Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Police have marked my car..

Old 11-09-2011, 02:07
Scamps
Forum Member

Well the long and short of it is that a small amount of cannabis was found by the Police in my car, and after a short conversation about the demon drug, the police told me that my car had its first mark on it.

I've had a google search and searching 'Marked, Police, Car' in different ways i keep getting a lot of results about Marked Police Cars which is unhelpful...

What does it mean to have a first mark on my car?

Any Ideas, Cheers
Scamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:08
Chizzleface
Forum Member

Well in basic terms the police know your car is linked with drug use - makes it much easier for them to stop you in future.
Chizzleface is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:08
danleto

They'll take an interest in you.
danleto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12
dawnrayd
Inactive Member

Well the long and short of it is that a small amount of cannabis was found by the Police in my car, and after a short conversation about the demon drug, the police told me that my car had its first mark on it.

I've had a google search and searching 'Marked, Police, Car' in different ways i keep getting a lot of results about Marked Police Cars which is unhelpful...

Any Ideas, Cheers
It means nothing, it's like when the police write your name in a notepad when you're a school kid, and you think you have a criminal record. In my wilder years I got done for drink driving due to stupidty, got banned obviously, but kept my car, which my mates and housemate used to borrow and drive around, it never got stopped, even though the licence plate should have rang alarm bells to any policeman that it was registered to a banned driver, and they're definitely not going to pull you over because they once found a spliffs worth of weed in it.

I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain it's insignificant, the amount of paper work involved, they just don't bother with weed any more (unless it's obviously a heroic amount).
dawnrayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12
woodbush
Forum Member

It will flash up on ANPR cameras as being involved in drugs. You may get stopped for routine drug searches.
woodbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:22
Empirical
Inactive Member

It will flash up on ANPR cameras as being involved in drugs. You may get stopped for routine drug searches.
Assuming they weren't just trying to scare you, ^^this.

Also, your car will be recorded as having been or suspected of being involved in crime. If you are pulled over for another reason the Police will do a routine check and your car will come back as having been involved with drugs. So you are more likely to be searched.

Source: Those sh*tty Road Wars shows on Pick TV.
Empirical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:34
Red Okktober
Inactive Member

They will probably recreate the incident on Crimewatch with actors and a car that looks similar to yours
Red Okktober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:25
Gage
Forum Member

Means nothing, they said that to deter you from carrying it again and it won't flag you up on ANPR.
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:36
MrHoppy
Forum Member

It's really reassuring to hear that our tax money is being well spent protecting us from dangerous criminals like yourself. I'm really glad. Not really.
MrHoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:42
Baboo Yagu
Inactive Member

A short conversation? Are you saying that you didn't even receive a 'street caution' for possessing a 'small amount' of weed?

If you did, then your car will have a drugs marker against it in the database which will flash up when you get scanned by an ANPR system.
Baboo Yagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:57
TeaCosy
Forum Member

Are you sure they didn't say your CARD is marked?
TeaCosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00
slyfox51
Forum Member

Time to get rid of the car and also time to give up drugs.
slyfox51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16
topp
Inactive Member

Your details will have been passed to the USofA and you are now a legitimate military target for the next drone attack. Drugs are grown in Afghanistan, so it's all ok and no on will mind.
topp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:18
d3nium
Forum Member

Time to get rid of the car and also time to give up drugs.
Don't be ridiculous, change his car? It's not like it's been used in a bank robbery.

Don't worry about it OP, the police have bigger things to worry about then a bit of the weed. You might get the odd pull if you come across a bored copper, but if you only have a couple of J's on you they'll just take it off you & give you a slap on the wrist.

When are people going to wake up & demand our ridiculous politicians to stop wasting so much time & resources on this? Unfortunately because this country is full of Daily Mail readers, politicians are way too scared to even discuss the current policies on drugs.
d3nium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:46
Scamps
Forum Member

A short conversation? Are you saying that you didn't even receive a 'street caution' for possessing a 'small amount' of weed?

If you did, then your car will have a drugs marker against it in the database which will flash up when you get scanned by an ANPR system.
Nope no caution, the Police officer told me to do it in my house from now on... and then i wont get caught lol
Scamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:49
InMyArms
Forum Member

They're likely to pull you over a lot more now, I imagine that it could get annoying for you.
InMyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:26
buffyslay

Any Ideas, Cheers
just me that had the vision of the policemen peeing against your car then? or rubbing their faces over it ? (like dogs/cats)
buffyslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:40
Biffo the Bear
Forum Member

That's what you get for being a drugs addict.
Biffo the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42
TheMagic8ball
Inactive Member

You're not the car that the NYPD are looking for, are you?
TheMagic8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42
ladymoanalot
Forum Member

OP for the future do not carry weed on you, or at least do not use the car when you have it on you. It might be better to walk with it.
ladymoanalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45
Gneiss
Forum Member

Any Ideas, Cheers
Nothing much to worry about....

It just means any time you go out in your car you could be gunned down like Bonnie and Clyde.
Gneiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:08
Prince Monalulu
Forum Member

That's what you get for being a drugs addict.
I've been smoking fags and roll ups for years, never been tugged for it though.
Prince Monalulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09
EyeOfTheStorm
Inactive Member

I think the police should be given the power to crush cars which belong to people like the OP.
EyeOfTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:10
Prince Monalulu
Forum Member

just me that had the vision of the policemen peeing against your car then? or rubbing their faces over it ? (like dogs/cats)
best response so far, by far.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:12
Prince Monalulu
Forum Member

I think the police should be given the power to crush cars which belong to people like the OP.
Yes dear and people like you should be sent for treatment for being unbalanced.

Hey ho, can't always get what you want...