Options

Vampire Diaries Season 3 - ITV2 - 11th Oct - 9pm

Vampire Diaries Season 3 - ITV2 - 11th Oct - 9pm

Comments

• Options
    merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered if it was mentioned on here. I had a message on Facebook giving the heads up on it! Can't wait.:D
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well hoorah!
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay about time!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Finally! Glad we haven't had to wait too long this time.
  • Options
    clangers23clangers23 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    WooHoo can't wait!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very glad to see this thread! Feels like I've been waiting forever for our Damon and Stefan fix.
    Not that that's all I watch the show for, of course. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    AJW210892 wrote: »
    Finally! Glad we haven't had to wait too long this time.

Actually it aired on ITV2 in September last year which was earlier than this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Yesssssssssssssss! :d
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV Trekker wrote: »
    Actually it aired on ITV2 in September last year which was earlier than this year.

ITV2 actually started airing Season 2 on October 5th last year, which was just under a month after it began in the US and when there was a 3 week break for Thanksgiving (after the episode 'Katerina') it meant that ITV2 was able to catch up so that the remaining episodes aired in the UK 5 days after the US got them.

Season 3 began on September 15th this year, so it's pretty much the same situation as last year i.e. the UK premiere date is just under 4 weeks after the US one, but there will most likely be another break in the US for Thanksgiving. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    I could have sworn Season 2 started in January. It'll be great once we catch up with the US, it's a pain trying to desperately avoid spoilers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJW210892 wrote: »
    I could have sworn Season 2 started in January. It'll be great once we catch up with the US, it's a pain trying to desperately avoid spoilers.

Season 1 began in the US on September 10, 2009 and started on ITV2 on February 2, 2010. Season 2 began in the US on September 9 and ITV2 got it on October 5.

Due to the 3 week break in the US for Thanksgiving last November, ITV2 were able to continue showing the episodes (up to Episode 9) and aired the remaining episodes of the season 5 days after the US got them (as I said in my previous post). :)
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    So glad this is back - I hope it is able to live up to Season 2's greatness, although I was a bit concerned to read that
    Joseph Morgan's Klaus is to be made a permanent cast member - really don't like JM as Klaus. :(

I dealt with my withdrawal symptoms by watching all of Season 2 again when it came out on DVD at the end of August, over the course of 4 evenings, so by the end, I was quite VD'd out, which I didn't think would be possible! Ready to start watching it in weekly installments again! :D
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally! Have been waiting for this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    So glad this is back - I hope it is able to live up to Season 2's greatness, although I was a bit concerned to read that
    Joseph Morgan's Klaus is to be made a permanent cast member - really don't like JM as Klaus. :(

I've been watching Season 3 at US pace and JM has been excellent so far. His portrayal is a LOT more menacing than his book counterpart. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Ooh, can't wait! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see how Jeremy and Elena are coping without any family guardians to look out for them. I still can't believe they killed off Isobel, Jenna and John last season!

And how are Damon and Elena doing without Stefan? I know a lot of people are hoping for a romance between the two, but I think their dynamic is far better when they're kept apart. Whichever Salvatore brother is with Elena will always have to worry about the possibility of her being in love with the other.

I also hope we get plenty of Katharine this season!
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm armed and ready.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Can
    Not
    Wait!

:d:d:d:d:d
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    just watched the final 5 eps of season 2 on dvd today so dont have long to wait for the next ep..but will need to get used to watching this at a weekly pace now...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    So what did everyone think?

I enjoyed it, but I think the final scenes were what made the episode. My heart broke for Stefan at the end when he phoned Elena (I *may* have shed a tear even).

I'm also wondering what Mrs Lockwood has in store for Caroline - I hope Tyler works out what has happened and is able to rescue her.

Already looking forward to next week!
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Beggin for help!! I had to work late and missed it I dont have sky plus yet, and ITV player keeps crashing!! Did anyone record it? and could send it me?? I would be happy to pay? Many Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, although still trying to make my mind up about the 'horrible' Stefan somehow I dont think he is as convincing as Damien would be. I really hope Damien and Elena get together.
    Loving Klaus. Best scene of the night, Damien getting out of the bath, trouble was the bloody bottles got in the way............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed 'bad boy' Stefan. :o Even if he is only putting on an act. Also agree with the person above who said that they enjoyed the final scene between him and Elena. I'm in the minority that doesn't want Elena and Damon together. For starters I love Stefan and Elena, plus I just don't think it would be true to character for Elena to start seeing both of them (though technically I know Stefan isn't there anymore). She may be Katherine's doppelganger but they're not alike in that way.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we see Elijah this season as he's definitely my favourite brother from that pair.
  • Options
    jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Blemished wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed 'bad boy' Stefan. :o Even if he is only putting on an act. Also agree with the person above who said that they enjoyed the final scene between him and Elena. I'm in the minority that doesn't want Elena and Damon together. For starters I love Stefan and Elena, plus I just don't think it would be true to character for Elena to start seeing both of them (though technically I know Stefan isn't there anymore). She may be Katherine's doppelganger but they're not alike in that way.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we see Elijah this season as he's definitely my favourite brother from that pair.

i think i read somewhere online that elijah will return this season.i hope so because he is my favorite also.
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jette52 wrote: »
    i think i read somewhere online that elijah will return this season.i hope so because he is my favorite also.
    The guy playing Alaric was much better at playing Klaus when his character was possesed.