Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Paranormal Activity 3, slightly confussed. Help

Old 28-10-2011, 14:36
FCUK
Forum Member

Last night i went to watch PA 3. Great film, jumpy and very scary. However i left the cinema confussed. In the trailers there were scenes i didn't see in the actual film. Several scenes in fact and that left me annoyed. Of what i can remember.... scene where the little girl throws water at someone/something, hits it and then drops, then mum sees and grabs her daughter and runs out. Where Katie and Kristi playing bloody mary and a black figure appears in the mirror. Where the younger daughter jumps from her bedroom. Where one sister is jumping on the trampoline and the younger sister looks creepily into the camera. I think there is another scene but not sure. I saw NONE of these and felt dissapointed. Why show it in trailers and not in actual film?? I've never seen this before and was quite shocked. Those who hadn't see trailers wouldnt have expected anything else, but those who did see surely your thinking same as me???

Why?????

Also this film is supposed to explain this 'thing' that has haunted the two sisters. I did slightly get it but still not 100% sure. Was it all to do with the grandmother Lois and the fact she was in a cult/covenant?? Can someone help me out please?? (I know there is a thread about the film, but i created this one cause it's different to other thread)
FCUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-10-2011, 14:57
mandy211080
Forum Member

I went to see it to and was disappointed that LOADS of the trailer wasn't in the film.
Apparently though this was done on purpose and these scenes will be on the DVD as extras.

The way I saw it was the Grandmother (who was freaky looking at the start) was part of this coven and she was trying to get her daughter at the start to have another baby ''you know you've always wanted a son'' she says to Julie. We know the demon wants a son from PA2. I think 'Toby' wanted to marry the little girl so he could have a son through her. The demon starts becoming sinister when Kristi says 'no I;m not doing it. to Toby on one of the night tapes. The next day it takes her sister into the cupboard and then that's when she asks to go to Grandma's house. I think Toby told her to ask her mother to go to Grandma's and when Julie still refused was when the Kitchen stuff happened FORCING Julie to take them to the Grandma's house.
When Kristi is dressed in a wedding dress at the end at her grandmothers it is because the grandmother is getting her ready for her 'wedding' to Toby.

I hope this makes sense.

Good film though
mandy211080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 15:10
FCUK
Forum Member

Just remembered other scenes not in film...Burning house and the Mum being pulled. I think putting these in trailers and not in film was a huge mistake and very stupid!!!!!!

Saying that, loved the filma dn am enjoying the series, hope a PA4 will come. Cause we have no idea whats going on with Katie and Hunter. Plus Kristi's daughter!

So..the grandmother made a deal with this demon in exchange for a first born son. And so the paranormal stuff begins all cause Lois made this deal. Obviously between PA3 and the other 2..no sons were born into the family, ergo why PA1 and 2, the demon is still lurking cause he wants a son. So after PA3, the grandmother has the 2 girls....what happens between that and PA 1 and 2? Cause obviously none of the girls 'married' toby. So many things left in mid air, a 4th film has to come...
Old 28-10-2011, 15:38
MrsWatermelon
Forum Member

This is my timeline from the other PA3:

Spoiler

Either the DVD is going to have a different, uncut version of the film or it was intentional to make scenes for the trailer that weren't in the film. I think the latter may be true because the Bloody Mary sequence is in the film but with different characters and a different outcome. It's annoying when you go to a horror film and all the best scares were in the trailer, maybe they wanted to avoid that.

But since PA1 had alternate endings perhaps this one will also have a different DVD version, including the scenes that were cut out.
MrsWatermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 16:35
FCUK
Forum Member

Well i seem now to have gotten the gist of it. The moment i saw the grandmother i thought she seemed very fishy. And then when she seemed to push her daughter to have more kids..ie boy...thats when i clicked, the grandmother was the key to it all and it began from her.
Old 30-10-2011, 13:50
alibee
Forum Member

so happy to have found this thread! watched the movie and thought i was going mad. came home and watched the trailer online and realised it wasn't me but still nice to realise i didn't miss huge gaps by watching most of the movie through my hands
alibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 14:07
EmilyCAndrews
Forum Member

Im going to watch it on Wednesday so I cant quite comment on missing clips but i will keep my eye out.. however..

They did the with PA2.. on the adverts the baby crawled in the road but this was never shown in the film. I dont get why they do it
EmilyCAndrews is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 15:34
irishpie
Forum Member

Im going to watch it on Wednesday so I cant quite comment on missing clips but i will keep my eye out.. however..

They did the with PA2.. on the adverts the baby crawled in the road but this was never shown in the film. I dont get why they do it
It's so they don't give away the scares in the trailers and if you have seen the trailer then you know what's gonna happen when you see it in the cinema
irishpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 18:31
pauldowney
Forum Member

Was pretty disappointed with this.
pauldowney is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote