...Next week's lot are

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wr...12th-september

And just to mention again I cannot bare that Lesley Garrett and I'll bet she'll start warbling 5 minutes in!
I don't often look at the website. Have they always listed what the guest will be plugging?
Old 09-09-2011, 16:34
Straker
Forum Member

I can never tell when they have Lesley Garrett on whether itís really her or her Spitting Image puppet.
Old 09-09-2011, 16:48
bob.cryer
Forum Member

Was TWS extra on today?
Old 09-09-2011, 16:57
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I don't often look at the website. Have they always listed what the guest will be plugging?
I don't look that often but I have 'liked' the Facebook page, which automatically posts stuff including guests coming up and subjects to be debated so you can add your comment if you want to, some of the comments get read out on the programme. This is the first time I've seen the extra bit in brackets after the names though.
Old 09-09-2011, 16:59
guernseysnail
Forum Member

Was TWS extra on today?
No...They showed the extra long, extra rubbish evictions from CBB last night...They caught me out and I watched 5 minutes before I came to my senses!
Old 09-09-2011, 17:03
DVDfever
Forum Member

No...They showed the extra long, extra rubbish evictions from CBB last night...They caught me out and I watched 5 minutes before I came to my senses!
Were you hoping someone else would win?

Re: guernseysnail (about the Lego caravan)
"Think it may have been pre-arranged in the advert break, I think Matthew has been a right pain this week but as it's his show he can do what he wants, but if he ends up with one viewer he'll only have himself to blame!"

I'm not sold on the guy knowing. When it happened, the guy was clearly crestfallen and looked mightily pissed off.
DVDfever is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 09-09-2011, 17:10
guernseysnail
Forum Member

Were you hoping someone else would win?

Re: guernseysnail (about the Lego caravan)
"Think it may have been pre-arranged in the advert break, I think Matthew has been a right pain this week but as it's his show he can do what he wants, but if he ends up with one viewer he'll only have himself to blame!"

I'm not sold on the guy knowing. When it happened, the guy was clearly crestfallen and looked mightily pissed off.
When my children were younger if one made something nice, the other would break it...Maybe Matthew was suffering from some sort of jealousy issue...

Hope he's a nicer person next week, Matthew, I know you read this Forum, you've been a prat this week!
Old 09-09-2011, 17:45
stefthepest
Forum Member

Enjoyed today's Wright Stuff because of Tony Hawks, he is funny and nice that he disagreed with Matthew on some points. I cant stand Lowri Turner, cant pinpoint why but she is very much on her high horse. Her hair the other day was atrocious, much nicer today. The ex model was ok bit bland but I too was shocked when that gorgeous camper van made out of lego was knocked over deliberately. Matthew might think the person who made it was sad but what he did to it was even sadder. Matthew needs knocking down a peg or two whilst wearing his Oswald Boateng suits!
Old 10-09-2011, 00:30
DVDfever
Forum Member

Enjoyed today's Wright Stuff because of Tony Hawks, he is funny and nice that he disagreed with Matthew on some points.
Tony Hawks is great value on this show. Here's an appearance from him in October 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdGYcvWclE
Old 10-09-2011, 13:44
stefthepest
Forum Member

Tony Hawks is great value on this show. Here's an appearance from him in October 2008.
thanks for that, really enjoyed watching that clip. I vaguely remember that hit single he had all those years ago! Hope he's back on TWS alot more and more of his ilk please!
Cheers
Old 10-09-2011, 13:53
ilovewallander
Forum Member

I like Tony Hawks, he's really funny. I like him even more if he disagreed with MW God, it shows my age, I remember The Stutter Rap!
Old 10-09-2011, 19:19
guernseysnail
Forum Member

Little article about Eric...

http://www.eric-johnson.co.uk/2011/4...an-on-the-mic/
Old 12-09-2011, 11:10
earthling13
Forum Member

Bit desperate that Matt had to ask us if we remember tomorrows guest. It's Karl Howman. Remember him?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:29
Trappedin80's
Forum Member

Gabby is looking fine today.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:56
Guardianista
Inactive Member

Neo-Com revolutionary Matthew back on the civil unrest theme again - I haven't seen or heard anything about this anywhere else - so you could say they are on the ball in that respect.

On the people preferring to have boy babies it was interesting - but I wasn't at all surprised - that NO ONE came out with the usual line:
It's a woman's right to choose to abort. It's her body.
Old 12-09-2011, 16:50
DVDfever
Forum Member

Bit desperate that Matt had to ask us if we remember tomorrows guest. It's Karl Howman. Remember him?
I wonder if he's got a DVD to plug?
Old 12-09-2011, 18:04
chitarivera
Forum Member

I havent watched today.

I was in another room when it started, and as Matthew was introducing That Garrett woman I heard her do that horrible operatic trilling thing she does and I couldn't face watching the show.

Sorry Matthew but if you keep having people like her on, I just will not watch.

I love the show, but not that much.

Even Lowri doesn't get on my nerves as much as That Woman.
Old 12-09-2011, 18:07
stefthepest
Forum Member

The topics on today's The Wright Stuff didnt enthrall me apart from the one about Nancy Del'Olio. I'm glad Matthew agreed with me that she shouldnt be on Strictly Come Dancing just because of who she's slept with. Cant stand the woman!

Let's hope for better stuff tomorrow.

Closed Thread