Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Julia George - Radio Kent

Old 03-10-2011, 21:01
the teddy bear
Forum Member

I really wish that they would get rid off this useless woman from the morning show on BBC Radio Kent

She's hardly ever there to present the programme, leaving other presenters to dep for her and I'm not talking about the odd week every few months, I'm talking about a day here and a day there every week!

She's also incessantly talking about female related issues, nearly all the time - believe it or not Jules, there are actually Men listening at this time of day too you know!

Please Radio Kent, see sense and get rid off Ms George and give Claire McDonnell the breakfast show on her own and make John Warnett the host of the morning show! Job done!!
the teddy bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-10-2011, 21:08
North Downs
Forum Member

I don't normally listen to her, but when I caught a bit of her the other day I thought she sounded very similar to Ethoile George on BBC Essex.

Does anyone know if she is related?
North Downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 15:17
darkisland
Forum Member

They're both abomniable, and typify the lame, twee civil service personality types which seems so often at home on BBC locals.
darkisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 19:43
old pilot
Inactive Member

They're both abomniable, and typify the lame, twee civil service personality types which seems so often at home on BBC locals.
That's true to some degree but there are also some excellent dedicated local broadcasters in BBC local radio.

The truth is that good broadcasters with personality are not out there in thousands.

If they were then they would be snapped up and on 75k a year.
old pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 19:49
Mark C
Forum Member

I don't normally listen to her, but when I caught a bit of her the other day I thought she sounded very similar to Ethoile George on BBC Essex.

Does anyone know if she is related?
If they are, then they will be sisters in law. Julia George, used to be Jules Botfield, who presented on BBC Breakfast TV, and BBC London (TV and radio). She adopted her husband's name when they married.
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:57
Mrs Mills
Forum Member

...and wasn't the other one a Pegrum?
Mrs Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 23:53
Tiger 8
Inactive Member

I have to say that my only experience of listening to Julia was when she hosted her program about the importance of BBC LOCAL RADIO in March, when her own station was being networked and her bosses were talking about considerable networking with 5 Live. She was brave and inspiring and professional..
Tiger 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 13:07
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this very thread got a mention this morning on Radio Kent when Julia did a topic about Googling yourself and she wasn't too happy at all seeing that this came up near the top of the search results.
I can't remember how many times she said it, but she did repeat at least a few times the opening line "I really wish that they would get rid off this useless woman"
I never listed to the morning show before so cannot pass judgement, but I quite like her phone in show between 9-12 and this morning was quite amusing even though it wasn't so for poor Julia
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote