Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

UK Pace

Old 24-10-2011, 21:06
Elanor
Forum Member

I'm stupid! It never occurred to me that the thread title on the other thread I started limited it to one week...

Anyway, week 5! I have very fond memories of the 80s, so I'm looking forward to this.

WTF though - they're on an ad break already, and they're under 5 minutes in!
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-10-2011, 23:17
ianswaiting
Forum Member

How did Derek and Rikki manage to dance a foxtrot to that music No wonder they struggled, they had to dance to something that seemed to be more suited to a jive
ianswaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 08:01
Kmc1978
Forum Member

How did Derek and Rikki manage to dance a foxtrot to that music No wonder they struggled, they had to dance to something that seemed to be more suited to a jive
It was fine for a foxtrot. It would be way to slow for a jive. Their problem was that they put the running man move into a foxtrot but it just didn't work.
Kmc1978 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 18:59
Chiaroscuro
Forum Member

I'm stupid! It never occurred to me that the thread title on the other thread I started limited it to one week...
This thread is also good. Well done.

Anyway, week 5! I have very fond memories of the 80s, so I'm looking forward to this.

WTF though - they're on an ad break already, and they're under 5 minutes in!
The ads do get a bit much. Although in ours, 5 minutes in and Bruce is still going through his opening routine.
Chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 16:56
kaycee
Forum Member

Wasn't it dreadful? It wasn't really a jive, but certainly not a foxtrot - way way too fast for a start. Trouble is, producers of dwts & scd just don't seem to realise that not every piece of music lends itself to ballroom/Latin dancing.

Most music can be adapted to make it suitable, which is what happens when pop songs, film music, etc., is subsequently recorded for strict tempo dancing. But to do this the people re-recording have to understand the required tempo.
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 18:52
Elanor
Forum Member

My favourite from 80s week was Hope (although I didn't like the end part where she was just jumping around) - Ricki and Derek were fine, but it wasn't up to their usual standard for me. I was surprised to find myself quite enjoying Carson's jive, although it was rubbish technically. I haven't warmed to him as a person, but that dance did make me smile.
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 00:25
Camis
Forum Member

Just caught up (I watch or record the Wednesday showing) - sorry to see Carson go, but he wasn't really getting any better. Wish they wouldn't keep putting Hope in jeopardy - unless she really isn't getting the votes and they hope it will give her a kick up the backside.

Glad to see JR back at the top of the leaderboard - I think he is a fab dancer.
Camis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 17:55
Chiaroscuro
Forum Member

Just watched the Halloween special last night. Some of the songs they had to perform to were daft - Ghostbusters particularly springs to mind! Hope we're not going to have to see Ricki Lake wincing bravely through her rehearsals each week from now on.
Chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote