Options

Wifi scanning with an Epson Stylus SX425W

Hi
I just bought the above multi printer and am very pleased with it, apart from I can't get it to scan to the laptop unless it is usb connected. All the other functions work fine, and it is connected and prints via wifi ok. Luckily I do have a usb cable and with this I have been happily archiving family photos, but it a wee bit of a pain in the bum to have to sit near the printer to do this. I have read the manual and it doesn't mention having to use the cable.(the LCD screen on on the printer tells you to USB connect.)
Does anybody have this model, am I doing anything wrong?
Ta!:)

Comments

• Options
    DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to load the pictures manually into the scanner anyway. There is no automatic way around this.

Does the printer come with a solution centre type thing, or centrally controlled piece of software? What happens if you try and tell it to scan using that over the wireless?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    it's not unusual to have to scan via usb
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will scan via wi fi. You need to push the scan button on the printer first then open the epson scan programme.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Cheers neo, that worked a treat.
    Sorry Daedroth I didn't explain fully, The sockets by the laptop (knackered battery) are full and the printer is across the room at another socket.
    Does that make sense? ...Probably not a lot. Anyway, DS to the rescue, thanks again.:)