Options

Were RHYTHMIX better than you expected. Honest opinions.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
Forum Member
These girls have had so many bad comments on these forums that I didn't know what to expect. Considering they were the favourites to go by a majority of people on here. I thought they were absolutely amazing. I have a feeling they have shocked a lot of people.

Comments

• Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were slightly better than expected, but I still don't expect them to make it past week 3/4.
  • Options
    Cunny FuntCunny Funt Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved them! Hope they stay tomorrow.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they did really well.

Unlike Belle Amie, Miss Frank and Hope, I didn't think they'd go far or make it past the first week. I just thought they were there to make up the numbers.

But that performance made me rethink about why they are there. I really feel Tulisa could turn them into a successful girlband but I still don't think they'll go to the end. Maybe finish around 9th?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    They slightly dissapointed me to be honest with you..I expected them to be a little stronger but to me it seemed they weren't connecting too well and also there is DEFINATELY one flat one in there...I just can't figure out who :P.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cunny Funt wrote: »
    I absolutely loved them! Hope they stay tomorrow.

Love your username :D
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was very pleasantly surprised
  • Options
    lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was expecting to be slightly biased towards them since jade and perrie are from the same area as me but i was really impressed by the whole group tonight
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. Didn't think they were anything special.
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought their solo vocals in the song were just as good as The Risk members. But their harmonies were lacking. You could tell it was only one of them who was flat but not sure who.

For girlbands to go far they have to be exceptional, week on week on week. Boybands, it's clearly a different story. I still think they'll go pretty far and surprise a lot of people. I predict they'll finish about 7th/8th at best. A lot of potential, just need to sort out their harmonies.

Their image is fantastic. They're young, look fun and their makeup isn't too harsh like Belle Amie with the weird eyes they had for their first performance. I think they will connest more as the show goes on (with the viewers and with each other).
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Better than I expected is a massive understatement. They're in my top 3 for last night! I was expecting them gone but now I have no doubt they'll survive the twist.

If Tulisa gives them songs like she did yesterday every week then they could have more success than their predecessors.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate rap, hate manufactured groups, hate Tulisa as a judge.

Thought they were brilliant. LOVE them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I loved Rhythmix! I think overall Tulisa's doing a really good job with the groups given that they're notoriously the most difficult category to work with on the show. I didn't like Tulisa before... but she's growing on me. And I think she'll do a good job with Rhythmix.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Definitely! I liked them at JH, but wasn't expecting much from the live shows, but I honestly thought they were brilliant! One of my favourites of the night :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much better than expected.

There's still room for improvement with some of the rapping and harmonies but the song choice was spot on and I'd probably agree with the 'best girl band performance ever' assessment. Not that there was any competition whatsoever in that category :rolleyes:
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than Belle Amie similar to Hope.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved there harmonies at the end and the second rap where it was just the one girl!
  • Options
    Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know the song they were singing to be honest so couldn't judge properly. But for a first live performance they held it together well. Hope they sing something more mainstream next week (if they're still in).

God, I sound old. :D
  • Options
    MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most definately, I was extremely surprised with them, they deserve to be there, very impressed, although they aren't the act I will be supporting, its The Risk all the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they werent amazing they were just OK they got lucky with the song choice imo
  • Options
    Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At moments they were good. There is 1 of them who is singing completely out of tune and bringing the others down though, cant quite pin on who it is. Think its perhaps the blonde one though ?
  • Options
    Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhythmix were definitley in my top 3 tonight, thought they were really good
  • Options
    BaconbaconBaconbacon Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I was really shocked by how good they were. I expected a train wreck, lol. They 100% wont win, nor do I think they'll go far even if they keep up this level (who's going to vote for them?) but good for them.
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Really good, I thought they'd be cannon fodder. But they've impressed me tonight, I expected Nu Vibe to do much better than them however it hasn't worked out that way...
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    as far as the girl bands go they were really good, i don't think they will leave because they have a lot of potential they sang super bass and i think if the public had voted tonight i don't think that they would be in the bottom two either because its a very popular song with girls at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I thought they were brilliant. I hate the song they performed, but they did it well and were a lot more polished/professional that most bands that appear on XF. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them, actually. Though I don't expect they'll stay too long with the public vote (will prob get a few weeks.)