Options

The twist is NOT wildcards!

Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Louis Walsh just interviewed on Xposé on TV3 (Irish channel) and says that you have to watch on Sunday for the twist.

Which rules out wildcards and makes the twist, more voting/results related probably.

Perhaps Simon will have a say in who stays and who goes?

So, the rumours about Kelly at Jade's house was complete bs, as expected.

Comments

• Options
    actuallyactually Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why i love louis, he cant hold his water at all, each year he leaks stuff, normally to the irish press all hail lou lou <3
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the lines re-open when the bottom two have sang and the public vote? However, I doubt the judges (producers) would give up that power.
  • Options
    actuallyactually Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also its still a bit strange when a the end of last weeks main show .. Peter dickson said that this weeks shows both saturday and sunday start @ 7,30, in all the online tv guides sundays show starts @ 8 .. .... so i can defo agree the main twist will happen on sunday .. Probably tease it on saturday
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think the twist is Simon Comes back as a 5th judge and no deadlock.

I read this in july

http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/news/39627-simon-cowell-to-judge-both-the-us-and-uk-x-factor-2011-live-shows.html
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I agree. I favour it being something to do with Simon. He won't be able to relinquish control of his baby completely.

With 4 judges, deadlock has been a regularly occurring disaster before, so I can see it being announced that if the panel go to a 2-2 deadlock a live-via-satelite link is switched on and Dermot speaks to Simon 'Darth Vader' himself, and he has the casting vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    I agree. I favour it being something to do with Simon. He won't be able to relinquish control of his baby completely.

With 4 judges, deadlock has been a regularly occurring disaster before, so I can see it being announced that if the panel go to a 2-2 deadlock a live-via-satelite link is switched on and Dermot speaks to Simon 'Darth Vader' himself, and he has the casting vote.

Or he might be there for Saturday and Sunday and be a propper 5th judge
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't take what Louis says as gospel. He quit often talks a lot of shit about what's happening etc about the show.
  • Options
    slowdownslowdown Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Simon will be back.

I do, however, think that the twist will be that the fate of the bottom two contestants will be decided by the other contestants with no input from the judges. .

It'll create friction, upset, drama and would make bloody good tv!

Either that or the 'bottom two' sing off thing is scrapped and the person who did get the least votes is just kicked out, no sing off...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    The two who go on sunday will be replaced with wildcards. It will jazz up sundays show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slowdown wrote: »
    I don't think Simon will be back.

I do, however, think that the twist will be that the fate of the bottom two contestants will be decided by the other contestants with no input from the judges. .

It'll create friction, upset, drama and would make bloody good tv!

Either that or the 'bottom two' sing off thing is scrapped and the person who did get the least votes is just kicked out, no sing off...

Why don't you think so? there have been rumors. I Don't think they will do what you suggested
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,517
    Forum Member
    I think we could be in for a quadruple elimination- maybe not one from each catergory but just four in general.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Before last year's semi final Louis categorically told Irish radio there would be no sing off.

Five days later they had a sing off - Cher stayed (despite getting fewer votes) and Mary Byrne (his act) went.

So Louis has a good track record for not knowing what is going on!
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    great just what we need simons biased judging for another year!...

i take it when the judges results are needed it will cut to a screen with simon saying "well this is extremely tough, but taking everything into account... I'm saving (insert name here)" when really he hasn't took everything into account but only who will make him the most money/controversy.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I don't think the contestants will be deciding either. It would take too long since there are so many contestants and would be a bit tedious to get through. I think, if anything, it'll be a quadruple elimination OR just a regular double elimination, with a 3 way sing off/judge's vote.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,554
    Forum Member
    Maybe the acts pick who stays and who goes out of the bottom 3 or something [like DOI did this year for 1 week] - although that would be a bit Fame Academy esque too
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,517
    Forum Member
    Ah a three way sing-off would be very interesting!

Would also potentially eliminate the idea of deadlock. Maybe we are getting Bottom 3's this year rather than Bottom 2's/
  • Options
    rowens08rowens08 Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axed X Factor contestant Jade Richards will not return as a 'Wild Card' act when the show's live finals start this weekend.

Fans of the Scottish singer hoped she would make a surprise comeback, but X Factor bosses have ruled out that a twist on this weekend's programme will see axed contestants return.

A show source told The Sun newspaper: "Jade had one of the best voices on the show and had built up a strong following. But, unlike last year, the twist won't involve booted-out acts coming back.

"Each judge already has four acts. There is no room for any more. So Jade, or any of the other acts already eliminated, won't be coming back."

Jade's mother confirmed the news, saying she has to undergo physiotherapy for a car accident back in her hometown, Fife, and wouldn't be able to make it to London to appear on the show in time.

Jade was one of 32 acts who lost out when they were cut down to 16 finalists at the Judges Houses stage of the competition last weekend.

Another hopeful was 16-year-old Luke Lucas - whose emotional rejection by Gary Barlow caused the judge to call for the age limit for the show to be raised to 18 - who has vowed to work even harder to impress the judges next year.

He said: "I'm not going to sit at home and do nothing. X Factor - make some room, because I'll be back next year."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    The prospect of Luke Lucas returning next year is terrifying
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    double or triple elimination wouldn't be a shock, I don't think a triple is on the cards, could leave one judge with only one act left. 5th judge maybe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MtlToDub wrote: »

I am having the same nightmares! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it will be four leaving, followed by four Wildcard contestants (Luke, Jade, John W and one other)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MtlToDub wrote: »

The offspring of Michael McIntire and Katy Brand? Bwahahhahahahha!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be Simon via satellite link.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    ok the twist is imo the person who goes out on Sunday get's to be on the US X Factor, how about that for a twist
  • Options
    Too CloseToo Close Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe its a viewers vote for one of last year's contestants to come into this years show?